• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FOTL Dining?

>>^..^<<

Flat Cat
I stayed at the RPR for 5 nights last year and ate at Margaritaville a few times with no wait.

This year I want to try some different restaurants ~ just wondering ~ if you show your room card do you get FOTL dining? and does club level give you any pull?

Does club level have a differnt colour key card (like Disney has gold instead of blue for concierge?)

Thanx,

>>^..^<<

Your room key will get you "next available seating". It is not always honored on weekends. If you want to eat someplace in particular on Friday or Saturday, you probably should make a reservation. Emerils requires prior reservations.

Not all of the restaurants are included in the first available with your room key list. Emeril's and at least two others are not. Can't remember which right now.

We tried this one year to get into the Latin Quarter...we were very sorry we didn't make a reservation...the wait was still 45 minutes. Don't count on getting in places...make reservations if you really want to eat somewhere.

good luck!

I believe all of the restuarants in City Walk offer PS with room key. Not sure about resort restaurants. We ate at Hard Rock Cafe one evening. Must have been at least 1 - 1-1/2 hr. wait for some. We were seated immediately.:D

This will be an awesome perk and will make me want to eat at one of the Universal places instead of traveling off-site. My family is very picky, we basically eat all-american (chicken sandwiches, tenders, and burgers) and I know the HArd Rock can please us. Where else do you get preferred seating that has less fancy fare?We like American or Italian. Thanks! We will also be doing Disney, but will go off-site to eat at Tony Roma's Ribs. We love that place, but they don't have them here in NJ.

We were at Universal (RPR) from 7/18-7/20. No problem with FOTL dining in the park (Mythos and Confesco's). No go on Saturday or Sunday at city walk. We were told all available seating was used up for Margaritaville (about 3pm Sunday, not a high demand time I would think). No availability at Nascar or Hard Rock either, ended up on the porch at Margaritaville (great meal, still). NO wait at Mythos or Confescos. Great meal (with ressies) at Tchoup Choup on Saturday night. Blew our budget (4 kids with us, 2 older decided to try Filet Mignon), but it was worth it. Will be eating chicken for the rest of the year, though, to make up for the price. Still, hope do it again next year (starting the penny jar now!).

Usually we have no problem showing room key and getting a table at CW fairly quickly. One time (yes, a weekend) we went to NBA City and had a 90 minute wait and we were told by the manager it didnt work on the weekend.

At hard rock cafe we showed our hotel key and the guy said go to the side of the building and up the stairs for priority seating. We got in right away all 3 times we went instead of waiting in the really long line downstairs. At NBA city it took less than 10 minutes to get in and at Nascar Cafe we got in right away. Without the key we would have had long waits. Those are the only restaurants we went to.

The "special" entrance for FOTL at Hard Rock Cafe gave us immediate seating at about 7:00 midweek. At Margaritaville, however, I actually was frowned at by the hostess and was told that it would still be at least 45 minutes. My husband doesn't like to wait so we went on our way to NBA City which was very good and gave us immediate seating (I didn't "flash" my card but I was wearing it around my neck so I'm not sure if it made a difference or not). I had heard that waits can actually be a lot less than they quote, but the hostess's manner had already ruined it for me!

We just got back today from US/IOA. We were able to use priority seating on Friday night at Margaritaville, and Saturday night at Hard Rock. We arrived both nights around 6 pm, and had about a 15 minute wait at each place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter