Forced to Homeschool my 3 kids

Donzie

Mouseketeer
I just received an email this evening from our children's Superintendent of Schools here in Boone Cty, KY where I have 3 kids in elementary school.

It states in part....

March 11, 2020
Boone County Schools
Implementing Emergency Preparedness Plan Students to start Non-Traditional Instructional Days

Dear Parents and Guardians, Due to the state of emergency, as called by Governor Andy Beshear, Boone County Schools will be implementing NTI (Non-Traditional Instruction) in accordance with KRS 158.070 (9). Starting Monday March 16th up to Monday April 20th instruction will be delivered for all students during the day while at home. However, if the State of Emergency is lifted before April 20th we may resume classes.

I thought (and still think) everything was being overblown, but now the State and school district played the trump card.

How long until Disney and all recreational activities are forced to shut down?

On the upside, I always homeschool, and it’s truly wonderful. Precious time with my kids.
Good for you, I admire you and am glad you can do that.
I love my kids and we never mind spending more time with them, but we have to work outside the home to support everyone. Retired Grammy just got a full time job again, lol.

Last edited:
Good for you, I admire you and and glad you can do that.
I love my kids and we never mind spending more time with them, but we have to work outside the home to support everyone. Retired Grammy just got a full time job again, lol.
Lucky Grammy! Good luck during these difficult times. Stay safe.

I especially feel for the single, working parents with no Grammy to help :(
Yes our district closed but isn’t requiring online or remote learning for this exact reason. They will have optional online opportunities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter