Fort Wilderness better be worth 100K

ChiefM

DIS Veteran
I have been checking out this thread for a while now. My family went to Disney back in September of last year. 9 days in the area and 6 at Disney. We stayed 3 days on I-drive and my first planning mistake was not having a down day or two while we were visiting the parks. The wife and daughter were hot and tired and said we will not go back for years. I work on CAT equipment so I am outside all the time and the heat does not bother me. I grew up not far from Disney and it was a lot hotter than even I remember it being in September. We stayed at the All Star Sports and it was good. We stopped in Daytona Beach for the night on the way home. The motel my wife reserved was the worst ever.

So to keep from getting bad hotel rooms again we bought a 40ft American Tradition in January. Since then I have been showing them pictures of Ft Wilderness, saying my son wants to go back to Disney World. My wife is spoiled, the greatest wife ever so it's worth it. She never liked the Toyota 4runner we bought 2 years ago and decided we needed a car. We have 6 vehicles but none are a car. All are trucks or SUV's. So we went started looking for a new car. She picked it out and off to the dealership we went.

I said the deal was if I buy you this car then we are going back to Disney next year and she agreed. I signed the papers and off she drove in her new car. I have been stalking the camping thread for a while and it looks so relaxing and I won't make the same planning mistake I did last year.

So Ft Wilderness better be worth all the hype and the 100 grand I spent on the wifes new car.

Attachments

• car resized.jpg
    car resized.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 72
Hopefully I can get 2 trips in to Orlando next year. Hope they offer the free Seaworld tickets to retired military again and then I want to come back to Disney when they have the Christmas decorations up.
She was going to get the new car anyway but I had to get her to agree to another Disney Trip!!

Last edited:

Fun toy, though a 98k Porsche 998 by me just sold with 10k miles on it for 32k. I would have bought it for 32k myself, but I still have my truck to pay off.

100K, can you pee in it ?? I mean, does it have a bathroom ?? Does it have a bed ?? Fridge ?? Does it go fast ??

The Maserati does go fast but for everything else that's why we own the Tradition. My son and I love being outside. Excited about spending some park and down days next year at the Fort.

rv resized.jpg

Last edited:

$100k for a Maserati... I'll never understand it.

Fort Wilderness is "worth" whatever you make of it. It's been a family retreat for us since the late 70's. The Fort's value to us are the memories that have been made there.

Fort Wilderness is "worth" whatever you make of it. It's been a family retreat for us since the late 70's. The Fort's value to us are the memories that have been made there.

I agree, I was just being funny. My family put up with me always being deployed while I was in the Army for 32 years. I can tell you that there is nothing is better than being home every night with them now. We have a lot of fun things since I am retired and going to Ft Wilderness will be another one.

Last edited:
It's a beautiful car for her. Congrats all around on that and future Disney. :smooth: I had guessed that the 100k was going to be for an RV. I already know an RV would be worth it to me for experiences... as far as how I view money (if I had any), but I'm not as clear on if I'd be happy with learning drive and maneuver an RV or 5th wheel. Guess I'll have to someday rent one and see if I can learn! :flower:

RV or 5th wheel toy hauler though?! :rotfl:

I thought he was staying at The Fort for a week at Christmas. :)

I wish we could!!

It's a beautiful car for her. Congrats all around on that and future Disney. :smooth: I had guessed that the 100k was going to be for an RV. I already know an RV would be worth it to me for experiences... as far as how I view money (if I had any), but I'm not as clear on if I'd be happy with learning drive and maneuver an RV or 5th wheel. Guess I'll have to someday rent one and see if I can learn! :flower:

RV or 5th wheel toy hauler though?! :rotfl:

She loves that dang car.
I am trying teach my 2 1/2 year old son to say Orlando. I say son where do you want to go, I am hoping to get him to answer Orlando but he does not get it yet, he says bye bye or outside instead.
Go with a motorhome. On road trips we would stop for 3 reasons. I'm hungry, I'm thirsty or I have to pee so I use to have to add 2 or 3 hours depending on where we were going. But for us a motorhome was the answer. Also I know who slept in that bed last night, Me!!

If your family hates the heat, I would avoid late April through early October. Happy Camping, you will love the Fort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!