FP+ Accomplished! Trip scheduled is settled! (I think!)

Dug720

See the line where the sky meets the sea?
Well, the ADRs anyway...

Super excited to be returning to the Magic of Disney for the first time since Marathon Weekend 2015 - and for the first time in about 7 years without having some running thing tiring me out for park time! :P I can't do my FP+ until December 20, but I'm not stressing it too much. I'm solo and only have myself to answer to, so if I feel like waiting in a line, I can. I'll have my nook with me that I can read as I wait if necessary.

Plans as of now (and pretty certain they're staying this way with only minor tweaks - which I'll note). I've got park hoppers and will be on the Deluxe Dining Plan (I'm not stressing it as this trip is in lieu of the cruise I'd initially scheduled but decided to postpone until I can do the Mexican Riviera on the Wonder in 2019 over my Spring Break - so I'd pretty much already budgeted more than this trip WITH DxDP is going to cost - it's just easier for me to not think about it - other than tips of course.). I'm gluten-free, so menus and available options have influenced meal choices to some degree.

Feb 18
Disney-race-early flight from Newark, landing around 8:20am. DME to All Star Sports where I've got a preferred room - hopefully in Surf's Up!
Grab my mug and probably something to eat, drop luggage in the room if it's ready (store with Bell Services if not), then off to Epcot.
4:45pm - Garden Grill (with Festival of the Arts Broadway Concert Series dining package)
8pm concert
(This is pending seeing the schedule of who is performing and what shows are going to be featured. If it's not people I'm interested in, I'll change to just dinner and forego the package).

Feb 19
7:30am - Boma breakfast
DAK
3:15pm - Ultimate Nights of Adventure VIP Tour (hence why I'm not stressing FP+ - this gets me on both the Pandora rides as well as Safari, Everest, and Dinosaur (even though I always look like I'm 5 and terrified in the ride picture on that one).

Feb 20
Disney Springs morning
11:20am - Bongos Cuban Cafe lunch (I love her sister restaurants in Miami Beach and Miami, so I'm cool with this even though I know it's not really popular on these boards - I also know that their chefs (meaning all of the Estefan Enterprises restaurants chefs) are very conscious of GF needs, so I trust them more than other non-Disney-owned places because I have experience eating at the other places)
hop over to Epcot for the afternoon and evening including evening EMH
5:30pm - La Hacienda de San Angel Dinner

Feb 21
Magic Kingdom with evening EMH
9:40am - Crystal Palace breakfast (Yes, I still love Pooh and friends)
4:40pm - Skipper Canteen (this is the other possible tweak...I'm using the TP reservation finder to try and get a BOG dinner and IF that happens would possibly change - ALSO pondering possibly changing to LTT because it would be awesome to get gluten-free stuffing and gravy!!)

Feb 22
DAK
7:35am - Cape May Cafe breakfast
2:10pm - Tiffins lunch
Possibly going back to Disney Springs after DAK closes...or just going back to the room to crash.

Feb 23
MK morning and early afternoon - flight at 9:22pm, so expecting a 5pm-ish Tragical Express trip
7:40am - 'Ohana breakfast
1:50pm - BOG lunch

Really excited for this trip!! :)

I really like your plans. We gave up on the deluxe meal plan thou. It was just to much food and time (although I did use it to hit every 2 credit place I could get an ADR for). I have looked at the running things for years but in my case the navy doctors have threatened me with bodily harm if I ever try running again.

I really like your plans. We gave up on the deluxe meal plan thou. It was just to much food and time (although I did use it to hit every 2 credit place I could get an ADR for). I have looked at the running things for years but in my case the navy doctors have threatened me with bodily harm if I ever try running again.

Thanks! I am just not stressing about trying to make it "worth it". But I will see if I like it or not for future plans.

After Goofy 2015 I had one final half in Ottawa and then on kind of a dare from a friend tried a Taekwondo Class and fell in love with it. I just tested for my Double Black Stripe and my instructor wants me ready to test for Black Belt within a year. Eek!

Thanks! I am just not stressing about trying to make it "worth it". But I will see if I like it or not for future plans.

After Goofy 2015 I had one final half in Ottawa and then on kind of a dare from a friend tried a Taekwondo Class and fell in love with it. I just tested for my Double Black Stripe and my instructor wants me ready to test for Black Belt within a year. Eek!
I have a 7 year old goddaughter who want to do Taekwando, what is a good age for starting that?

I have a 7 year old goddaughter who want to do Taekwando, what is a good age for starting that?

I started as an adult, but I think 6 or 7 is when a lot of our kids start. We have a pee-wee program for 4 and 5 year olds, but it's really hard for them to focus. 7 seems just about perfect.

I started as an adult, but I think 6 or 7 is when a lot of our kids start. We have a pee-wee program for 4 and 5 year olds, but it's really hard for them to focus. 7 seems just about perfect.
Thank You, her parents won't pay for the lessons but have told me it was OK if I did and I was just wondering about the right age. BooBoo Bear had 3 lessons with the Girl Scouts and seems to want it pretty badly.

Thank You, her parents won't pay for the lessons but have told me it was OK if I did and I was just wondering about the right age. BooBoo Bear had 3 lessons with the Girl Scouts and seems to want it pretty badly.

Awesome! It makes all the difference when the kids are excited about it. I was helping with the Tuesday night test last night (we have several observant Jewish students so they always have a non-Saturday "make-up" test) and you can definitely tell the kids who want it vs. the kids whose parents decided they should do it.

Awesome! It makes all the difference when the kids are excited about it. I was helping with the Tuesday night test last night (we have several observant Jewish students so they always have a non-Saturday "make-up" test) and you can definitely tell the kids who want it vs. the kids whose parents decided they should do it.
Well that was my next question because while BooBoo is Catholic I am an observant Jew and would miss some of that stuff.

Well that was my next question because while BooBoo is Catholic I am an observant Jew and would miss some of that stuff.

It depends on the place. Best thing is to talk with the person in charge and see how they do things. Many will offer a trial month at a lower cost also so you can see if it is a fit before committing.

Some slight changes. Now things stand at...

2/18 - 4:45pm Garden Grill with the Disney on Broadway Concert Series dining package

2/19 - 7:30am Boma breakfast

2/20 - 11:15am The BOATHOUSE lunch
8:30pm La Hacienda de San Angel dinner

2/21 - 9:40am Crystal Palace breakfast
5:05pm Narcoosee's dinner

2/22 - 7:35am Cape May Cafe breakfast
1:35pm Tiffins lunch

2/23 - 7:30am 'Ohana
12:20pm - Skipper Canteen

The 19th my "dinner" will be the food on the Ultimate Nights of Adventure VIP tour (which I understand is pretty much a Satu'li sampler). The 22nd I'm leaving it open...either for Satu'li or going to Disney Springs.

Last edited:
OK... More tweaking. But I think I'm settled with this...

2/18 - 4:45pm Garden Grill with the Disney on Broadway Concert Series dining package

2/19 - 7:30am Boma breakfast

2/20 - 11:15am The BOATHOUSE lunch
7:05pm - Spice Road Table dinner

2/21 - 9:15am BOG breakfast
5:05pm Narcoosee's dinner

2/22 - 11:30am Tiffins lunch
8:20pm Jiko dinner (this one MIGHT change to Sanaa...)

2/23 - 7:30am 'Ohana
12:20pm - Skipper Canteen

The 19th my "dinner" will be the food on the Ultimate Nights of Adventure VIP tour (which I understand is pretty much a Satu'li sampler).

Just got all my FP+ done!! I *think* I'm settled now with hopefully only minor tweaks if any...

2/18 - Epcot Day
Arrival - All Star Sports
Spaceship Earth
Seas with Nemo & Friends
Coral Reef - Disney on Broadway dining package
5:30pm concert
Soarin'

2/19 - Animal Kingdom
Bon Voyage breakfast
Na'vi River
Safaris
Disney Pals meet
Ultimate Nights of Adventure VIP Tour

2/20 - Disney Springs/Epcot
BOATHOUSE lunch
Frozen
Mission Space
Disney Pals
La Hacienda dinner

2/21 - MK
BOG breakfast
Mine Train
Splash
Space
Narcoossee's dinner

2/22 - Animal Kingdom
Safaris
Tiffins lunch
FOP
Everest
Sanaa dinner

2/23 - departure but MK first
Haunted Mansion
Jungle Cruise
Skipper Canteen lunch
Mickey at Town Square theatre

Excited!!!!!

Last edited:
So a day spent watching the Syfy Twilight Zone marathon resulted in me shaking things up a bit...

2/18 - arrival, Epcot
Spaceship Earth
Soarin'
Mission Space
3:00pm Rose & Crown with Disney on Broadway Concert package
5:30pm concert
8pm - Frozen Ever After Dessert Party

2/19 - DAK
7:45am Boma
Na'vi River Journey
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Meet Disney Pals
3:15pm Ultimate Nights of Adventure VIP Tour

2/20 - Disney Springs/DHS/Epcot
11:15am The BOATHOUSE
For The First Time in Forever
Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
6:30pm Trattoria al Forno
over to Epcot for Illuminations and evening EHM

2/21 - MK
either 7:35am 'Ohana or 9:15am BOG (TBD)
Journey of the Little Mermaid
Space Mountain
Pirates of the Caribbean
5:05pm Narcoossee's
back to MK for evening EMH

2/22 - DAK
Kilimanjaro Safaris
Festival of the Lion King
12:15pm Tiffins
Flight of Passage
8:00pm Sanaa

2/23 - MK and departure
Haunted Mansion
Jungle Cruise
12:20pm Skipper Canteen
Mickey at Town Square Theater

Woohoo!!

This sounds like a fantastic trip!

I’m doing the UNofA tour in April. Hopefully you can report back how you liked it. Who’s in your travel party?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter