• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For those on the fence with DDP

TSM1993

DIS Veteran
Here is what I found out. With me doing some fiquring. I know tax is included and tip of 18% if I remember correctly but I forget tax rate so I will keep the taxes out. Snacks about 2.50.
Based on Adult meals.All are TS meals also remember these are just based on the entree and tax and desserts arent fiqured in either.Some TS only has 1 dessert to offer and some desserts are included with you not having an option in picking your dessert so I am not even including in total.

Ohana(Dinner)
25.99 Adult
4.68 tip
30.67 Total
2.50 snack
33.17 Toatal w /snack
Plus still have a CS coming which means inorder to get your 37.99 you need to have a CS meal of more then $4.82

WCC (dinner)
22.49 Skillet Meal
4.05 Tip
26.54 Total
2.50 Snack
29.04 total with snack
plus you have CS yet which means you need a CS of 8.95 to reach 37.99

LTT (Dinner)
27.99 Adult
5.04 Tip
33.03 Total
2.50 Snack
35.53 total with snack
Plus CS meal which means you need to order a CS meal of 2.46 to reach the 37.99

I will do 1 2table service meal. $75.98

Yatchsman Steak House
12.99 App (scallops)
42.00 Porter house
7.00 White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Pie
61.99 subtotal
11.16 tip
73.15 Total just for dinner didnt see price of soda and not fiquring tax in

All prices taking off of Menus on Allears

Hopefully this helps.

It looks like you didn't figure a beverage into the cost of the meals. Isn't a soda around $1.99-2.50? Even though most people might not normally order an appetizer with every TS meal, I'm thinking that they might order at least a coke. Just a thought.

It's kind of weird to do an analysis without tax, since tax is unavoidable. Tax will add approximately $1.50 to $2.00 to each of your buffets. Keep in mind that Ohana and LTT are buffets and they are among the cheapest TS dining choices at Disney. Most places on the DDP will give you a lot more bang for the buck in terms of $$$ savings.

WCC would be $10 more than the amount stated here once you add in beverage, dessert and tax. WCC would be a lot more than the amount stated (approx. $17 more) if you were to order an appetizer, steak, beverage, and dessert instead of the skillet.

It's just really hard to give an analysis of the plan with only a few examples. Everyone has different dining habits and family compositions. People need to really study the menus and determine what they would order if they were NOT on the plan. Then compare that cost to the plan (remembering that the plan includes 6.5% tip and 18% gratuity). In many cases the plan will be cheaper. In some cases, the plan will cost the same or a little more, but it will offer a LOT more food and better dining experience. In some cases, the plan just won't work for a family for one reason or another.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter