For WDW frequent visitors - February or June?

Suprize2017

Mouseketeer
We have gone to WDW twice over the last three years, and both times were the last week of February, first few days of March. This meant missing school, which is becoming a bigger deal the older our kids get. Even though they’re all really good students, it’s harder for them to recover from those lost days of instruction. However, I also don’t want to spend the thousands of dollars to be miserably hot, dealing with huge crowds.

I have read many times that there really isn’t a “slow” time at Disney anymore. But I know there is crowded and CROWDED. If we went in February again, it would be the last week and first few days of March. We totally miss Presidents weekend, instead arriving that following Monday (so, also missing Princess race weekend). If we came in June, it would be the first two weeks. Is there a big difference in crowd levels, in your opinion? Also, in general, is the weather difference real significant?

The Feb dates you mentioned are the exact days we went (left Feb 24th got back on March 3) and although I have never been to Disney before this past trip so I have nothing to compare it to in terms of crowds, we found the park full and definitely busy but not out of control. We did probably 6-7 fast passes every day we were there and didn't wait in line longer than 20 minutes (and always for the Characters!) The weather was absolutely perfect, not insanely hot and we had zero rain. I can't imagine doing Disney when it's insanely hot (I'm a cold blooded Canadian though, lol). But to us the last week in February was the perfect time to go!

We've been to WDW in June probably 8 or 9 times over the past 15 years, including the last 3 straight and will again in 2018. We LOVE that time of year.

No, WDW doesn't have a "slow" time anymore...I think some of that talk is just folklore. However, in relative terms, June is a breeze. That's when we have the easiest time getting FP+ and getting on a ridiculous number of rides. We'll easily get 8-10 FP+ within a 6 hour time frame...including time to stop and eat lunch. There will always be crowds at WDW, don't fool yourself into thinking there won't be. But June isn't bad whatsoever.

Is there a big difference in weather between February (we've been in Feb) and June? Without a doubt. June is typically much hotter, more humid and it storms more often. But frankly, we like it better that way. Cold WDW is miserable, IMO. Remember, the majority of rides are in a/c and many queues are too, so you don't need to stand out in the baking sun for hours. Just use a little common sense. Do rides that don't have a/c, such as Tomorrowland Speedway, in the morning or evening. Save the fully indoor things, such as Laugh Floor or Philharmagic for mid-day when it's hottest outside. Get the free ice water that QS places offer. Ride Splash Mountain mid-day and cool off. Rain can be a hit or miss thing. It very rarely will rain all day. Usually it'll be sunny, then a storm rolls through and it's gone. Sometimes you'll get none at all, we went 11 or 12 straight days last year without a storm (only overnight), or you'll get 4 days in a row with them. Hard to say, but you probably won't have a full washout day. It could also be raining in MK and bright sunshine in AK...no joke. June is a great time to do waterparks too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!