FP+ All Gone but rest of group has them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sara Grace Edwards

Earning My Ears
So I arrive 2 days after the rest of my travel party. My 60-day window for FP's opened today. We tried to copy Fast Passes over to me at 7AM, and some are already gone that they made on Friday. Not sure what I will be doing while everyone else goes on these attractions...guess I am just out of luck! The bummer thing is that if none of us got them, then we would just do standby and deal with it. But I really don't want to make the group wait an hour just for me. So I guess I won't be doing them at all. Seems like Disney should allow all guests traveling together make FP's at the same time.

Keep looking! The results change all the time, even each time you refresh. Especially for a single pass, I suspect you can get passes that overlap.

Agree with above, with single rider you shouldn't have too hard of a time finding overlapping times. Keep checking and refreshing.

Did you try and get overlapping times? The fp window is an hour, so if your times overlap you can still ride together. Don’t give up hope- keep looking and refreshing!
They are literally gone for the whole day! LOL! I will keep trying though

Agree with the pp's just keep trying - don't copy - try for a party of one in a similar or overlapping time and keep refreshing.

Also for future reference (and for those reading along) if you aren't on a package, have valid tickets and if you are linked in MDE your travel companions could have booked you a FP along with theirs as long as they were the same.

I can't even make a FP for something else (like go do Rockin Roller Coaster while they do Slinky Dog) since we already have FP's for that same time window. I'd have to completely remove myself from the Planning Party to do that. EDIT: ok never mind maybe not...it actually just overlaps with one of the windows I actually do have one for...

I hate to tell you this now, but your friends actually could have made your FPs at the same time they made theirs, as long as you are all friends on MDE.

No, we all have room + ticket packages. So I don't think they could have. they did try on Friday and I was not available. I only showed up this morning for them to add FP's.

No, we all have room + ticket packages. So I don't think they could have. they did try on Friday and I was not available. I only showed up this morning for them to add FP's.

You are correct since you have a package. Just check back occasionally, you still have a chance.

If you still can't find overlapping times by the time you arrive at WDW, go to guest services at the beginning of your trip and see if they can help you out.

Yes, unfortunately, because you purchased a package, they couldn't make your FP+ for you. If you had purchased your tickets separately, it wouldn't have been a problem.

Even if it says they are out, don't believe it, that's the "refresh strategy" and it works best day-of. For a single rider you have more of a chance. The only things really hard to get are ones like FoP, SDD, and SDMT.

So I arrive 2 days after the rest of my travel party. My 60-day window for FP's opened today. We tried to copy Fast Passes over to me at 7AM, and some are already gone that they made on Friday. Not sure what I will be doing while everyone else goes on these attractions...guess I am just out of luck! The bummer thing is that if none of us got them, then we would just do standby and deal with it. But I really don't want to make the group wait an hour just for me. So I guess I won't be doing them at all. Seems like Disney should allow all guests traveling together make FP's at the same time.

They do. But I don't understand how arriving two days after makes you part of the 'travel party'? You didn't travel with them. But they could have added you two days into their trip.

If you still can't find overlapping times by the time you arrive at WDW, go to guest services at the beginning of your trip and see if they can help you out.

It is frustrating seeing people suggest this. Her booking window wasn't available the same day as friends. Why should guest services do anything? Imagine if everyone who didn't get the FPs they wanted did this.

It is frustrating seeing people suggest this. Her booking window wasn't available the same day as friends. Why should guest services do anything? Imagine if everyone who didn't get the FPs they wanted did this.

I think if you are at Disney with other people, you should be able to get the same Fast Passes, period. That would not mean that *just anyone* could go get Fast Passes they didn't originally want. But Disney recognizes that when you travel to the parks with other people, you want to make your plans together. You want to do things together. That's why they have all of the linking on MDE. It seems that this request would already be in line with something Disney recognizes as an important feature to planning a trip together.

I think if you are at Disney with other people, you should be able to get the same Fast Passes, period. That would not mean that *just anyone* could go get Fast Passes they didn't originally want. But Disney recognizes that when you travel to the parks with other people, you want to make your plans together. You want to do things together. That's why they have all of the linking on MDE. It seems that this request would already be in line with something Disney recognizes as an important feature to planning a trip together.

So then you could have one person get one of the tough to get FP's and then have others get it just because a friend has one? Or people without 60 day booking windows becoming 'friends' with people who have hard to get FP's once they get to the park? Where does it stop?

How would "Disney" know your are traveling with another group when you have two separate reservations?

FWIW I am linked with lots of people on MDE and we don't always all travel together.

We have the same issue with someone who is probably going to come now who we originally thought could not. I’m just going to refresh trying to overlap enough times. If I absolutely cannot get something I will just give my FastPass over to him. It’s not that big of a deal to me to skip a ride or two, I’d rather have the whole family there on vacation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter