Fort Wilderness and Magical Express Questions!

aggiegirl1234

Mouseketeer
Hello Disney World experts! I’m about two and a half months away from my Disney World bachelorette trip and we’re all super excited :banana: I’ve got some questions I hope y’all can answer. So we’re staying at the Fort Wilderness Cabins. I’ve heard it’s quite a walk between the cabins and the external buses and boat launches. Just how far are we talking?

I’ve been thinking about renting a golf cart from Disney. The problem is, the earliest one of us will be arriving the first night is probably around 8 to 9pm. I read that pickup is at 3pm. Would we even be able to get a golf cart that night?

Is there anywhere to park our golf cart right near the external bus stop? How about the boat launch?

How far is the walk from the place we turn back in the golf cart when we’re finished with it to the boat launch?

Do they charge for the golf cart by day or 24 hour period from the time you pick up until you drop off?

What time is Chip n Dale’s campfire Sing A Long in mid-November and what is the duration? If we got there around 8:30, would the campfires still be burning and could we still purchase s’more kits?

I’m on a flight that lands at MCO a little after 9pm and another friend gets in around 9:30. Can we still do Magical Express...luggage transfers and buses included even though we are coming in at different times and from different places?

Thanks so much in advance for y’alls help!

Hey! How exciting I would love a Disney World Bachelorette party!

I have stayed in the cabins in November 2017 and thought I could help a little - things might have changed since I was last there so please bare with me!
Q/A
I’ve heard it’s quite a walk between the cabins and the external buses and boat launches. Just how far are we talking?
It really depends where your cabin is situated but you could be looking at a 15-20 minute walk to the External bus stops and a 20-25 minute walk to the boat launch. This also depends on how fast you can walk etc but gives you a rough idea. There are internal busses within the Campgrounds and Cabins that take you to these destinations they are color coded and you will be given a map to help identify what route best suits your stay, however they do take a long time once they get round the spots so you probably are quicker walking or with yes as you thought - a golf cart! You can also rent Bikes, The easiest option is the Bike Barn’s bike rental. Single bikes are $9/hour and includes complimentary helmets. The only downside to bike rental from the Bike Barn is that all bikes must be back by 5pm. Fort Wilderness does not allow bikes without lights on the paths and roads after dark fyi.

I’ve been thinking about renting a golf cart from Disney. The problem is, the earliest one of us will be arriving the first night is probably around 8 to 9pm. I read that pickup is at 3pm. Would we even be able to get a golf cart that night?
Most campers at Fort Wilderness either bring their own cart or rent one, so you will see tons of carts all around the complex and there is plenty of golf cart parking! Disney golf cart rental at Fort Wilderness was $65 last time i checked. Drivers must be 16 years of age and have a valid driver’s license. Advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made up to one year prior. The carts are available for pickup at 1pm and must be returned by 11am on the return date, so does not really fit in with your schedule. Since you get in late the first night maybe look into renting the day after and walking / bussing the first night / morning.

Is there anywhere to park our golf cart right near the external bus stop? How about the boat launch?
All campsites and cabins provide charging stations and parking for golf carts. Parking for golf carts is available at both these locations and you will see the spaces clearly filled with lots of golf carts. If you are unsure on parking however speak to a Cast Member who will be happy to provide help and information.

How far is the walk from the place we turn back in the golf cart when we’re finished with it to the boat launch?
This basically the front of the resort to the back so about a 30 minute walk. Golf cart rental is from the front of the park in the reception area and the boat launch is at the back towards Bay Lake / Settlement Dock.

Do they charge for the golf cart by day or 24 hour period from the time you pick up until you drop off?
As far as I believe they are charged by day at around $65 per day.

What time is Chip n Dale’s campfire Sing A Long in mid-November and what is the duration? If we got there around 8:30, would the campfires still be burning and could we still purchase s’more kits?
Chip n Dale’s campfire Sing A Long I think is at 8.00pm and lasts around 40 minutes. Maybe try and get there a little earlier than 8:30! The fires should still be burning and propably still buy the smores kits from the food truck however, you can take your own if you like and save a little bit of money!

I’m on a flight that lands at MCO a little after 9pm and another friend gets in around 9:30. Can we still do Magical Express...luggage transfers and buses included even though we are coming in at different times and from different places?
I might have to seek different advice for this but heres what I would do and have done from previous. Do not tag your luggage for collection from Disney Magical Express and collect your own luggage from the belt when your flight gets in. Wait for your friends flight coming in and get her to do the same. Arrange a meeting place and walk with your luggage to the Magical Express Counter wearing the Magic Bands they sent prior a cast member will scan these and confirm your WDW Reservation or you can show them any booking references if you have arranged Magic Band pick up at Fort Wilderness and they will load you onto the correct bus as a party with your luggage going in the hold underneath as you get on.

Hope this helps! If you are unsure on anything else please feel free to ask! I have answered to the best of my ability but if in doubt your Cast Members will be able to help.

Enjoy your trip! :)

Hey! How exciting I would love a Disney World Bachelorette party!

I have stayed in the cabins in November 2017 and thought I could help a little - things might have changed since I was last there so please bare with me!
Q/A
I’ve heard it’s quite a walk between the cabins and the external buses and boat launches. Just how far are we talking?
It really depends where your cabin is situated but you could be looking at a 15-20 minute walk to the External bus stops and a 20-25 minute walk to the boat launch. This also depends on how fast you can walk etc but gives you a rough idea. There are internal busses within the Campgrounds and Cabins that take you to these destinations they are color coded and you will be given a map to help identify what route best suits your stay, however they do take a long time once they get round the spots so you probably are quicker walking or with yes as you thought - a golf cart! You can also rent Bikes, The easiest option is the Bike Barn’s bike rental. Single bikes are $9/hour and includes complimentary helmets. The only downside to bike rental from the Bike Barn is that all bikes must be back by 5pm. Fort Wilderness does not allow bikes without lights on the paths and roads after dark fyi.

Most campers at Fort Wilderness either bring their own cart or rent one, so you will see tons of carts all around the complex and there is plenty of golf cart parking! Disney golf cart rental at Fort Wilderness was $65 last time i checked. Drivers must be 16 years of age and have a valid driver’s license. Advance reservations are highly recommended and can be made up to one year prior. The carts are available for pickup at 1pm and must be returned by 11am on the return date, so does not really fit in with your schedule. Since you get in late the first night maybe look into renting the day after and walking / bussing the first night / morning.

All campsites and cabins provide charging stations and parking for golf carts. Parking for golf carts is available at both these locations and you will see the spaces clearly filled with lots of golf carts. If you are unsure on parking however speak to a Cast Member who will be happy to provide help and information.

This basically the front of the resort to the back so about a 30 minute walk. Golf cart rental is from the front of the park in the reception area and the boat launch is at the back towards Bay Lake / Settlement Dock.

As far as I believe they are charged by day at around $65 per day.

Chip n Dale’s campfire Sing A Long I think is at 8.00pm and lasts around 40 minutes. Maybe try and get there a little earlier than 8:30! The fires should still be burning and propably still buy the smores kits from the food truck however, you can take your own if you like and save a little bit of money!

I might have to seek different advice for this but heres what I would do and have done from previous. Do not tag your luggage for collection from Disney Magical Express and collect your own luggage from the belt when your flight gets in. Wait for your friends flight coming in and get her to do the same. Arrange a meeting place and walk with your luggage to the Magical Express Counter wearing the Magic Bands they sent prior a cast member will scan these and confirm your WDW Reservation or you can show them any booking references if you have arranged Magic Band pick up at Fort Wilderness and they will load you onto the correct bus as a party with your luggage going in the hold underneath as you get on.

Hope this helps! If you are unsure on anything else please feel free to ask! I have answered to the best of my ability but if in doubt your Cast Members will be able to help.

Enjoy your trip! :)

Lily Lindsay, thank you so much for answering all of my questions! So helpful and you’ve definitely helped me make some decisions for my upcoming trip! Really appreciate it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!