For those who cook on vacation

It's not a vacation for me if I'm touching the dishwasher or the washing machine!:laundy: :sad2:

Last vacation I opened the closet and saw a vacuum cleaner in there-aaarrrgghhh!!!!:headache:

OK, this sounds weird, but I actually LIKE doing laundry at WDW!! Maybe because there are no stairs to climb since it's 10 feet away from me, or maybe because it makes me feel like I'm "living" in WDW because I'm basically doing laundry in my hotel room! Besides, we only do carry-ons (3 or 4 bags for the 4 of us) so laundry is a must. :)

It's not a vacation for me if I'm touching the dishwasher or the washing machine!:laundy: :sad2:

Last vacation I opened the closet and saw a vacuum cleaner in there-aaarrrgghhh!!!!:headache:

You won't use a vacuum or a washer while on vacation, but you COOK??? What kind of a weirdo are you?;) I actually like the washer/dryer, but I would gladly hire a chef for our whole vacation if I could. Cooking is the one thing I absolutely will NOT do. I do cook breakfast, but if I start cooking lunch/dinner, I end up cooking/cleaning/shopping for food for everyone in our villa while they are off having a great time, and I am.....cooking/cleaning/shopping. On my points!!! I just can't stand that...popcorn::

Some of the "quick" options we have done is doing baked potatos in the oven with the timer set so that they are done when we get back to the room. Then we throw together the fixings for a baked potato bar, and everyone puts their own preferences on the potato before zapping it the microwave for a few minutes to melt the cheese.

Diane, I can't remember if the microwaves there have a baked potato button, but I use mine at home all the time, you just need to wrap in foil after zapping to finish cooking for about 10 minutes. Just in case you forget to set the oven.

You won't use a vacuum or a washer while on vacation, but you COOK??? What kind of a weirdo are you?;) I actually like the washer/dryer, but I would gladly hire a chef for our whole vacation if I could. Cooking is the one thing I absolutely will NOT do. I do cook breakfast, but if I start cooking lunch/dinner, I end up cooking/cleaning/shopping for food for everyone in our villa while they are off having a great time, and I am.....cooking/cleaning/shopping. On my points!!! I just can't stand that...popcorn::

Hee hee hee! When my kids were younger I tried "Mommy won't be changing diapers while on vacation", but that, unfortunately, didn't work.

They couldn't change themselves and my husband mysteriously :cool2: had to run down to the front desk for something or other every time that familiar stink started to waft across our nostrils...

I like cooking, I'm kind of a foodie wanna be. My family will stress to you that it's more 'wanna be' than 'foodie':eek:

Hee hee hee! When my kids were younger I tried "Mommy won't be changing diapers while on vacation", but that, unfortunately, didn't work.

They couldn't change themselves and my husband mysteriously :cool2: had to run down to the front desk for something or other every time that familiar stink started to waft across our nostrils...

I like cooking, I'm kind of a foodie wanna be. My family will stress to you that it's more 'wanna be' than 'foodie':eek:

I like to cook too, but I try to take a break on vacation. Our first trip to WDW, was over Thanksgiving just to give me a break. DH decided I don't need to spend days in the kitchen making stuffing,pies, sidedishes and the Big Bird.

Was making pumpkin bread and cranberry chutney for Xmas when I called and made Thanksgiving 07 ressies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter