For those folks driving!

Could you do 1/2 day Friday and leave around noon? That way she'd only miss 1/2 of Friday? We're from PA so I don't know where that would put you time wise for a big city w/ rush hour
Yea, not sure. We are coming from CT and can get to Langhorne Pa in 3 hours. I feel like there would be traffic during the day. I'm going to try to write down all of our scenarios and see what I come up with. The joy's of planning and since I can't obsess over ADR's or FP's yet, might as well obsess over transportation.

Yea, not sure. We are coming from CT and can get to Langhorne Pa in 3 hours. I feel like there would be traffic during the day. I'm going to try to write down all of our scenarios and see what I come up with. The joy's of planning and since I can't obsess over ADR's or FP's yet, might as well obsess over transportation.
That'd probably put you in DC at the tail end of rush hour, you could stop a few exits past there for the night. Stay right at the GA/FL line for Sat night, puts you in a good position for get to WDW pretty early on Sunday, where you could either do DS or 1/2 day at one of the parks

There really is very little to recommend stopping at south of the border. It used to be great 30 years ago but now not so much. Just an FYI....I live in NC and pass it all the time

Leaving from Chicago on Friday what are the best apps for road trips

We usually run both Waze and Google Maps (on 2 different phones) when making the 1,000+ mile drive to Disney. We like Waze most of the time and if we're only running one phone, that's the app we use. We find that Google Maps is better at giving details about delays which helps us make a better decision about whether to reroute or just stay on the original route.

hi there
we are international guests and the husband wants too do atlanta/ augusta/pinehurst /hilton head /jacksonville before he meets me at wdw.

as you can tell by the destinations, he is an avid golfer.

any hints, tips, suggestions? Any places/ roads to avoid?

will be in late august.

Thanks in advance.

I’m looking for tips driving down to WDW from just south of Boston. I was going to try take the train again but my family is dead set against it. I apparently am the only one in my family who really enjoyed the auto train. Anyway, we’re heading down for April school vacation week, probably leaving Thursday night 4/11. We will have 4 people driving, me, DH, DS18 and his friend who will also be 18.

Looking for:
Best time to leave:
Best stops along the way:
If you have driving straight thru before, any regrets and/or things you’re glad you did?
Recommendations for stopping overnight on the way home?

Any advice is greatly appreciated! We’ve driven back before straight thru but it was just me and DH and it was exhausting. Hoping with 4 drivers it will be a bit better.

Thanks!
Bump
We are planning the drive next Dec from west of Boston!

We are coming down in July and from where we live we can get to I-75 or I-26/I-95 from about the same distance. We last went to WDW in 2014 and took I-95, I'm just wondering which way everyone likes and why. DH wants to do I95 again because he wants to avoid Atlanta (He's never been that way, though. Just heard stories).

DH wants to do I95 again because he wants to avoid Atlanta (He's never been that way, though. Just heard stories).
Has he heard stories about NYC? Baltimore? DC (and the 40 mile stretch south of there)?

Has he heard stories about NYC? Baltimore? DC (and the 40 mile stretch south of there)?
He's never done big cities other than our trips to Myrtle Beach and WDW. We live in a 2 red light town. The nearest Walmart is 30 minutes away. He'd have to take a sedative, wear a blindfold and let me handle DC or NYC. I've traveled thru Atlanta several times growing up, it does not bother me. I, however, am not the one doing the driving. Evidently my driving scares him :car:

Imho NYC much worse than Baltimore or DC. But I do live in Md.:sunny: I am driving down solo tomorrow going 95. Plan to stop in Lumberton, hit friends in GA second day then 4 hours to WDW.

We are planning a road trip from the the Toronto area to mrytle beach this March break. Is anyone familiar with the route? I'm just looking for suggestions on stops if we are travelling with 3 kids (3, 7, 14). We have approx 10 days so I was thinking 3 days there, 3 days at mrytle beach and 3 days coming home.

Driving from Annapolis Md on a Friday in June. Leaving early in the afternoon and trying to decide where to spend the night off 95 to break up the drive. Looking at Florence SC or Savannah GA. Any other suggestions on which town or hotel?

Florence is a bit off the highway, Savannah has a lot to offer right off the exit. There is a Hampton we stayed at once in the Savannah area that was in a good place. Not really anything bad in either area :)

Florence is a bit off the highway, Savannah has a lot to offer right off the exit. There is a Hampton we stayed at once in the Savannah area that was in a good place. Not really anything bad in either area :)

Some hotels in Florence are right off the interstate... we've stayed at "Quality Inn & Suites Civic Center" in Florence 3 times in the past, it's right there at the interchange of I-95 & I-20. The place is not new, but each time the rooms have been good and the included hot breakfast in the morning was also good.

I’m looking for tips driving down to WDW from just south of Boston. I was going to try take the train again but my family is dead set against it. I apparently am the only one in my family who really enjoyed the auto train. Anyway, we’re heading down for April school vacation week, probably leaving Thursday night 4/11. We will have 4 people driving, me, DH, DS18 and his friend who will also be 18.

Looking for:
Best time to leave:
Best stops along the way:
If you have driving straight thru before, any regrets and/or things you’re glad you did?
Recommendations for stopping overnight on the way home?

Any advice is greatly appreciated! We’ve driven back before straight thru but it was just me and DH and it was exhausting. Hoping with 4 drivers it will be a bit better.

Thanks!
We are west of Boston and I have made this trip 20 plus times now in all sorts of variations. We have done straight through on the way home but never on the way down as, even if you aren't driving it leaves you tired and who wants that at the start of the trip. Last 4 trips we have opted to leave around 10pm and drive through the night until Savannah. This last trip in December we left central mass on a Thursday around 10pm and got to Savannah a little after 1pm the next day. Because of the late hour we left we opted to drive through NYC over GWB and onto Jersey Turnpike. Traffic was constant but flowing. This was the most direct route and quickest. We crossed over the VA state line sometime before 7am and that left just Richmond left for traffic which we got through fine also a few hours later. Our total drive time including stops for bathroom/fueling up and stopping for breakfast and lunch was about 15 hours, which left about 4 and a half the next day from Savannah.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!