For the first time in forever (9 years!) we're heading back to Disney! A trip of Celebrations -PTR

RocketCityMama

DIS Veteran
Hello Disney Friends!

It's been a long 9 years since we have been to Disney by the time our trip of celebration rolls around in May/June 2018, so I thought I would do a PTR in hopes to gain some insights on changes to Disney. So I'll get right to the heart of the matter, our trip purpose and introductions.

Our trip is being called the Trip of Celebrations! We're celebrating quite a few things while we are there in 2018, first up is, this is part of my oldest daughters high school graduation present, we're also celebrating our 18th wedding anniversary AND my youngest dd's First trip! We might as well say my middle dd is also taking a first trip, but she's been before at 3.5 and 4, but does not really remember it sadly. She is equally excited about returning.

So onto introductions! I am Frances, a sahm to 3 girls (17, 12 and 7) and currently homeschool the youngest. I have been married to Leon for 17.5 years. My older two girls have been to Disney twice, along with my husband. This coming trip will be my 5th trip to WDW. :) I went twice prior as a teen.

Our current plans are a split stay between POR-Riverside and Orange Lake Resort. Our first week will be at POR and second Orange Lake. My dd graduates on May 25th and we'll have family in town, so our plan is to leave on Monday May 28 and arrive on May 29. We have a room booked in Alligator Bayou for May 29-June 3 and Orange Lake for June 3-June 9. We are lucky that my FIL has the timeshare, so we get to stay for free, which helps the cost of our trip immensely and we love the resort, having already been there for our two Universal trips.

I'll be back soon with more details, dining etc. Did something change with photobucket I can no longer post pictures?

Following along! Looks like it's going to be a fun trip back to the World after 9 years!

To answer your question-- yes, you can no longer share photos from Photobucket. They annoyingly changed their website's sharing policy last year and ruined everyone's TRs and PTRs in the process :sad2: I now use Fluttershy as my alternative to Photobucket, which is just as easy and gives you more storage!

Following along! Looks like it's going to be a fun trip back to the World after 9 years!

To answer your question-- yes, you can no longer share photos from Photobucket. They annoyingly changed their website's sharing policy last year and ruined everyone's TRs and PTRs in the process :sad2: I now use Fluttershy as my alternative to Photobucket, which is just as easy and gives you more storage!

Welcome :) We are really looking forward to going back, have been talking about it for years but needed to wait due to finances. We originally were going to do a Disney Cruise but since it was costing more than a 2 week trip to the World for 4 day cruise, we opted to take on the world instead!

Oh man that is so terrible at photobucket, guess I will be logging back into my fluttershy account! Thanks for the tip, I was wondering whey I could see some peoples pictures but not others. Too bad for photobucket, but at least we have options!

Alright back to the show now! I finally got my photo issue worked out, so hopefully these pics will show up!

Our family

1sgoqg.jpg

This was last Christmas, so kids have changed a bit, esp the two younger ones lol

Side note that I forgot in my original post, I just had total knee replacement surgery on my right knee (at the ripe ol age of 40) and will be getting the other one done hopefully sometime in Jan. My plan and according to the surgeon I should be OK for our trip in late May early June. I realize I may have to take it slower but can't be any worse than prior to surgery. I am currently 5 weeks out and doing well walking with a cane and pt says I am doing well. So because of the surgery I have lots of time to plan our trip and read up on all the changes.

So let's talk dining reservations! My 180 window came open the weekend after my surgery and I totally forgot (oops!) but have managed to snag the places we plan to go. We are not doing the dining plan. So far we have:

Wed May 30th - CRT breakfast at 9:10 am (hoping that an earlier one will come open)

Thurs May 31st - Whispering Canyon Cafe Dinner at 5pm
Fri June 1st - O'hana Breakfast at 8:45 am
Sun June 3rd - Bon Voyage Breakfast 8:55 am
Mon June 4th - BOG Lunch at 12:20pm

I am currently trying to decide if I want to keep the Bon Voyage and BOG reservations. I hear such mixed reviews on them. Anyone want to share their thoughts?

Those ADRs look great! I've heard great things about the Bon Voyage Breakfast, and they have such fantastic characters! BOG lunch is delicious, just a little underwhelming. If it's going to be your only chance to do Be Our Guest this trip, I say keep it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter