For those that Bought Direct, how long does it take to close?

ChipNdale8887

DIS Veteran
I'm just curious. We signed our docs on 7/28 and are paid in full for our membership. How long after that does it take to close? Do they move up the closing date since we are paid in full? On our docs the closing date was September 5th. Just wondered how fast Disney closes contracts when its Direct and not resale. Our contract status on the DVC website says Pending, will it show a revised closing date on there one it goes further along?

Thanks!

It should close around September 5th but I believe you can book at anytime since you have paid already. If you are looking to book something I would contact your rep and ask for assistance. They should also help with banking of points if applicable.

Yes, closing itself (and the deed being recorded) often takes 60-90 days. However, you have your membership number and points within 24-48 hours at the upmost - I think when I first joined, it took 24 hours as I needed my membership set up. But in my two subsequent add-ons, I had points only a few hours later.

Got my CCV points within a couple days (although ended up backing out of that sale).

If you are new member you might just send a quick email to your guide asking for the instructions to setup your account for access.

Why back out?

The big thing for me was no Gold AP being sold and the ability for Disney to change this benefit or not even offer it in the future. I started thinking that I was spending $30k (an extra $10k or more) on getting direct for a benefit that wasn't even around (different than if its around and a chance it could always be pulled away).

As I started planning trips (already have 400+ points for April '20 UY with bankings/transferred points) I started to add up the costs of buying park tickets. Then started to realize DVC Direct was actually struggling and always a chance prices could come down even more.

I have a trip in March planned at BWV (our home resort) and as long as I buy by then I would still get the 2020 points (banked) plus not have to pay the MFs.

I had even had such regret I thought about selling all of my DVC because I was so turned off (I was super happy the first 6 days after I bought the contract but when park tickets went on sale, no AP, no word of DVC AP, it just hit be like a ton of bricks).

At this point I plan on adding an extra 150ish points at BLT with possibly 100 being direct. Always a chance I end up back at CCV though with a FW (especially if the deal sweetens a ton more).

Ehh good points lol We wanted to buy ours direct over resale for the Gold AP discounts, which I think you can still buy at the park in person, or so we were told for now. Also the ability to stay at all new new dvc resorts in the future.

Yes, closing itself (and the deed being recorded) often takes 60-90 days. However, you have your membership number and points within 24-48 hours at the upmost - I think when I first joined, it took 24 hours as I needed my membership set up. But in my two subsequent add-ons, I had points only a few hours later.

That was the same for us.

We bought direct and signed papers on July 6th. Our closing date is August 12. Today we got notification that Disney had signed the papers. We were able to sign into our account within a few hours of making the initial down payment and our points were there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts