Forgot magic bands at home...

rapunzels

DIS Veteran
What are our options?? Using the card all week or can we get magic bands at the hotel??? Is there some sort of clip band you can get now???

You should be able to get grey ones at desk. That’s what we were told here. However, my friend found it in her luggage, so we never tried to get her one.

Right - I think the front desk can provide you with the grey ones, but not 100% on that. Best thing to do is ask. Alternative would be to buy the bands at the park and you can immediately link them to the DME or get the front desk to do it for you. Those are the only options I can think of.

Since this is a DVC forum, I presume you are staying at a DVC resort. Almost all the DVC resorts have COLORED replacement Magic Bands available at the front desk. Just go ask for some. At other hotels they usually only have grey.

You can also buy a colored one for about $15 at any ticket window at the park entrances and at the Transportation Center.

You can also go into the gift shops at ALL the hotels and resorts, and some gift shops in the parks, and buy 'special collectors' Magic Bands. These usually cost about $25 each.

If you go to the Front Desk they will connect the Magic Band with your account. If you buy one, just go to your My Disney Experience App on your phone or computer, disneyworld.disney.go.com, and go to your account and read the numbers on the back of the magic band and connect them to your account to activate them.

Last edited:
Do not concern yourself about it. Go to the front desk and tell them you forgot your MB. They'll give you one and connect it to your account for you. On our last trip I left my carry on at home which had our MBs and, unfortunately, my meds. Mentioned it at the Poly when we checked in and they set us up with new bands (our choice of colors) and helped with the meds too.

The Grey Band of Shame is no longer your only choice when it comes to getting a replacement band at the resort.

Steve

You should be able to get grey ones at desk. That’s what we were told here. However, my friend found it in her luggage, so we never tried to get her one.

The resort have had all the colors for quite some time now. :thumbsup2 They may be out of a color now and then but there should be something other than poor old grey (actually I like the grey!)

So yes OP- you can get a MB replacement at the resort. The clip on that you mention are a for purchase item. I believe them include the screw driver tool necessary to remove the puck from the MB and place it into the holder.

Since this is a DVC forum, I presume you are staying at a DVC resort. Almost all the DVC resorts have COLORED replacement Magic Bands available at the front desk. Just go ask for some. At other hotels they usually only have grey.

You can also buy a colored one for about $15 at any ticket window at the park entrances and at the Transportation Center.

You can also go into the gift shops at ALL the hotels and resorts, and some gift shops in the parks, and buy 'special collectors' Magic Bands. These usually cost about $25 each.

If you go to the Front Desk they will connect the Magic Band with your account. If you buy one, just go to your My Disney Experience App on your phone or computer, disneyworld.disney.go.com, and go to your account and read the numbers on the back of the magic band and connect them to your account to activate them.
Good to know about the colored bands. We are staying at OKW, so I will ask. I don’t think we have ever forgot them before.

The resort have had all the colors for quite some time now. :thumbsup2 They may be out of a color now and then but there should be something other than poor old grey (actually I like the grey!)

So yes OP- you can get a MB replacement at the resort. The clip on that you mention are a for purchase item. I believe them include the screw driver tool necessary to remove the puck from the MB and place it into the holder.
Thanks. We never have forgotten them before!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!