For the same price- AKL Kidani Standard View or SSR??

wootejl

Earning My Ears
Normally this would be a no-brainer for me and I would say Kidani hands down over SSR. However, we stayed in a Kidani savannah view room last year and were a little disappointed with it compared to Jambo House. Still a great resort but we missed the grand lobby, restaurant options, larger gift shop, etc. at JH. We also saw almost no animals at all, where we were able to see TONS of animals from our standard view room at JH. For this trip the only available option at JH is a savannah view and too expensive. Even though I would group SSR in with the moderates rather than the deluxe resorts (due to all the scattered buildings and exterior doors), I do think it would be awesome to be able to walk over to Disney Springs from the resort. HELP! For basically the same price, which would you choose?

Kidani, hands down. The difference between us, probably, is that if I book standard I have no expectations of a savannah view so I am not going to be disappointed with my room. At SSR, I have always been so far away from the main building that I don't go there. I have not had a good experience with buses in the three times that we have stayed and the CMs were okay, but not great.

What are your plans?

Because if you're looking at dining out of park and hanging more, I'd say hit SSR and use the boat/walk to DS.

I would definitely choose AKL Kidani even with a standard view. AKL feels like a Resort and you aren’t walking outside far to get to the lobby/ main building like SSR. Unless you are going to Disney Springs several times, I think AKL is worth the bus ride over

I think with the Savannah view, you never know how many, what type of animals you will see. I wouldn't see that as a disappointment. AKL is probably the only resort that I wouldn't stay at anything less than a pool view room. I agree with the other posters that it would depend on where you plan on spending most of your time. I really like SSR, and wouldn't hesitate to stay there.

Do not know why you would classify SSR as a moderate. There are many Disney resorts that have multiple buildings including the Poly and GF. SSR doors are not exterior the hallways are covered have walls but have open windows and open stair cases. With that I like AKL but I will say the Standard view at Kidani can have a poor view... If you are willing to request the far end of the resort near the pool you may end up looking at the back of the Savannah... the walk to the pool is ok form there but to get to the lobby, bus stop and Jambo for decent CS... lets just say your walks would be far less than at SSR. I personally like SSR above most resorts these days because of the access to DS with great Dining options... I have found it increasing harder to have a good meal at Disney owned places in recent years.... there are still some but it seems every year I cross off some of our past favorites.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter