For those sailing in 2021...how are you feeling?

Oh man, I just looked at that itinerary yesterday, it is so awesome!!! Definitely would love to do that one, when our kids are older...

FWIW, I cannot imagine no shows, no characters, etc. this just does not work on a cruise ship.... likewise masks cannot be worn, when you are eating and drinking, swimming and so on.... so I just don't see cruises happening until none of these measures are needed.... hence I think that winter 2020/2021 is going to be difficult. Can't predict after that; will we have a working vaccine? How available will it be? What will the situation be internationally, medically and vaccine-wise, and even politically (other countries open to cruise ships, etc.) ?

I booked us on the 8 night Greek isles out of Rome June 19, 2021...while I’m super excited for this cruise I’m also very worried and wondering if I should even get my hopes up. I’m worried about a second wave in the fall/winter where we have to go through this all over again and our cruise gets canceled. I’m worried about what cruises will actually be like also. This will be our 4th Disney Cruise and we LOVE the shows. Will there even be shows since it’s so many people in one room? Will masks be required? Will we be able to meet characters and take pictures with them? I know no one knows the answers to these questions but it’s just constantly on my mind. I just can’t seem to get excited and really look forward to this bc I’m so worried about the what if’s. It almost makes me think about just canceling and rebooking for Europe 2022 when they become available.

If you‘re booked in 2021 how are you feeling about your cruise?

Like I said before, I doubt we will be sailing. Unless they have a effective vaccine out by next year. But lawd, I could never do Disney World like it will have to be done in the near future. Oh myyyyyyy.

We are on the same itinerary earlier in June 2021, and also have a cruise booked earlier in March (this is rare for us, but we already had March booked when we moved this year's Italy/Greece cruise to next year).

I am feeling like March is more questionable (given is still falls in respiratory illness season), but I am pretty confident about the June sailing.

Nobody has any idea how this will play out over the next year. We could get really lucky and it could go the way of SARS 1 (unlikely, given how this virus has spread compared to that virus), or one of the fast-tracked vaccines could be available (more likely, but still questionable). I have zero doubt that treatment protocols will be greatly improved (it appears we are already making progress here), reducing the risk of death, and it is possible a break-through treatment will work, which would be even better. If none of those happen, I think we will see this become more like how we respond to the flu. It may hit earlier in the year then it did this year and fizzle by June (based on a few articles I have read). And, we will start to put the risk in perspective better, just like we do with the other risks. People will realize that the risk of death to those under 65, without certain serious health conditions, is slightly worse, the same, or better than the flu. There is zero doubt the risk to children is less than the flu already. And the risk of death should decrease even more as some level of immunity begins to take hold in communities (which is likely based on one recent study I read). Eventually the media (and certain experts enjoying the new spotlight) will stop feeding the fear frenzy and move to the "how do we live with it" phase.

With that knowledge, the world will have no choice but to protect the vulnerable and move on the best we can. Those who are healthy and want to take a slight risk, as they do with so many other things in life, will do so. Even the non-healthy may choose to live life to the fullest and take the risk (as many do with other respiratory illnesses each year). This will become part of life, and I don't expect the extreme safety measures to last for years on end. People and companies will become complacent and things will return to closer to the norm (hopefully without people licking sauce off their fingers at the buffets!).

I remain optimistic that what we are living in now is not the new norm, despite the media headlines. In fact, in my local community, you would no longer know a pandemic is happening. Whether that results in a spike or not, I don't see people going back to complete isolation.

Slowly getting back to normal matches the original opinion of the experts, who said we would never reduce the number of people who eventually get it, only that we would avoid overwhelming the hospitals, which we have done (maybe to a fault).

Please know that I am not attempting to minimize the loss of so many lives in such a short period. Instead, I hope for the very best case scenarios and know that, in any case, humanity will have no choice but to carry on soon.
I totally agree! We must deal with this virus as we have in the past. Lock downs, masks, distancing, etc. are only prolonging it. I think if we had done nothing, we would be where we are today with no more deaths than we have had, I think we should protect the most vulnerable the best we can and then get back to normal! Again not minimizing any death but death is a part of life and occurs every single day. I am 73 years old and ready to get my life back.

I totally agree! We must deal with this virus as we have in the past. Lock downs, masks, distancing, etc. are only prolonging it. I think if we had done nothing, we would be where we are today with no more deaths than we have had, I think we should protect the most vulnerable the best we can and then get back to normal! Again not minimizing any death but death is a part of life and occurs every single day. I am 73 years old and ready to get my life back.

Lets not derail the thread please. We all have opinions on how this is being handled and if we'd like to argue those I'd recommend the community board. Everything being done to keep us safe is in good faith. :flower3:

I’ve had my April 2020 canceled, next few weeks I’ll be canceling my b2b cruises for September 2020, I’ve moved my January 2021 cruise to April 2021 and am nervous about that one, but hopeful. I’ve already have a September 2021 cruise booked, and feel better about that one. I keep moving forward and hoping for the best!

I’ve had my April 2020 canceled, next few weeks I’ll be canceling my b2b cruises for September 2020, I’ve moved my January 2021 cruise to April 2021 and am nervous about that one, but hopeful. I’ve already have a September 2021 cruise booked, and feel better about that one. I keep moving forward and hoping for the best!

We also booked B2B this September with 10 glorious night on the Fantasy - switched to September 2021 but only 7 nights. I'm sad after so much planning (it's our 20th) but I didn't want to PIF and risk losing money because I can't see us wanting to sail in September even if DCL is able to. We also had a June 2020 9-night that was cancelled, had to move that to March 2021, yet another 7-night Western. Not as optimistic about that one.

Not sure who your airline is, but Delta recently loosened up their eVoucher use time period:
We’re now waiving change fees and providing greater flexibility to travel using eCredits through September 30, 2022, for customers who:
  • have upcoming travel already booked for March through September 30, 2020 as of April 17, 2020
  • have existing eCredits or canceled travel from flights in March through September 30, 2020
That’s great! My father booked the airline and last I heard his email stated 2 years, but that was a few weeks ago! Thanks for sharing.

We also booked B2B this September with 10 glorious night on the Fantasy - switched to September 2021 but only 7 nights. I'm sad after so much planning (it's our 20th) but I didn't want to PIF and risk losing money because I can't see us wanting to sail in September even if DCL is able to. We also had a June 2020 9-night that was cancelled, had to move that to March 2021, yet another 7-night Western. Not as optimistic about that one.

curious did we have any of the same dates? September 19, 2020 and September 24, 2020...both 5 nights, 3 visits to castaway Total

we are also booked on September 4, 2021 7 night eastern

we also have an April 24, 2021 western fingers crossed on that one....

We have an eastern Caribbean fantasy cruise booked April 3 - April 10. I’m a bit nervous. I’m not sure I want to PIF if cruises aren’t cruising by our PIF date. So we may do a split stay at Disney instead since we already have BC booked before the cruise. I’m really hoping we can go though. I’m not sure how the cruise industry could last with being closed over a year by that point.

We have an eastern Caribbean fantasy cruise booked April 3 - April 10. I’m a bit nervous. I’m not sure I want to PIF if cruises aren’t cruising by our PIF date. So we may do a split stay at Disney instead since we already have BC booked before the cruise. I’m really hoping we can go though. I’m not sure how the cruise industry could last with being closed over a year by that point.

I too will cancel or move by PIF too For my April cruise.

We are on the cruise before yours, June 11th, we feel confident that the cruise will happen! We are so excited about it the most, cause we've never been on a flight abroad!

We are rebooking our September Europe sailing to a Caribbean January sailing. Not happy about it but we want to keep our OBB as long as possible. I wish DCL had come up with a different policy about the OBB because this seems so silly. I very much doubt the January will be a go but it buys us more time.

we moved from Panama Canal in November to the Trans-Atlantic in May/2021 -- we are hoping for the best between now and then

We are also April 11th out of San Diego. I'm a little nervous it may not go ahead but if it's sailing we'll be on it. I think my only issue would be if face masks are mandatory.
We're in the UK and already have flights booked, if the cruise was cancelled I'd be gutted but it's a surprise for husband and kids so atleast it would just be me.

Totally trying to figure this out here too. We have a Med cruise booked July 2021. I'm not actually worried about the cruise, it's the airfare and before/after. We usually turn European trips into a month long adventure to take advantage of being there (we're from Canada so it's far), but with the uncertainty I can't even really fathom researching/booking anything at this point. Any thoughts?

Totally trying to figure this out here too. We have a Med cruise booked July 2021. I'm not actually worried about the cruise, it's the airfare and before/after. We usually turn European trips into a month long adventure to take advantage of being there (we're from Canada so it's far), but with the uncertainty I can't even really fathom researching/booking anything at this point. Any thoughts?
Where is the cruise out of? I have an excellent hotel in Rome I can recommend. Also a great one in Barcelona.

Just do your research like normal. If it is not 2021 maybe it will be some other time. Yes, things are weird now and lots of tourist attractions have measures, but it will probably improve from how the situation is now. Either because of a medicine or vaccine that is developed between now and your holiday or because we have learned to live with the virus.

curious did we have any of the same dates? September 19, 2020 and September 24, 2020...both 5 nights, 3 visits to castaway Total

we are also booked on September 4, 2021 7 night eastern

we also have an April 24, 2021 western fingers crossed on that one....

We were Sept 24 and Sept 29, 2020. Moved to September 25, 2021.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!