"For whom the Roads Toll" FL Turnpike

...Got there in plenty of time but I couldn't relax until I was parked.

Always a good mantra to live by regardless of "Late check-ins prohibited" or not.

No, can't imagine there's a convenient Walmart parking lot in KW😆

Nor an inconvenient one, either. 🤪

Dadgummit! It just dawned on me; the title you chose for this thread is a nod to Mr Key West himself and his book, For Whom the Bell Tolls. Please tell me you're an English Lit major, (not my strength in school, obviously), or that your maiden name is Hemingway. 🧐 Goodness, I'm embarrassed it took this long to realize what you did. Forgive me...Duh!
Very clever!

Always a good mantra to live by regardless of "Late check-ins prohibited" or not.

Nor an inconvenient one, either. 🤪

Dadgummit! It just dawned on me; the title you chose for this thread is a nod to Mr Key West himself and his book, For Whom the Bell Tolls. Please tell me you're an English Lit major, (not my strength in school, obviously), or that your maiden name is Hemingway. 🧐 Goodness, I'm embarrassed it took this long to realize what you did. Forgive me...Duh!
Very clever!

LOL. I wondered if anyone would notice.

No I wasn't a Lit major, but I've had a lifelong love of reading going all the way back to my days of "Fun with Dick and Jane" (which sort of gives my age away). And not a Hemingway either, if I was I'd stake a claim on his house in KW. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person.

I've done the Keys south from WDW a couple times (stayed at the Fort both coming and going).

No I95 south of Orlando to save tolls - not worth it IMO. In Broward and Dade Counties I95 is closer to the coast and more cars on the road. Stay as far west as you can (which means take the Turnpike south of Orlando IMO). You'll have to buy a SunPass for the Turnpike once you enter Florida (no human tolls booths on the TP in Broward and Dade). It's either SunPass or Toll-by-Plate (photo your license plate as you drive through - more expensive than SP - but you can calc the diff).

I posted about our stop at the Fort in this thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/just-back-a-short-visit-to-the-fort.2682601/

But then shared more in the thread below.

Been down to Boyds's Campground on Stock Island (the island just north of Key West):

Boyd's in 2011

And then in January 2018 I camped at John Pennekamp SP in the first island in the Keys, Key Largo, with DD. Here was a post in the January 2018 Trip Thread:

Page 3 Jan 2018 Trip report

Well that kept me entertained for a while. I enjoyed reading up on your old trips. When I lived in GA I thought we would get down to the Keys one day and we never made it. Now I'll have to get there from KS soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!