For those who RECENTLY rented from Alamo @ MCO....

Currently my lest expensive reservation with Alamo is for a truck. What can I expect there?

Lots of trucks! Alamo seems to have a lot of them and even put out trucks in other aisles like midsize car, suv and standard.

Quick pics I took of standard and mid suv aisles

Attachments

• BD195207-79FF-411E-AE3F-39600BD570F0.jpeg
    BD195207-79FF-411E-AE3F-39600BD570F0.jpeg
    135.2 KB · Views: 185
  • C89AA35C-6BC7-45BF-BEBF-A17B24C68BC7.jpeg
    C89AA35C-6BC7-45BF-BEBF-A17B24C68BC7.jpeg
    151.8 KB · Views: 183
Do you know if there were JUST trucks or might there be something else to pick??? (Wishful thinking)

Does the Caravan have a DVD player? Wondering if I should back movies for the kiddies for the drive?

Its possible, but you should assume not. Not sure if you'll need movies; if you're just driving from the airport to Disney, it's only 30-35 minutes...

Hello everyone- WOw am I out of the loop! So we have never rented a car before to go to Disney but are this time (in a week from now). We booked a Fullsize car with the AP discount...great! I now stumble onto this thread and am majorly confused- you can actually see and choose which car you get???? How do you do this? Should I have booked a lower class? Sorry for all the questions but i just thought I get a Ford fusion or similar- not that we may be able to choose something upon arrival!! What are these isles you speak of?? How does this work?? THank you!!!

Last edited:
Hello everyone- WOw am I out of the loop! So we have never rented a car before to go to Disney but are this time (in a week from now). We booked a Fullsize car with the AP discount...great! I now stumble onto this thread and am majorly confused- you can actually see and choose which car you get???? How do you do this? Should I have booked a lower class? Sorry for all the questions but i just thought I get a Ford fusion or similar- not that we may be able to choose something upon arrival!! What are these isles you speak of?? How does this work?? THank you!!!

The way it works goes something like this: You can save some time and trouble by signing up for Alamo Insiders on their website (its free), then see if you can attach it to your reservation. (If doing that jacks up the price of the reservation, don't bother). Outside of that, before you go, there should be a place to do an online checkin on alamo.com. Do that... Then you'll see a 'Skip the counter' procedure. Do that also. When you're done with that, you'll print out a paper with a bar code. Bring that with you. (This page explains it better: https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-rental/checkin.html )

When you arrive at Orlando, go downstairs to the rental car level, but you won't need to stop at the counter in the terminal. Instead, head outside and across the bus lane to the rental car garage. There will probably be someone to greet you and they'll let you know where the Standard/Full size aisle is. You can pick any car in that row, throw your luggage in and you're off. When you get to the exit gate, you'll need to give the paper with the bar code, your driver's license and credit card to the attendant.

Before you go, you also can keep checking to see if the price drops. You didn't need to reserve a full size. Since Standard and Full size are in the same aisle, if Standard at the current rate is less expensive, take it, then cancel your original reservation. If you'd rather change to a different class altogether, you also have that option.

The way it works goes something like this: You can save some time and trouble by signing up for Alamo Insiders on their website (its free), then see if you can attach it to your reservation. (If doing that jacks up the price of the reservation, don't bother). Outside of that, before you go, there should be a place to do an online checkin on alamo.com. Do that... Then you'll see a 'Skip the counter' procedure. Do that also. When you're done with that, you'll print out a paper with a bar code. Bring that with you. (This page explains it better: https://www.alamo.com/en_US/car-rental/checkin.html )

When you arrive at Orlando, go downstairs to the rental car level, but you won't need to stop at the counter in the terminal. Instead, head outside and across the bus lane to the rental car garage. There will probably be someone to greet you and they'll let you know where the Standard/Full size aisle is. You can pick any car in that row, throw your luggage in and you're off. When you get to the exit gate, you'll need to give the paper with the bar code, your driver's license and credit card to the attendant.

Before you go, you also can keep checking to see if the price drops. You didn't need to reserve a full size. Since Standard and Full size are in the same aisle, if Standard at the current rate is less expensive, take it, then cancel your original reservation. If you'd rather change to a different class altogether, you also have that option.

you are amazing! This is perfect and easy to understand! I do have a few other questions- the no show/cancellation policy- what is it? I have no credit card on file, just my email. What happens to those who no show or cancel at the expected time of rental pickup? Also, how are the isles labeled (which car classes are together)? Full/standard, conomy/compact, etc? And lastly, what is the policy if we are late dropping off the car from the expected time? Thank you again for this!!

you are amazing! This is perfect and easy to understand! I do have a few other questions- the no show/cancellation policy- what is it? I have no credit card on file, just my email. What happens to those who no show or cancel at the expected time of rental pickup? Also, how are the isles labeled (which car classes are together)? Full/standard, conomy/compact, etc? And lastly, what is the policy if we are late dropping off the car from the expected time? Thank you again for this!!

Unless you booked a pay in advance rate ("Pay now"), you don't have to worry about no show or cancellation. Its generally not a good idea to do the prepay options, especially since rates often drop fairly close to the travel date. If you booked a non-binding reservation ("Pay later"), technically you don't have to worry about canceling, since you haven't given them your credit card info. Some have been known to have a few active non-binding reservations in different car classes, then go out to the garage and make their selection from different aisles. Personally, I'm not a fan of that since those extra reservations are taking slots that others can use or slightly driving rates up due to increased demand. Nothing happens with the no shows...since the vehicles are not assigned individually, they're just available for someone else to take. If you do have reservations that you're not using, it is best for everyone to cancel them once you know you're not going to use it.

I think most of the car classes have individual aisles in Orlando. The most common combo is standard/full size. I don't think economy and compact are combined, but I could be mistaken about that. Best thing to do is rent the class you want.

There's probably a little leeway in return time, but don't count on it. A lot might have to do with the length of your rental. If its, for example, a 5 day rental, you probably get kicked into a weekly rate. Bringing it back an hour or two late probably won't have an effect. But, if you have a 2 day rental and bringing it back a little late pushes you over the day boundary to say 2 days, 1 hr or 2 days, 2 hour, you're more likely to get dinged for the extra time. Generally, there shouldn't be too much of a reason to bring it back late since you'll want to put your return time as about 2 hours before your flight. I have had a flight delayed a few hours and brought the car back a couple hours late, but I was still well within the "weekly" rental rate, so I didn't get charged extra.

When you arrive you will go to the parking garage and the attendant will show you which aisle of cars to choose from according to the car type you booked. You will pick one of the cars in that aisle. Even if it’s a minivan, you can choose it as long as it’s in the aisle they direct you to. It’s easy and convenient to choose whatever vehicle you want, I suspect you will have lots of options from cars, suvs, minivans and maybe even pick ups to choose from in the full size aisle. You could book a standard size if it is cheaper and you will still be directed to the full size aisle as Alamo at MCO doesn’t specifically have a “standard car aisle.”

I just booked a truck to. But there is 5 of us. Wonder what we will get.

Also booked a truck! Impatiently waiting for March 12 to find out! I’m hoping the pickups share an aisle with large suvs (Tahoe, Yukon).. That’s my preference but for the price, we went with the pick up.

Also booked a truck! Impatiently waiting for March 12 to find out! I’m hoping the pickups share an aisle with large suvs (Tahoe, Yukon).. That’s my preference but for the price, we went with the pick up.
Please keep us posted on what you get!

Hello everyone!! I just wanted to report back! We booked Alamo in a standard car. When we arrived at MCO, we followed everyone directions PERFECTLY and they were perfect!! Thank you! The only thing was, there WAS a standard separate from a fullsize isle! I was very surprised at this because I thought if you book standard that it was combined with full. Other than that, all other info was spot on! We had a super easy time getting into a car, paying, leaving, returning, everything! Will not hesitate to do this again! Thanks again every0one for your help!!

Hello everyone!! I just wanted to report back! We booked Alamo in a standard car. When we arrived at MCO, we followed everyone directions PERFECTLY and they were perfect!! Thank you! The only thing was, there WAS a standard separate from a fullsize isle! I was very surprised at this because I thought if you book standard that it was combined with full. Other than that, all other info was spot on! We had a super easy time getting into a car, paying, leaving, returning, everything! Will not hesitate to do this again! Thanks again every0one for your help!!
What vehicle did you end up getting?

...The only thing was, there WAS a standard separate from a fullsize isle! I was very surprised at this because I thought if you book standard that it was combined with full. ...

That's interesting. Last time I used Alamo at MCO, Std and Fullsize were in the same aisle. I'm renting a midsize this time, but I'll check that out. (Could be different on the two sides, too)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter