Foxtrot oscar 9/04 NOTE FROM RAMSAY LTD POST #126

skunkvette

You have to decide if you’re a Tigger or an Eeyore
EDITED ORIGINAL POST -

7/16/2011 Update - FOXTROT OSCAR SUNDAY 9/04/11 AT 6:30 PM

7/23/2011 Update - Eighteen confirmed

7/29/2011 Update - Twenty confirmed

Final date is 8/01/11.

8/02/11 Please see post # 100 regarding Sunday Roast menu.

8/30/11 Sunday Roast menu is confirmed as Roast Beef. Post #105 travel info.

Thanks to everyone who confirmed, it will be a fun event!

---------------------------------------------------

Reserved twenty spaces for 6:30 PM seating.

In order to hold space for our event in this smaller scale restaurant, I had to sign a contract of agreement.

I have been working directly with the restaurant staff to make this event as convenient for all, but there are some very important conditions.

There is a significant (30 pounds - about $48 USD) per person charge if you cancel out on this event after 8/25/11 for any reason.

I have personally guaranteed this event on my credit card, so please be sure in your decision to attend.

I will expect you to be responsible for the cancellation charge if you back out after the cut off date.

It is about 3 1/2 miles to the restaurant from our hotel, I know Cathy and I will be taking a taxi back and forth.

We will be able to order with standard Sunday menu or Sunday Roast. Both menus are on the restaurants website.

www.gordonramsay.com/foxtrotoscar

If you are going to order from the Sunday Roast menu you need to let me know before 8/01/11 to guarantee availability.

There is a flat 12.5 % gratuity service fee added to your check for your meal.

The restaurant will only provide a check per table and expects one payment method per check.

Each table will need to split out their own charges and settle up between themselves.

Only one credit card (or cash) per check will be accepted.

Please confirm your reservation as soon as you can, thanks.

Gordon Ramsay Dining Sign Up

Frank and Cathy * confirmed 2 Sunday Roast
Christy * confirmed Sunday Roast
Tobi * confirmed Sunday Roast
Jason * confirmed
Mike and Christy * confirmed 2 Sunday Roast
Matt * confirmed Sunday Roast
Lori * confirmed Sunday Roast
John and Kevin * confirmed 2 Sunday Roast
Karen and Kaye * confirmed 2 Sunday Roast
Micki and John * confirmed 2 Sunday Roast
Heather * confirmed Sunday Roast
Denise and James * confirmed 2 Sunday Roast
Cynthia and Michael - confirmed 1 Sunday Roast

I would be interested. But it would depend whether or not I get the ticket I ordered for the Ceremony of the Keys for Sep 4th, and, if I do, what time you're looking at. The Ceremony starts at 9:30pm precisely, so I'd need to leave myself plenty of time to get from the restaurant to the Tower. But I won't know about whether or not I even got the Ceremony tickets for another couple of weeks, probably. :confused3

Long-winded way to say "Please put me down as tentative"! :rotfl:

Sayhello

PS, it's Gordon Ramsay

I would be interested. But it would depend whether or not I get the ticket I ordered for the Ceremony of the Keys for Sep 4th, and, if I do, what time you're looking at. The Ceremony starts at 9:30pm precisely, so I'd need to leave myself plenty of time to get from the restaurant to the Tower. But I won't know about whether or not I even got the Ceremony tickets for another couple of weeks, probably. :confused3

Long-winded way to say "Please put me down as tentative"! :rotfl:

Sayhello

PS, it's Gordon Ramsay

Wow - missed that spelling error (corrected), thanks.

Understand there may be schedule issue, I am trying to get a feel for a head count.

One candidate is The Narrow at 44 Narrow Stree, London E14 8DP. Seems to have more casual fare.

I'm in.

With that said could I suggest Petrus, Maze, or Foxtrot Oscar - I think the pubs are nice, but if you are looking for a "Gordon Ramsay" experience, they are in the end just pubs that his empire has purchased.

Foxtrot Oscar does a 3 course Sunday Menu for 25 pounds, and a two course for 20 pounds.

Petrus does 3 Course Menu du Jour for 30 pounds, or 45 with wine and coffee

And Maze does a small plates "Early Supper" Menu for 25 pounds for 3 Dishes, 36 pounds for 4, or 45/56 with wine

Yes, I was definitely interested but didn't do the leg work you did!

I'm up for any restaurant, casual or fine dining. I haven't signed up for Ceremony of the Keys. I'd like to, but frankly, I'm lazy and it will take me forever to get the required stamps!

I'm in.

With that said could I suggest Petrus, Maze, or Foxtrot Oscar - I think the pubs are nice, but if you are looking for a "Gordon Ramsay" experience, they are in the end just pubs that his empire has purchased.

Foxtrot Oscar does a 3 course Sunday Menu for 25 pounds, and a two course for 20 pounds.

Petrus does 3 Course Menu du Jour for 30 pounds, or 45 with wine and coffee

And Maze does a small plates "Early Supper" Menu for 25 pounds for 3 Dishes, 36 pounds for 4, or 45/56 with wine

I think that we should probably look towards an earlier seating for those that have other plans that evening, or for those who want to pack and get some rest for the next days trip to Paris.

Agree, that the Gordon Ramsay experience is what we are looking for.

What would everyone prefer? A private room or chef's table somewhere, or a price fixed two or three course early supper?

Feedback? I am leaning towards Foxtrot Oscar, it sounds so Gordon Ramsay-ish, and they have Yorkshire pudding - whatever that is.

http://www.gordonramsay.com/foxtrotoscar/menus/

We should make our reservations when the ninety day window opens, so let me know what you think and we will set it up.

Thanks.

Yes, I was definitely interested but didn't do the leg work you did!

I'm up for any restaurant, casual or fine dining.

I guess the trick here is to figure out:

a) Who wants to go
b) what their budget and food preferences are

The Ramsay Empire spans everything from a 3.50 pound Scotch Egg with HP Sauce at one of the Pubs to 120 pound 7 course Meals at the 3 Michelin Star Gordon Ramsay - and everything in between.

I guess to put a dis spin on it - it's almost like saying we want to have dinner at WDW, the hard work is figuring out if we want V&A or Pinocchio's Village Haus :)

Matt

FoxTrot Oscar sounds like a great choice! You may want to consider e-mailing the restaurant to see what options are available for the group prior to the 90 day window. Just a thought.... :goodvibes

Foxtrot Oscar is 2.5 miles from the ABD hotel, they serve a Sunday special and a traditional English Sunday roast.

Sounds good here.

I will contact the restaurant tomorrow to see what the options are for a group seating.

And it's only a ten minute walk from Sloane Square, where certain people can put on their fascinators and become Sloane Rangers - Do Pat's and Eddy proud.

Laquoix sweety, Laquoix :dance3:

And it's only a ten minute walk from Sloane Square, where certain people can put on their fascinators and become Sloane Rangers - Do Pat's and Eddy proud.

Laquoix sweety, Laquoix :dance3:
I wish I had a clue what *ANY* of that means... :confused3

Sayhello

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter