arena parking fee …$10.00

4 hot dogs …$15.00
4 waters …$14.00
2 pretzels …$7.00
2 cracker jack …$7.50
2 hot choc. …$6.00
2 ic dixie cups …$7.50
1 coffee …$3.75

the expression on my son’s faces when the players smashed into the glass right in front of us..or when the Devils scored right in front of us….PRICELESS…

wait a minute …priceless my foot…it was more like….$456.60 …outrageous! (and what’s even more outrageous is that I didn’t have enough money to buy myself a $6.00 cup-o-beer)

How much do you pay for a family outing? (I'm going back to free museums)

hey antee where does the money go? The player’s salaries…or the programmer’s salaries?

Wow - WDW prices don't seem so bad compared to that.

How much do you pay for a family outing? (I'm going back to free museums)

Dude - where do you live??:confused: The Carnegie Museum of Natural History in Pittsburgh charges at least $6 or $7 for entry, as well as parking! And - all you get to see is some big, dead dinosaur bones - now that scrunched up face of a hockey player in pain (and bleeding to boot!) up against the plexiglass - well......... that is priceless!!;)

Charlie.....I so relate to this! We have Jet tickets and sell them because it's just too expensive to go every week.

We also have blue heaven Knick tickets which are really dirt cheap and quite a good view. But the train in, refreshments, souvenirs (when DS goes) really puts the bite on. People have begun to bring sandwiches in the cheap seats. It's just gotten too cost prohibitive.

Let's face it. The NY/NJ sports scene is dominated by corporate season ticket holders. Stinks, don't it?

for family outings! I go by myself, DH stays home. DS lives on the other side of the country.

But I agree, Charlie. I spent $85 for 2 Diamond Backs tickets last season, $6 for a Zima like beverage, and $6 for a beer for my DS (home at the time). I don't know how people can afford to take 2 or 3 kids, mom and dad out to an event like that. Guess you have to decide which event is the most important and keep it to a minimum, unless you have lots of disposable income. Aound here, museums charge admission, so do al the zoos. I guess to do freebies, you can go to a park.

What I found to be ironic was that when we were in Russia, we saw the Moscow Circus for $1.20 per ticket. Sports that we are, we paid for our translator to go with us, too.;) Snacks were unbelievably inexpensive, as were the souveniers.

Fast forward almost a year. We went to see Ringling Bros. Circus. The seats were $18 something per ticket. The cotton candy was outrageous, not to mention pop corn, a "door prize" for each child, drinks, etc., The show was OK, but not as good as the one in Moscow. Alot of people that were at the show had brought in their own snacks. Entertainment isn't cheap.

Originally posted by Pam
Dude - where do you live??:confused: The Carnegie Museum of Natural History in Pittsburgh charges at least $6 or $7 for entry, as well as parking! And - all you get to see is some big, dead dinosaur bones - now that scrunched up face of a hockey player in pain (and bleeding to boot!) up against the plexiglass - well......... that is priceless!!;)

The Museum of Natural History in Manhattan is free. They give you a suggested price, which most people pay, but you can opt not to pay. There are certain parts of the museum though that you do have to pay for, like the planetarium.

actually the prices sound about normal for NHL cities now. The nose bleed seats a few years ago were $40 each!!:eek: I am glad you had a good time but the prices do stink.

Having a dad that's willing to break the bank for a great memory with you.......priceless. :)

I'm so glad we have a minor league baseball team in town--we can take all 3 kids to a game with snacks it runs about $60--although we don't go more than twice a summer.
The Toledo museum is free also, but the exhibits (Van Gogh opens next weekend!) cost. We also have a zoo membership--since I don't work in the summer I try to get our money's worth out of that, although the kids know better than to ask me for food or drinks there!
Robin M.

Speaking of family outings, if you get a chance to see the second release of the Shackleford Adventure at IMAX, GO! It is fantastic! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter