• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For SOLOS ONLY!

taswira

"Let It Go" - but carefully guard your secrets!
How about designating this thread <B>For SOLOS ONLY</B> - those adults who are visiting WDW and the parks ALONE and would like to meet other DISers for a day at the parks or a meal at WDW?

This would <I>exclude</I> families, couples, or those with friends and relatives meeting them at WDW. If you are <I>really</I> <B>solo</B> and seeking company for doing the parks, you could post here.

What do you think? Anyone? :earseek:

I think it's a good idea. There is a difference between solos and adults traveling without kids. We solos have different issues sometimes regarding vacation plans.

Yes, maybe a moderator could "sticky" this thread to be one of the first listed. Or branch it off to its own so various sub-threads could be posted. Is that confusing or do y'all know what I mean? :D

I'd really like to see if someone who is solo will be at WDW when I am. Yesterday I finalized my plans for Oct. 18 thru Oct. 25. Can't wait! :)

Originally posted by billybaruch1
Yes, maybe a moderator could "sticky" this thread to be one of the first listed. Or branch it off to its own so various sub-threads could be posted. Is that confusing or do y'all know what I mean? :D
I'd really like to see if someone who is solo will be at WDW when I am. Yesterday I finalized my plans for Oct. 18 thru Oct. 25. Can't wait! :)
I think that is an EXCELLENT idea! Going solo is TOTALLY different than just being adults without kids. Solos are often looking for someone to hang out with at the parks or have meals with (like those too self-conscious to do a character meal alone, etc.). That's why I agree that we need our own "category" on the DIS. :smooth:

As for Oct. 18 thru 25 - If you don't find anyone else, I'll be around after the Magic cruise returns the morning of the 18th. I will probably do MNSSHP on the 19th. I only live just over an hour from WDW, so meeting up with people at the parks is no problem. I am often there a few times a week. :p

Moderators - <I>Could</I> you create us a "Solos Only" category? We would sure appreciate it! :teeth:

JMHO, but I don't think this board is really busy enough with the categories combined. If they're split up, the new boards would be even slower.

I personally have no problem locating posts regarding solo travel.

If you're looking to hang out with someone, you may want to try the DIS Meets board.

:)

taswira, that sounds good. Even if I DO find someone else, we'll just have a bigger party! :wave: Once I catch my flight, my only other "worry" that week is to not miss the return flight. Ha! Nice work if you can get it, right? :teeth:

Too bad about the slow boards thing. Oh well...

<B>To all SOLOS -</B> Please check out the new <B><a href="http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=393800">SOLO Central</A></B> threads just for us! This should make it easier for solos to arrange meets with each other without weeding through the couples and family posts. :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter