For those who will be there Christmas...

Eileen226

<font color=FF66FF>Knows she can't eat computer co
do you plan on wrapping Christmas presents and packing them wrapped in a suitcase (do you think the airlines will go through them?) or are you going to wrap at the hotel? I was thinking of packing the gifts in carryons (alot of them are small) and putting them in gift bags at the hotel. Has anyone ever done any of these? Thanks!

We will not be there December 25th, but our Dec 12-19 trip IS Christmas for us as far as gift giving goes. ( 1 gift per child under the tree Christmas a.m. for nostalgia) The trip itself is the 'big' gift, but I have a ton of other stuff (toys, crafts, t-shirts, etc) purchased for the trip down and back. I am going to wrap each item in tissue paper (cheap! :D) and hand out an item every so often. (You know, like when restlessness sets in! :D) It negates the traditional 'under tree' Christmas, but I think the kids will enjoy it much more. I decided that being at Disney will provide enough excitement day to day.

Enjoy your holiday!!!

My wife and I will be there for christmas and decided to exchange gifts when we get home. It is going to be strange not giving gifts christmas morning but I am sure we will survive! :p

We too are considering the trip to Disney as "THE" gift. I did put a limit on how much to spend on each child (i.e. a $10.00 watch, a book) but should I wrap them or is Continental going to give me trouble?

Our DD's birthday is Dec. 20 and we were there last year from the 19th - 24th, so we didn't do Christmas gifts, but did do birthday gifts. We flew Delta and were not allowed to have anything wrapped (this was only 3 months after 9-11). I'm not sure if it's still the same now. We gave her the gifts at Cinderella's breakfast and I was afraid that the security guards wouldn't let us take them in the park if they were wrapped, so I took gift bags and tissue paper instead. That way they could peek in the bags and see what was there.

I just heard this on the radio, and there is a thread on the CB Board about not wrapping gifts.

Last year I used the decorated zip-lock bags. I just put tissue around it and slipped it in that way it could be easily taken out and checked. I also brought extra's for stuff we bought while there.

We opened gifts before we left last year.

Too much stuff to pack and carry back on the plane.

Especially this year, since most airlines are limiting the number of baggages you can check.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter