• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

For those who wonder if they need PS's

We just spent approx 2 hours with a spread sheet writing in where and when we wanted to eat. We make PS for at least one meal every day so we can sit and relax. My friends think I am nuts!! We plan out which days we will be in which parks and plan food accordingly. I just got off the phone with Disney dining a few hours ago and we got everyplace we wanted just the times neede to be "tweaked". With DS being a special needs child we need ot have a schedule of else we have major meltdowns. I can't imagine trying to go to one of the sit down restaurants and not have a PS. Oh well that is just me. The CM I spoke to said some people make multiple ressies for the same times frame. When they firgure out where they want to go that day they just go there and forget the other ressie. How can they do that? Doesnt the computer pick up on it when they make the ressies.?

What is so difficult about PSs? You don't have to use them if you change your mind(and you should call to cancel). Why would anyone want another line to wait in at WDW?:confused: Our PSs are our anchor for what we're doing at WDW. If something better comes along, we call to cancel:earsboy:

What is so difficult about PSs? You don't have to use them if you change your mind(and you should call to cancel). Why would anyone want another line to wait in at WDW? Our PSs are our anchor for what we're doing at WDW. If something better comes along, we call to cancel
I agree. we learned the hard way. I think it is so much nicer having a basic schedule that includes meals...you can always change your mind...but you can't always get into restaurants you really want to experience if you haven't thought ahead. I don't think I will ver go without at least a few OS's again.

Originally posted by PavelB
I
In the past I have always had the hardest time feeding them at MGM. Is the sci fi worth going to? One of the kids was reading about it and said he wanted to try it but I vaguely remember that the Unofficial Guide said it is not very good?
Any ideas?

PavelB, I've never been to Sci Fi (yet) but wanted to tell you what my good friend geffric would say if she were here (she's in WDW right now, probably feeding her boys at SciFi). It's a must do stop for them every trip...BUT for burgers and shakes only. I think it's the other menu items that fall short.

I myself am a big fan of 50's Prime Time.....fried chicken and smores, don't 'cha know!::yes::

Originally posted by D and Ls Mom
We just spent approx 2 hours with a spread sheet writing in where and when we wanted to eat. We make PS for at least one meal every day so we can sit and relax. My friends think I am nuts!! We plan out which days we will be in which parks and plan food accordingly. I just got off the phone with Disney dining a few hours ago and we got everyplace we wanted just the times neede to be "tweaked". With DS being a special needs child we need ot have a schedule of else we have major meltdowns. I can't imagine trying to go to one of the sit down restaurants and not have a PS. Oh well that is just me. The CM I spoke to said some people make multiple ressies for the same times frame. When they firgure out where they want to go that day they just go there and forget the other ressie. How can they do that? Doesnt the computer pick up on it when they make the ressies.?

They use different names to make the PS's. It isn't tied to a room ressie or anything. And it's not like they check ID or anything like that. They just want the confirmation number if there is a problem. It messes with those of us that PS but helps the walk ups. If more people blew off PS's more walk ups would be able to get in. But that obviously isn't happening.

Okay, since we will be arriving in WDW 2 weeks from today, I will sit down and finalize our PSs. I already have a few, but need to firm up a few more plans.

As far as people making double PSs, I think that sucks! I know they are covering themselves and giving themselves options but I think that is very selfish. I'm WDW is aware of this and that is why most restaurants overbook and know that some people are not going to show. It is unfortunate for everyone else.

Okay, now off the plan some meals:D

Just after I posted yesterday I sat down (outside with the dogs!)
and made a ps for each day of my trip next week. This is the first time in 12 years I have ever done this. We usually just wing it and I have to say there have been times that I have been frustrated. The good thing is that after I made the ressies I sat down and made a plan for the entire trip. I have never done that before either. I think it will work out great! My only problem now is getting the teenagers up early. They used to bop out of bed at 6 am but not anymore!! So, I planned an E-night and some mornings sleeping in. Wish me luck.

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone on DIS. I never knew about this before. Not only have I gotten some great tips,
(I just 2 days ago saved $100/night on the rate at the Royal Pacific!) but also checking in on the DIS each day has made the planning more fun.

I think I will keep the ps at the sci-fi - my boys love burgers and shakes.

This is so true!!!! I felt so bad for some families last August. It was sweltering, their kids were crying and they were being flat out told no walk ins for the day. One frustrated father screamed , "Can't we eat anywhere." I thought absolutely anywhere...with a PS. I still felt bad, but I too have been made fun of for being too organized.......of course until they take their own trip......then all of a sudden it's a good idea to make those PS. COst is zero.......plusses infinite when children are hot and hungry!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter