Fort Meet-and-Greets

TheRustyScupper

Everyone Is Responsible For Everyone.
1) When staying at The Fort, try to link-up with fellow DIS'ers.
. . . they are some of the nicest non-Big-Ten-conference people you want to know
. . . they hold a wealth of information
. . . it is nice to get to know your fellow traveler
. . . you will have friends for years to come at future Fort stays
2) We just had another greet Meet-and-Greet with friends.
. . . like the original Disney TV show intro, we told tales of tall and true
. . . we also had great food to match the conversation
. . . many thanks to tiggerdad and family ("S", "E", and "M") for hosting the event
. . . and nice to see bama-ed and wife ("L") again
. . . on this visit, they also got to meet the elusive MrsRustyScupper ("BeatlesLover")
3) It is easy to post your travel dates and see who might stop by your campsite - besides squirrels and other assorted wildlife, that is.

NOTE1: It was particularly great to see "E" and "M", again. They are both remarkably well mannered for their young age. When I was recovering from my MAJOR auto crash last year, they sent me a hand-drawn Get-Well Card . . . a doubled-sided letter in crayon, I have to this day. When in a full-time back brace, living off pain-pills, and wheel-chair confined, sometimes the smallest thing can really lift one's spirit.

NOTE2: Some said they had not seen what happens when a tourist turns left against a traffic light and into my path at highway speed. At the Easterly edge of WDW property, in a micro-second, this is the result. This used to be my Yukon "Tank".

yukon-after-crash2.jpg

Amen to that RS. I suspect most of us take trips with family and friends. We do plenty on our own but when we go with our friends we laugh more and enjoy ourselves more. Meeting other people that share our interests and sharing the experiences is win win in my book. I know that I personally am looking forward to meeting the Mommy and Daddy of THE ROCK STARS but I suspect more than a few tears will flow the day that happens

Pleasure was all mine Scupper. Glad to see you again and finally meet the Mrs. The girls enjoyed it as they always do. The carrot cakes are long gone.

Ed, good to have you and Mrs as well. It was pretty good listening to different tales and talking past experiences and Disney history.

Rusty was in rare form and we met the power behind the throne in Mrs. Scupper.

It was time well spent and much enjoyed.

Tiggerdad, thanks for being the host with the most.

Bama Ed

TRS,

Thanks for posting. I too, enjoy meeting new DIS friends. Had the pleasure to meet b&b schil last month and I’ll be back in September to hopefully meet many more.

j

We have met up with a number of Dis members, and it was great. Looking forward to our GSP trip where we will get to meet some more.
Then have to work on scheduling a trip to the Fort to meet some more.

Glad to hear you are up and about again Rusty.

1) Thank you.
2) After one-year since the crash, I still have "Good Days" and "Bad Days".
3) Meets like this, however, make even "Bad Days" into "Good Days".
4) Wherever the wife an I go, we take my scooter.
. . . the ECV scooter automatically folds up to the size of an airplane carry-on suitcase, with the push of a button on the key-fob.
. . . in restaurants, it folds so small, it fits under the table
. . . it even fits into a sub-compact car trunk with ease (no trailer hitch or platform hooked onto the back of a minivan or SUV)

Well, this was a good trip in terms of meeting up with fellow Disers.

I got to meet up with @Disney Fran , @bama_ed , and @TheRustyScupper . As TRS said, never miss an opportunity to meet up if you can, even if just for a minute or two. You also might not know just where that may happen.

For Instance:

Today I pulled out of the Fort early this morning thinking I had met everyone that I could for this trip. Now, apparently its spring break for MS, and TX so the traffic back was pretty heavy when I was getting in the area of the Baldwin Beach Express and Hwy 59 to Gulf Shores and Orange Beach (Where our usual May Dismeet takes place). The traffic wasn't the only problem, at 11:30 this morning on the bay bridge of I10 in Mobile, AL the fog was so thick you couldn't see past 5-6 cars in front and so in conjunction with the tunnel the traffic was backed up and creeping along. All of a sudden, I hear this horn blasting to my left and the first thing I think is "Oh Lord, what fell off?"

When I look, but who do I see?

@SouthAlabama5er and the Ms who were stuck in the same traffic holdup returning from a Florida trip of their own. What are the chances? We couldn't of planned it any better.

We had a short Dismeet there in the middle of the I10 traffic jam. We discussed the weather, traffic, new trucks. It was really cool. Alas, we had to part ways as we slowly came up on the Exit 27 which is where I get off to avoid the tunnel and take the bypass around Mobile.

So, Fran, Ed, Joe, and Randy it was really good meeting up with you this go around and looking forward to our next adventure.

How fortuitous that you met up with S.Alabama5er and on on I 10 no less. Are you sure he wasn't stalking you?

Mike, I think SnowMan must be stalking the Bandit's cellphone via GPS tracking. Or something.

So tell us, tiggerdad, was SouthAlabama5er in that beautiful Chevy truck he just posted a picture of on the Truck/Towing thread? Yeah, I read he kicked that ol' Ford he had to the curb. :drive:

Yep, meet & greets are cool. I am looking forward to Gulf State Park in May.

Bama Ed

PS - guess you're home, tiggerdad. Glad you made it.

1) MrsRustyScupper (aka: "BeatlesLover") got a call from Michaels today.
2) Her special UV-protected picture frame glass has arrived.
3) She needs sun-protection for her authenticated and guaranteed Paul McCartney autograph.
4) The store manager told her to leave the autograph and he would frame it.
5) She declared, "NO WAY !".
6) This is an autograph one does not let out of one's sight.
7) It was a Christmas present for 2017, and she could pay cash for a new car for the cost of the autograph!
8) So, Monday 3-19-18, she will go to Michaels and wait for the framing to be done in front of her.
9) As tigggerdad and bama-ed witnessed, she goes NOWHERE without wearing a Beatles or McCartney shirt and wristwatch. *

* NOTE:
Yes, sometimes this is embarrassing, but after 34-years of marriage, I have become accustomed to remarks or comments AND COSTS.
When McCartney tours the USA, she MUST see a performance, even if it means flying to another city.
Fortunately, she hasn't requested seeing him in another country or continent.
At least not yet.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!