fort wilderness

PlutoPal

<font color=6666CC>WDW Animal who likes to hang wi
i like the wilderness, and this looks like the place for me, anyone have any views on this place.

Back in December of 1998, we stayed in one of the old Wilderness homes (which have been replaced by log cabins). I was travelling with my sister, her husband, and their two kids, and the home was a perfect set up for us. There was a double bed and bunk beds in the bedroom, and a Murphy bed in the living room/kitchen area. The home was roomy and it was nice to have a full kitchen to prepare some meals while we were there.

Fort Wilderness does have a lot to offer. My niece and nephew loved the campfire, and I loved being able to watch the Electrical Light Parade.

My major complaint about Fort Wilderness was the transportation. I don't know if it's improved since I stayed there, but when I was there, it took a two modes of transportation to get anywhere from Fort Wilderness. For example, to get to the MK, we had to take a bus, and a boat. To get to Epcot, we had to take a bus to the TTC and then the monrail to Epcot. To get to MGM, we had to take a bus to the TTC and then take another bus to MGM. If could take well over an hour to get from Fort Wilderness to one of the parks if you just missed a bus. We wound up driving most of the time because the transportation was so bad. If you rely on the buses to get you around, you would probably be better off somewhere else.

Karen

http://home.hiwaay.net/~jlspence/faq_fw.htm

This is an awsome website for FW and the cabins. We stayed in the cabins 2 years ago (DS were 2 and 5 years old). We liked having 2 rooms for naps and also so DH and I could watch TV or talk after the kids went to bed. We rented a golf cart - a very good decision. Pools and the store were a LONG walk from our cabin. It worked well for us at that time. Next trip we want more of a resort feel, so we won't be staying there. Hope this helps. Also - visit the camping board on the DIS, lots of information there about FW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter