Forever Could Even Start Today, Wedding & Disneymoon Sept 17 update 10/1: Last Day, Budget recap

amalone1013

DIS Veteran
Hello and welcome to my most magical of Trip Reports!

5e9OgFM.jpg

Actually my second one, and hopefully the first I finish… I’m determined this time though, and I also just got crazy busy last time. I hope to go back to that report after this. I’ve sorted through all 2500+ pictures, and we’re ready to roll!

So come along if you’re ready for: Fun times! A wedding! Crazy family! Frustrating siblings! The first Dismeet! Cruising! Food and Wine booths! A private party at Illuminations! Cheesy chapter titles! The fun never stops!

khSqJMx.jpg

Wedding Day!

Getting Ready
First Look

Part One
Part Two

Photos around the Dolphin
and Boardwalk
Paradise Cove

Part One
Part Two

In Our Secretest Heart, It's Our Favorite Part of the Story
Part One
Part Two

A Few More Photos...
Lunch Reception
House of Blues Photos

Part One
Part Two

Epcot
Dessert Party

Part One
Part Two

Part Three
Wrap Up
Wedding Budget
Final Thoughts
Part One - Vendor Reviews

Part Two

Part Three

Honeymoon:
Epcot Day

Part One: We Broke Everybody
Part Two
Animal Kingdom
Part One: Is that a Carrot?
Part Two: What were we doing again?
Part Three: Rivers of Light
Hollywood Studios
Part One: Nobody Puts A in a Corner… except Cousin Katie!
Part Two: The Legend of the Blue Margaritas...

Animal Kingdom
Part One: The Day of the Photopass

Part Two: Yak n Yeti and Disney Springs
Hollywood Studios/Epcot/BLT
Part One: Dropping in on DHS... Again and again and again...
Part Two: Food and Wine Snacks and a Trip to the Contemporary!

Dine with an Imagineer and Epcot
aka, this update fits in one post?
Photos and Words
Part One: Magic Kingdom
Part Two: Epcot

Magic Kingdom Again!
Part One: MK ALL DAY
Part Two: Be Our Guest!
Part Three: Happily Ever After
Last Day at Epcot
Part One: I'm running out of titles...
Part Two: I'm running out of titles...

Food Budget Recap

Coming Soon:

Disney Dream
Nassau
Castaway Cay
Kennedy Space Center
and much more!

Last edited:
In case you haven’t seen me around…

Hello! I’m Alyssa! Obsessive planner, Disney lover, spoiler of animals.

R6WXl9ll.jpg

My partner in crime on this trip is my new husband, Zack!

KMoM5fgl.jpg

Oh wait, did you want to see his face? How about this one:

yfbXgHhl.jpg

Zack’s family visited Disneyland a few times while he was young, but my first trip was when we went together in Feb 2015 (also when he became DF!) My wedding PJ has the proposal story here. Since then we went back to California last summer, and will be back out there in April. This was our second trip to Disney World, after a short trip last January to scope out some locations. So Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios were completely new parks to us on this trip.

We also picked up APs back in January because it made more sense, and are planning to go again in January before they expire. I like to spend time figuring out how to add an extra day or two onto our trips, and I added 3 to this one! I'm a spreadsheet junkie so I did most of the planning and deal hunting. Don't worry, Zack gets his opinions in there too!

Last edited:
Hi! I was drawn into your TR from your title! I love a great love story!

Actually my second one, and hopefully the first I finish… I’m determined this time though, and I also just got crazy busy last time. I hope to go back to that report after this. I’ve sorted through all 2500+ pictures, and we’re ready to roll!

So come along if you’re ready for: Fun times! A wedding! Crazy family! Frustrating siblings! The first Dismeet! Cruising! Food and Wine booths! A private party at Illuminations! Cheesy chapter titles! The fun never stops!

I, too, have a TR that I never finished. So, I can understand. I am looking forward to reading all about the wedding, and crazy family. Sounds like it was a fantastic trip!

Hi! I was drawn into your TR from your title! I love a great love story!

I, too, have a TR that I never finished. So, I can understand. I am looking forward to reading all about the wedding, and crazy family. Sounds like it was a fantastic trip!
Hello! Hopefully I can get my pictures added back into that post, it's giving me trouble. I'm glad you're here!

I am here for the ride! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Yay! I've been looking forward to this TR! :lovestruc
Aw, thanks! I'm off to fill my coffee so I can start yours!
Yay you started your TR! :cheer2: Can’t wait to follow along!
Woohoo! I should have added up there, featuring an appearance by Raeven! :goodvibes
Hi Alyssa :wave: Glad I made the first page and I cannot wait to hear about the wedding! Congratulations!
Thank you! I'm excited to share with everyone!

Count me in, too!
Welcome! Thanks for coming along!

Hello my swagging friend! I am in!
Hello! You can see the fruits of my swagging labor here, haha! :rotfl:

I am here for the ride! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Yay! I started your TR too, love it so far!

Popping over from your other report (which I found late so never commented on ) can’t wait to hear about the wedding and all the other less important stuff

I'm here!!!!!! Can't wait to hear all about it
Yay! Hopefully I indulged in a decent number of adult beverages for you, though I could never live up to my idol :worship:

Popping over from your other report (which I found late so never commented on ) can’t wait to hear about the wedding and all the other less important stuff
:welcome:
Hope you enjoy! I know all about finding reports late and never commenting... :rolleyes2

A Conundrum
Hey guys! So I've realized that I've run into a bit of a conundrum for this report. I have four days of park time before the wedding day that I write about, though I don't have a ton of pictures because I slacked off a bit on those days. Then we have the wedding day... which I actually don't have many pictures from. Our guests actually put away their phones for the most part, which is great, but the professional pictures aren't due back until the end of November or early December. I don't know if I can stretch the four days out for a month plus! :rotfl:

Sooooo the way I see it, I have a couple options... I can slooooowly update. I can just wait a couple weeks and come back to this. Or I can throw in some PTR plans for our January trip, and our increasingly likely December weekend. Any votes for which way I go?

In the meantime, here's a peek at what went on behind the scenes before we left!

Three Hour Updates

I took the week before we left off of work to run last minute errands and get things done. I ended up having to work 12 hour days the few months before the trip, on top of working two weekends on and one off. The weekends were expected, but 12 hour days every working day for 19 days straight was not, and I had a lot of little projects and ideas that got put on hold. I did finish a few of them up, but most didn’t happen. And you know what? It just didn’t matter that much. Looking back now, I’d say the only thing I’m disappointed in not getting done is making some matching shirts. Next time!

I left everything a mess though. I may or may not have been trying to pack my wedding dress into a bag when we were supposed to be leaving for the airport…

tenor.gif

Zack told his parents that they shouldn’t be alarmed if they peeked in the room after we left because Hurricane Alyssa had hit up there.

I still did a lot that week though. I pounded out my bouquets made from paper flowers… finally had all of Zack’s outfit ready to go… I started looking for a garment bag to fly the dress in and luckily family had one we could borrow… tried my dress on once more with my jewelry and headband… We got everything packed up. Even with our wedding things, we managed to get everything into 3 carry-on size suitcases, 1 garment bag, and 2 backpacks. Plus I packed my Vera duffel so we'd have room to bring souvenirs back.

Wqxue9xl.jpg

I finally got to see my jewelry with my dress after picking it up.

aKnZN0vl.jpg

I worked on the flowers. There was much wine.

VJoo4eYl.jpg

Every morning I left the house before my last day at work, I woke up to this. It was like he knew we were leaving.

I made a trip back home over Labor Day weekend to visit friends and my grandpa before the wedding. We got a four day weekend at work, and I could have stayed and done more projects, but the relaxing time was good. Plus I wanted to make sure my grandpa was all set - and we were worried because he was supposed to go through Houston on his flight, and this was just after Harvey!
UcfmP1Xl.jpg

I stopped at my very favorite fast food place twice. They have the best ranch.

DBXEmNPl.jpg

Had some sangria with a friend...

8UJDmGol.jpg

And decided I needed this napkin made into a sign for my future kitchen.

CZI9Uogl.jpg

Had a delicious brunch with my cousin and his wife. I don't know if it's because we don't typically go to brunch buffets out here, or if I was jaded from looking at Disney menu prices, but this seemed way to reasonably priced at $14 or so a person. They also had $3 mimosas and bellinis :thumbsup2

NKRGgJTl.jpg

I almost bought a new swimsuit for the trip, but settled on a (different) new top to go with the bottoms I already had...

7xKCtZll.jpg

And met my friend's new kitten.

Back home again...

Fi4JTtPl.jpg

Our other cat got a haircut, because she's too chunky to clean herself properly and now gets mats on her back. But we can't limit her food to put her on a diet because she and the other cat are outside and we also feed a few strays.

eHINTAsl.jpg

More flowers...

And while all this was going on, we all know Hurricane Irma decided to come through. So Zack thought he was most helpful by tracking the storm. I finally had to tell him, I don't want to know, and if you say that you're waiting for the next 3 hour update that is due in 15 minutes again, and hoping they put it up early, I will stuff YOU into a suitcase.

:rotfl:

Eventually it was time to go. And I felt a bit of relief as we left the house, because at that point what was done was done, and I didn’t have to stress over finishing any more projects.

Next up... is up to you! :rotfl: It's like a choose your own adventure book!

Don't think I had let you know I was following along! It's too bad we couldn't have had an epic 4-person Dismeet with Raeven and Michelle!
Sooooo the way I see it, I have a couple options... I can slooooowly update. I can just wait a couple weeks and come back to this. Or I can throw in some PTR plans for our January trip, and our increasingly likely December weekend. Any votes for which way I go?
I would do a combo of slowly update and add PTR plans!

Hmmm...tough call. If I were you I'd probably go for the slow-update deal. It gives you lots of time in between to keep your life in order, and we still get to keep up with the TR!

I love the details on your dress! The picture with the jewelry (which is sweet!) is the first one that shows the detailing! Also your flowers are so unique and pretty!

Sooooo the way I see it, I have a couple options... I can slooooowly update. I can just wait a couple weeks and come back to this.

I'd just slowly update. I've been doing my more recent report with only like 1 update a week, and I'm just wrapping up 3 days over a month later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!