For those sailing in 2021...how are you feeling?

I'm super hopeful...we are on the same cruise :)
We had to reschedule from this year. I refuse to live in a bubble. If Disney goes, I go. The world's economy needs to continue. I've heard from friends that live in Italy that they want to have visitors again.
This will be #13 for me, so I'm good with not every experience happening. I would definitely be upset if it was my first and didn't get the full experience.
I am a truly optimistic person though, almost to a fault.
I just feel like everything is going to be fine, albeit different.
I actually have a Caribbean cruise scheduled over Thanksgiving (not Disney) that I am optimistic about as well. Again, that's my personality.

we are going on the wonder on April 11th from SD. We are hopeful, but not telling our kids yet because we don’t want to cancel on them.
I’m the same not telling our son until literally the day we leave. I love surprising him anyways...we surprised him with an Eastern on the Fantasy for his 8th birthday this past August and the reaction/look on his face made keeping it a secret beyond worth it. He was so happy! Fingers crossed for you to have an amazing cruise:-)

I'm super hopeful...we are on the same cruise :)
We had to reschedule from this year. I refuse to live in a bubble. If Disney goes, I go. The world's economy needs to continue. I've heard from friends that live in Italy that they want to have visitors again.
This will be #13 for me, so I'm good with not every experience happening. I would definitely be upset if it was my first and didn't get the full experience.
I am a truly optimistic person though, almost to a fault.
I just feel like everything is going to be fine, albeit different.
I actually have a Caribbean cruise scheduled over Thanksgiving (not Disney) that I am optimistic about as well. Again, that's my personality.
Oh that’s awesome you’re on the same sailing!! This is such an amazing itinerary...I am so excited and love your optimistic attitude! :-)

I’m the same not telling our son until literally the day we leave. I love surprising him anyways...we surprised him with an Eastern on the Fantasy for his 8th birthday this past August and the reaction/look on his face made keeping it a secret beyond worth it. He was so happy! Fingers crossed for you to have an amazing cruise:-)

thank you! You too!

I appreciate the optimism of those looking forward to their sailing. We are booked for a 4-night cruise on the Wonder for this November, leaving the day after Thanksgiving. I honestly don't see if happening for our family...was to be our first DCL cruise and first cruise ever for our grandkids. I haven't canceled yet but our PIF date in the last week of August. If Disney begins cruising in August (BIG if) it really won't give us enough time to determine what cruise life might be in November before our full payment is due.

All speculation on my part, but potentially wearing masks onboard and not seeing my grandkids smiles, limited or no use of pools, limited character interaction...all point to less than a 100% experience. Plus the possibility of a quarantine upon return - yikes!

For those who decide to press forward, I hope you have an amazing time and that all of my potential fears end up being totally wrong!

We are sailing in about a year and I am hopeful that everything is going to go as planned. It is awesome to have something to look forward to. I am glad to be trusting Disney as I wouldn't want to sail with anyone else.

We’re currently booked for August 2021. I can’t predict the future so who knows. I certainly didn’t expect to be on a cruise mid pandemic when we booked our Panama Canal cruise on opening day. So we’ll just have to see what happens. I’m not going to worry in advance.

We booked an Alaska cruise for May 2021 on opening day in February, before Canadian no travel orders started. While we are hopeful that cruise will occur, we are concerned there may not be a vaccine by then, and being high risk I am not willing to sail without being vaccinated or having natural immunity [I would much prefer the vaccine route, TYVM].

So we are considering August 2021 instead, which "buys" a few more months. We were in the unique position of having sailed B2B2B on the Dream in December 2019 and having booked two stateroom placeholders on each cruise. We used one toward the May cruise, and so we took two of the pairs and have applied them to also book one in August. I figured Disney already had our money with the placeholder, so putting the 4 together meant a $1000 deposit to the August cruise which was more than was needed, but meant no additional cash up front for me now. When I booked August I was upfront with the CM about what I was doing and that one of the two cruises would end up being canceled; she said she thought it sounded like a good idea considering the circumstances. By the time I booked August many weeks after May the cost had already gone up a chunk from opening day. It has gone up another chunk since.

We will cancel one of the cruises, but will wait until later to do so. When we do, its deposit will be applied to the one we keep. If 2021 is not possible due to the vaccine situation we will move it to 2022 and probably go with May 2022.

SW

At the moment, feeling just fine... We have a February 2021 SWDAS cruise scheduled and the Summer 2021 10-night Northern Europe booked. The dealbreaker for me would be significant changes to the SWDAS experience for the February cruise. I can live with masks in space such as the theater and moving around certain areas of the ship. So many things can happen between now and next year... I'll worry when I need to worry... I'll just book airfare on points so that it is more flexible

Our cruise is January 8 & 11. The 11th on Disney. I’m really really hoping the vaccine will be here late December or early January as talked about on the news yesterday. And I think 3 of 5 of us will get it as “high risk”. But if there’s not enough vaccine for us after the medical and essentials, we of course would have to wait on cruising. It just seems logical that the Disney ships sail after vaccine because then if someone gets the virus and dies, but had a Dr’s note.....well that’s on the Dr and not Disney. I believe that there are some ships sailing now that have this requirement.
But I think that anyone that has a trip March or beyond, you shouldn’t have any troubles at all.
You guys can probably personalize your FE’s in advance, me....not so much.

We’re booked June 2021 Alaska. No way will we go if there isn’t a vaccine by then. We aren’t high risk but being trapped onboard sounds like a special kind of hell.

I'm looking forward to our March 2021 cruise. The only deal-breaker for us would be masks required onboard, but I do not believe that will happen for a number of reasons: DCL is very different from the parks. I'm using DCL's insurance for this one, so if something comes up even at the last minute where we're unable or unwilling to cruise, I'll be able to cancel and put most of the money towards a future cruise. In addition, our airline tickets can be changed or cancelled without penalty. That's enough security for me.

We originally were going to cruise out of Miami on the Magic, but I recently decided to change it to the Dream out of Port Canaveral. The fact that Orlando is more open than Miami and has fewer cases was a consideration, but it still was not one of the main reasons, as I know that situation could change. Flight issues, our WDW AP's now extending into March, & a tantalizing concierge cabin on the Dream were really what caused me to make the switch.

I am def worried about September 2021. I worry more about the ports not letting cruise ships in that actually being on the ship. Regardless, I will not be paying in full till the final date because I am expecting to have to cancel.

My next cruise is 12/19/20 and while technically still this year, it's close enough to 2021. I had been very optimistic about it but am now starting to lose that optimism. We have a CC double dip booked for July '21 and think that will be okay. If the Christmas cruise gets canceled, our tentative plan is to book the 9nt that sails right after our double dip and have 14nt triple dip! We shall see.

My next cruise is 12/19/20 and while technically still this year, it's close enough to 2021. I had been very optimistic about it but am now starting to lose that optimism. We have a CC double dip booked for July '21 and think that will be okay. If the Christmas cruise gets canceled, our tentative plan is to book the 9nt that sails right after our double dip and have 14nt triple dip! We shall see.

We did B2B Eastern and Western cruises one year for 14 nights and that was the best vacation! So relaxing. We've also done a double dip cruise and loved that, too. You'll have such fun, no matter what!

I'm booked for May 1, 2021 and I'm worried. I don't necessarily care about some of the additional sanitation requirements or wearing mask, I'm more worried about getting stranded on the ship for a couple weeks. That's my biggest fear. My parents who are in their 70s are also supposed to come so their health is a concern as well.

That is literally the last cruise I could book with my placeholder from my last sailing, so as much as I would love to shift the cruise a bit later out, I'm not ready to lose the placeholder since it does make a big difference in cost. So, I'm going to hang in there as long as I can and hope for the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter