FP+ advice when you aren't sure what a guest will enjoy

megs1313

DIS Veteran
I'm sorry, I couldn't think of a better thread title.

We are bringing along DD1's friend this time and she's NEVER been to a theme park of any kind. She is up for trying rides, but we don't know if she'll be able to do the big coasters or not at this point. Would you book her FP+'s assuming she'll like the thrill rides or not? I admit, I'm concerned! Half of the rest of our party will do the thrill rides and half will not, so we'll be doing FP+s in two groups as it is. TIA!

I would book them, because in general the thrill rides are harder to get than other rides...so if she decides when there that she doesn’t want to do, say, FOP, it’s going to be a lot easier to grab a same day Navi than the other way around. I know it could still be hard to get everyone’s FPs lined up, but it would really be hard to do if you need to add FOP, the mountains, SDD, etc.

The advice above about booking smaller rides first and building up is sound, as is doing whatever your daughter is doing, because they’ll likely want to ride together.

I’d pick rides your DD plan to ride and ones with long lines. Better to prebook the hard to get ones now and you can always change them later.

For my young kids when I am not sure I ALWAYS ere on the side of yes. The big rides are the hardest to get FP for, and I would rather have it, and them decide they don't want to ride and be able to modify it for something "lesser" than NOT have it and them really want to ride and can't.

Remember YouTube can be your best friend. My daughter and god-daughter pick most of the rides and I give a list to everyone else to check out the rides ahead of time and tell me if I need to book you something else.

I would book the really popular rides for FPs. If she opts out, ok. But if she wants to ride, she can.
Outside of the popular rides, it usually isn't too difficult to get FPs for the other rides the same day after your first 3 are used.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter