For those going to Disney this Summer - does your family think you are crazy?

itsdisneytime

oh my, am i day dreaming about Disney again?
So - My daughter is a graduating Senior from High School this year. With this pandemic, all of her special moments were cancelled just shy of them happening. Prom, Graduation, Dance Recital Etc. Just like all the other children, she was learning in place for the last few months. We had excitedly planned to visit Magic Kingdom for the sole purposes of taking some cap and gown pictures in front of the castle. Being only ticket holders - not hotel nor AP - it still goes to see whether or not we will get in on our August trip = but if we can snag a day with our tickets we have -- I still plan on having her picture taken. It seems however, everyone I tell this to, looks at me like I have lost my mind, like I need my head examined for even rolling the Corona Dice. I also have a cruise booked for November 30th and while I know that could still get cancelled by Disney, I still plan on going if they sail. How do you all feel about returning to Disney ... is it too soon? Should I turn the other cheek to everyone now pointing fingers at how even the Disney CM's are signing petitions to close the parks?

So - My daughter is a graduating Senior from High School this year. With this pandemic, all of her special moments were cancelled just shy of them happening. Prom, Graduation, Dance Recital Etc. Just like all the other children, she was learning in place for the last few months. We had excitedly planned to visit Magic Kingdom for the sole purposes of taking some cap and gown pictures in front of the castle. Being only ticket holders - not hotel nor AP - it still goes to see whether or not we will get in on our August trip = but if we can snag a day with our tickets we have -- I still plan on having her picture taken. It seems however, everyone I tell this to, looks at me like I have lost my mind, like I need my head examined for even rolling the Corona Dice. I also have a cruise booked for November 30th and while I know that could still get cancelled by Disney, I still plan on going if they sail. How do you all feel about returning to Disney ... is it too soon? Should I turn the other cheek to everyone now pointing fingers at how even the Disney CM's are signing petitions to close the parks?
Our extended family is happy that we get to go on the trip. My mother is elderly, so she can't travel right now due to the Covid risk. But she's happy that we're getting out after 3 months of seclusion. My sister already has her daughter back in preschool. I'm an elementary teacher & will be back in the classroom in August. Life is going on. We're flying in and are looking forward to it. We've already been hitting local waterparks, etc. We support reopening and many others we know do, as well. Covid is dangerous to certain subgroups of people who should stay isolated, but it isn't the plague. Most people who get it are just fine.

The Disney workers who are protesting reopening are in California, not Florida, btw. Reopening has become very politicized, and those two states are very different, politically.

Last edited:
I don’t know what to think. I had no issues with going, but this week is starting to make me worry a little bit. We are 5 weeks out and the FL numbers are starting to make me question if I’m being foolish. It’s just me and the kids and we are flying. I’m going to keep a close eye on FL numbers....

Purely a personal opinion, but I wouldn't set foot in Florida right now as coronavirus is clearly out of control there. But what will be happening in August is anyone's guess at this point.

EDIT: This gives an idea of what you are heading into, state by state.

https://rt.live

My family doesn’t think it, they know I’m crazy:crazy:. Disney during a pandemic is just the icing on the cake for them. Always glad to inspire a conversation

I follow all recommended protocols at home. But, boarded an aircraft to Myrtle Beach after Memorial Day for a week’s visit. Knock on wood, i’m Still standing.

However, I have a very careful eye on both Florida’s & South Carolina’s overnight infection rates. Do hope either/or peaks before our scheduled week of vacaction 2nd week of August, otherwise it will be porchville.

Thank you all for the input. My trip is scheduled for July 31st-August 6th. Im staying off site at Orange Lakes because it's very close to my daughter's godfather (all is not lost if we can't go to Disney because we will see them) but my mind tells me that I don't want to be negligent but at the same time, there must be a way to be safe while being out and about). I live next door to my very opinionated mother who has a big mouth and even bigger eyes that don't miss a move lol. No wonder I want to risk taking a trip out of here huh? Lol!

Thanks all. Wishing the best for each of you, and praying we all continue to be well.

Just thought I'd share our Senior Picture at the Castle! We took the plunge & went to Florida after all! It was simply magical. Ive gotten a negative Covid test yesterday, so I think I can confidently say -
"Take the trip!"

Attachments

• 663967738_1107281023_dsnyRes-medium_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg
    663967738_1107281023_dsnyRes-medium_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg
    71.6 KB · Views: 14
Just thought I'd share our Senior Picture at the Castle! We took the plunge & went to Florida after all! It was simply magical. Ive gotten a negative Covid test yesterday, so I think I can confidently say -
"Take the trip!"
I’m so glad to hear that it was a magical trip :) I’ve resigned myself that I won’t be going this year so I’m living vicariously through others! And I’m grateful that people are going, to keep the parks open and support the CMs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter