Fort Wilderness NOT Opening June 22nd???

Nevaland

Earning My Ears
Hi All

I just got off the phone with reservations and I was told there has been no announcement yet regarding the opening of the Fort Wilderness Campsites For June 22nd. It is only the Cabins that can open then. She said it’s possible they may announce something soon about the campsites but at this moment it is only Cabins that will be opening.

I have a reservation begining July 5th and I was calling to add my children onto the reservation but was told I couldn’t and would need to make an alternate reservation for then. I wasn’t sure she was correct so I just asked to leave my Reservation alone until I could figure something else out. Is the information this cast member gave me correct? If it is I’m in trouble!!!! Thank you.

I have not seen anything to contradict the statement released last month. The screen shot below is from the Disney World web site. It specifically mentions Fort Wilderness Resort & CAMPGROUND. I don't think it would specify the campsites if it was only the cabins. At the least, it would say "cabins only".

j

Folks with reservations for campsites arriving before the parks open have been commenting all over this board and nobody said they've got a cancellation notice.

You sound like you were trying to make a NEW reservation which, online or via phone, Disney is not accepting yet (existing reservations may be fewer and can be spaced out among available sites at arrival).

Sounds like you got some BS from a CM who didn't want to tell you that you can't make a campsite reservation yet for the near term. Just my guess.

Bama Ed

Thank you everyone.

As I clearly previously stated I was NOT trying to make a new reservation. I have had this reservation for many months. Just simply trying to add a few guests to it. I plan on calling back today and speaking with someone different. I’ll let y’all know how I make out!!!

Its likely the adding folks that is the holdup. Disney is likely heavily overbooked considering the restrictions they are facing.

Will be waiting to see how it goes.

So got a different cast members today. And was told the campsites are opening June 22nd. That was a relief.

the issue with adding people is their systems can’t yet do that with The current restrictions in place but it should be available before arrival. She said, Otherwise I can just show up and add them when I check in.

crisis adverted!!! Thank you.

I had popped on to say that you can not amend current reservations right now. You might be able to soon though, since yours is so soon. I have to wait until June 28th to change mine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!