Fort Wilderness to Epcot transportation

Dadof2inOH

Earning My Ears
My wife and I have a late September trip planned and are staying at Fort Wilderness. I’m wondering on the best way to get to Epcot. Is it better to use the buses or would taking the boat to MK and then back to the TTC to pick up the monorail be the best?

Buses.:)

If you didn't want to go by bus,I would boat to Contemporary Resort and take the Monorail to TTC from there.:)

@Dadof2inOH - FYI, moved this to the Transportation board.

But yes, bus is more efficient.

Boat to MK or CR and monorail to Epcot (via transferring at the TTC) is possible, but I’d only do that if you have time to “take the scenic route.” You normally wouldn’t want to go that way unless you just really want to spend some time enjoying the sites of that journey.

Bus will be fastest no doubt. However, if you have time, and want to make an enjoyable experience out of the trip it's self, then by all means I would say take the boat over to the Contemporary, and monorail from there. That boat ride is wonderful, and relaxing, and was our transport method of choice when ever possible while staying at the Wilderness Lodge.

So it sounds like if we want to be at Epcot for RD, we should bus. I like scenic routes however. Would the boats be running late enough at the end of the day that we could do the scenic route then or would we risk getting to the CR and not having transport back to FW?

So it sounds like if we want to be at Epcot for RD, we should bus. I like scenic routes however. Would the boats be running late enough at the end of the day that we could do the scenic route then or would we risk getting to the CR and not having transport back to FW?
Check the closing times posted at the FtW boat dock after you arrive at the resort. The boat from MK runs until 1 hour after MK closing; the boat from CR has a set closing time, but I can't remember what it is.

Also check the resort-wide Times Guide after you arrive for the monorail closing times, which vary by time of year. You can pick one up at any resort, including the Concierge/Info window outside Pioneer Hall, or you can probably ask for one at check-in. It's different from the individual park-specific Times Guides, and lists hours for transportation and all parks for the week (Sun. thru Sat.) You can see an example of this weeks edition here.

Check the closing times posted at the FtW boat dock after you arrive at the resort. The boat from MK runs until 1 hour after MK closing; the boat from CR has a set closing time, but I can't remember what it is.

Also check the resort-wide Times Guide after you arrive for the monorail closing times, which vary by time of year. You can pick one up at any resort, including the Concierge/Info window outside Pioneer Hall, or you can probably ask for one at check-in. It's different from the individual park-specific Times Guides, and lists hours for transportation and all parks for the week (Sun. thru Sat.) You can see an example of this weeks edition here.

This is great. Thanks for the info! I guess a lot will depend on what times we get FP for the day we go to Epcot. It will be a pretty laid back trip with no kids so the scenic route might be nice. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!