Found Camera! In San Francisco

Rapunsel

Tinkerbell... mood subject to change without notic
Can anyone help me on where I should post this?
My mom was in San Francisco on Sunday 8/10/08 and she found someones digital camera by union square. It had been run over by a car and was totally trashed and broken, but she got the chip out of it. And brought it home with her. I would love to re-unite it with its owner. Where ever they may be. Does anyone know where I could post that I have found it.
The chip fits in my digital camera and all the pictures are still there. I know that losing a camera is awful and heartbreaking. Any help that you can give me would be great!

I wonder if any of the pictures might be able to be tracked. For example, if it was a recent trip and there are pictures of a large group eating at Bubba Gump's, maybe the restaurant might be able to determine what table they were sitting at and thus, who the waiter or waitress was. Maybe they'd be able to figure out the family name and possibly even have talked with them enough to know a little story, like where they are from or something. Sounds like a fun mystery to solve. I know if it was me, I'd be soooooooo grateful if someone went to the trouble of finding me. It's actually a good idea to always take a picture of an index card with your contact information on it, so that if this type of thing happens, it's easier for the finder to locate you.

Mary

I wonder if any of the pictures might be able to be tracked. For example, if it was a recent trip and there are pictures of a large group eating at Bubba Gump's, maybe the restaurant might be able to determine what table they were sitting at and thus, who the waiter or waitress was. Maybe they'd be able to figure out the family name and possibly even have talked with them enough to know a little story, like where they are from or something. Sounds like a fun mystery to solve. I know if it was me, I'd be soooooooo grateful if someone went to the trouble of finding me. It's actually a good idea to always take a picture of an index card with your contact information on it, so that if this type of thing happens, it's easier for the finder to locate you.

Mary
I'd also be extremely grateful if someone got my card back to me! To add to your very good suggestion about taking a photo of your name/contact info, don't forget to do the same with your disposable cameras -- stick a return address label on them and reinforce it with clear tape. I learned that on a cruise: my daughter'd lost her swim goggles, and we were looking through the lost and found. There must've been 100 disposable cameras in there -- most of them identical. I said something about that to the crew member who was helping me, and she commented, "Yes, you should label them. Even if these people came to look for their camera, they couldn't identify it."

You might be able to get the persons name off the photos on the chip. Some cameras let you input your name and it gets stored in the EXIF data.

You may also want to post on Trip Advisor forums. Hopefully you can reunite the photos with the people.

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter