Foxtrot oscar 9/04 NOTE FROM RAMSAY LTD POST #126

I have confirmed our party and menu selections for FO, and it looks like the Sunday Roast will be Roast Beef with the traditional fixings.

The restaurant is going to confirm the Sunday Roast selection on August 30, so I will be able to see if you have any dietary issues or preferences with what they will be offering before we get to the restaurant.

Please check back on or about August 30th for the menu.

Thanks!

Frank
Good heavens! I'll be in London by then! I sure hope I have internet access somewhere...

Thanks again, Frank!

Sayhello

Good heavens! I'll be in London by then! I sure hope I have internet access somewhere...

Thanks again, Frank!

Sayhello

Tobi,

Any of these selections NOT work for you?

Roast Dedham Vale mature beef, yorkshire pudding,
duck fat roast potatoes, seasonal vegetables,
thyme jus £15.95

Whole roast Label Anglais chicken,
bread sauce, seasonal vegetables,
rosemary and thyme jus £23 (for two)

Slow roast Gloucester Old Spot pork belly,
baked apple sauce, roast root vegetables,
rosemary jus £14.50

Roast leg of English lamb,
home-made mint sauce, redcurrant jus £15.95

Let me know and I will keep it in mind if we can't connect when the restaurant release the menu for our date.

Frank

Confirmed the Sunday Roast menu for our dinner with Foxtrot Oscar today - Roast Beef.

thyme jus.

I also asked the restaurant for the best means to travel from the hotel to dinner and when I hear back, I will post their suggestion.

Seems either a taxi or the Tube annd a short walk.

See you all soon!

Frank

Confirmed the Sunday Roast menu for our dinner with Foxtrot Oscar today - Roast Beef.

thyme jus.

I also asked the restaurant for the best means to travel from the hotel to dinner and when I hear back, I will post their suggestion.

See you all soon!

Frank

Awesome!!! Thanks Frank!!! :thumbsup2

From Foxtrot Oscar -

I would advise travelling by taxis to Foxtrot Oscar, which takes approximately 15 minutes. Alternatively you could all take the tube which would take just over 30 minutes. You would need to travel from Holborn station and take the Piccadilly line to South Kensington. You would then need to take the district line to Sloane Square and from there it would be about a 10 minute walk to Foxtrot Oscar.

Foxtrot Oscar
79 Royal Hospital Road
London
SW3 4HN

020 7352 4448

thyme jus.

See you all soon!

Frank

You had me at duck fat roast potatoes. :faint:

From Foxtrot Oscar -

I would advise travelling by taxis to Foxtrot Oscar, which takes approximately 15 minutes. Alternatively you could all take the tube which would take just over 30 minutes. You would need to travel from Holborn station and take the Piccadilly line to South Kensington. You would then need to take the district line to Sloane Square and from there it would be about a 10 minute walk to Foxtrot Oscar.

Foxtrot Oscar
79 Royal Hospital Road
London
SW3 4HN

020 7352 4448

Sounds like a taxi is the way to go. I'm thinking we can check with the concierge about getting enough taxis to accommodate the group. I'd say we should probably leave around 6pm?

You had me at duck fat roast potatoes. :faint:

Sounds like a taxi is the way to go. I'm thinking we can check with the concierge about getting enough taxis to accommodate the group. I'd say we should probably leave around 6pm?

I thought we could talk with the concierge about lining up taxis, maybe the hotel has some kind of in house transporation like a jitney bus we could use.

If we use taxis, we can double up in some of the taxis with couples and singles to make it easier.

thyme jus.

See you all soon!

Frank

JEEZ LOUISE that sounds good!!!:thumbsup2

We hope everyone has a great time at Foxtrot Oscar!! We are dying to hear all about it! No detail is too small or insignificant!! We are loving this thread over here!

Safe travels to France! We'll be hanging on every post! :goodvibes

We hope everyone has a great time at Foxtrot Oscar!! We are dying to hear all about it! No detail is too small or insignificant!! We are loving this thread over here!

Safe travels to France! We'll be hanging on every post! :goodvibes

Just walk in the front door from our return trip from ABD London/Paris.

An amazing trip, I will post some details about the FO dinner when I get back on my feet, but it was an adventurous dinner, and everyone had a blast!

Foxtrot Oscar -

There were 22 people in our party which meant we needed quite a few taxis.

The good news is that British taxis in High Holborn where the hotel was located are easy to obtain and can hold four or five people easily.

The bad news was that city traffic was a mess due to a bicycle event held in London that Sunday. The 3.5 mile trip to the restaurant took 35 to 45 minutes.

We had our own room in the lower level of the restaurant, with two long tables, tight but still comfortable. The restaurant is bistro style and slightly modern in decor.

There was some confusion concerning our agreed contract terms, but we manage to work through that.

Drinks were followed by appetizers (Tomato gazpacho or Scottish salmon ceviche or Cumin spiced aubergine salad). I had the aubergine (eggplant) and it was the best part of my meal.

Mains were Sunday Roast of beef with traditional garnish or Spaghetti with pesto or FO fish pie with broccoli. Everyone near me at my table had the Sunday Roast, which was quite good, especially the potatoes roasted in duck fat.

Desserts were Cherry apple crumble, Sticky toffee pudding or Vanilla cheesecake. Mixed reviews on the Sticky toffee, I enjoyed my Cherry apple crumble.

All in all a nice meal in a comfortable restaurant, some of us had the chance to speak with the head chef afterwards, and enjoyed stories concerning his "big boss" and his antics.

Biggest downside was the fact that rather than calling us taxis to return to our hotel or to go to the Tower of London for the Ceremony of the Keys, the restaurant sent out for their car service, which were a group of non English speaking drivers in Mercedes sedans that had minimal knowledge of the street of London. Not pretty, some of the drivers got flat out lost.

I think all enjoyed their experience in a Gordon Ramsay restaurant, but I still sent out a letter of complaint today regarding the issues with the contract and the car service. Curious to see if they respond.

Would you go to the restaurant as an individual? I am in London this week and looking for someplace to eat that I have not been to before.

thanks

Frank - you forgot the best part! The yummy cauliflower cheese casserole. I was scarfing down as much of that as I could find and I don't even like cauliflower! Thank you so much for arranging things and getting Brian and I added at the last minute. We had such a great time that night!

Laurie

Would you go to the restaurant as an individual? I am in London this week and looking for someplace to eat that I have not been to before.

thanks

Absolutely! The food was very good and reasonably priced. Plus, you could eat in the main dining room on street level which looked nice.

Frank - you forgot the best part! The yummy cauliflower cheese casserole. I was scarfing down as much of that as I could find and I don't even like cauliflower! Thank you so much for arranging things and getting Brian and I added at the last minute. We had such a great time that night!

Laurie

Oh my, how could I forget that! Best cauliflower EVER.

It was a great time, glad we could get everyone together.

By the way, I received an apology note from the restaurant today after my comments on our issues, with a promise for a personal contact to discuss how things went wrong. Will post if and when they follow up.

Frank

By the way, I received an apology note from the restaurant today after my comments on our issues, with a promise for a personal contact to discuss how things went wrong. Will post if and when they follow up.

Frank

I'm glad they contacted you. That ride to Tower of London was...interesting. :laughing:

But I think everyone loved those dishes of cheesy cauliflower. They gave us extra to share at our end of the table. I liked the meal overall. The only problem I saw was that the sticky toffee pudding had a burnt taste to the toffee sauce. If it wasn't burnt, it would have been fantastic.

And my description of the private room was "family rec room in the basement". :rotfl2:

Frank
Yay for cheesy cauliflower!

Good job that they apologized! It will be interesting what all they have to say when they follow up with you. Thanks for keeping us informed.

Sayhello

Frank

I glad that they followed up so quickly!!

Frank - Thanks again for arranging everything for us all! It was a great night and a great meal spent with some wonderful people!

They even arranged for a few of us to run off our dinner in the Tower of London Fun Run...:rotfl::rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter