FP TIER changes at DHS as of August 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.

I still wonder if more tier 1 FP in the system won't mean more tier 1 FP out there available as 4th FP. More volume is more volume. No?

Non withstanding cancelled FP's that showed back up didn't it seem like most Tier 1's, even when RnR was in it, would be booked up prior to a park days opening? And for awhile before that? That's what I saw if I was thinking about changing parks and would have to work a bit to get a Tier 1. If park attendance increases anywhere close to what they expect it's possible the addiitonal guests will just gobble up the additions of SDD, Saucers and ToT to the Tier 1 level. If attendance levels were staying the same then I'd be more inclined to think there could be decent availability for a 4th FP. If there is a lot of availability for the 4th FP then that might mean they shouldn't have done this.

I think some of the panic may be premature
Just a thought but with all the rides as a tier 1 and most guests still trying fur SDD I wonder if you'll be surprised to find quite a few of the older rides there for your 4th, and more, FP. Much in the same way that TSMM has been there since TSL opened. So yeah it's not ideal I'm not sure it's the end of the world and makes HS visits pointless
I think a lot will depend on if you have hopper ticket or not, If you have any interest in GE or not and if your trip is a once in a lifetime trip.

If a family only has base tickets, has no interest in Star Wars and can only gets 1 fastpass, I think it it’s a totally pointless and a waste of money but if that same family plans on spending hours on end exploring GE and then use their 1 fastpass then it is.

I personally have zero Interest in Star Wars so If I had base tickets, I would without a doubt skip HS. That being said, because I can park hop and I know that Disney will have done a phenomenal job with the land, I absolutely want walk through it to see it in person but I probably won’t waste my entire days fastpasses for 1 ride.

until ToT reduced to half capacity we got it same day easily
We got RnR same day last week
All I meant was if all the rides end up as tier 1 I am not certain it's the disaster that so many others think it is
Might it be? Sure. Might it work out? Sure.
But just tossing some guessing numbers out to have easy numbers but let's say we had 3 t1 rides before, with 1000 FP reach, so 3000 FP a day. Now we are looking at adding in what, 2000 more t1 FP to that mix. By adding in 2 more rides. The guests can still only book 1 in advance. So they'll be trying for those extras as a 4th now, right? All but Slinky may be available. And ToT if they don't get it fully operating

It's sort of how it goes at Epcot now. Soarin and TT are rather easy to get most days as a 4th

Seems I'm not the only one thinking along these lines
https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/h...rld-plus-tower-of-terror-capacity-reductions/

Any suggestions on when to schedule first FP if going to Galaxy's Edge during EEMH?
[/QUOTE]

I'm wondering this, too, for our September trip.

I'm doing ours in the first hour

I think the ride that's really going to be tough to get is Star Tours. I'm more worried about it than tier1 rides

until ToT reduced to half capacity we got it same day easily
We got RnR same day last week
All I meant was if all the rides end up as tier 1 I am not certain it's the disaster that so many others think it is
Might it be? Sure. Might it work out? Sure.
But just tossing some guessing numbers out to have easy numbers but let's say we had 3 t1 rides before, with 1000 FP reach, so 3000 FP a day. Now we are looking at adding in what, 2000 more t1 FP to that mix. By adding in 2 more rides. The guests can still only book 1 in advance. So they'll be trying for those extras as a 4th now, right? All but Slinky may be available. And ToT if they don't get it fully operating

It's sort of how it goes at Epcot now. Soarin and TT are rather easy to get most days as a 4th

Seems I'm not the only one thinking along these lines
https://www.easywdw.com/easy/blog/h...rld-plus-tower-of-terror-capacity-reductions/

I think part of Josh's article may be spot on. If you commit to attending two EMHs at the Studios, you can escape from that park by about 10.30 am having done all of the rides (but not the shows) without using a single FP, then hopping to another park where you can use your 3 FPs.

Plan: EMH day 1, do the 3 rides in Toy Story Land then head to Sunset Boulevard for normal rope drop and be at the head of the queue for TOT, then experience relatively short stand-by lines for RRC. EMH Day 2, do Galaxy's Edge then be at Star Tours for rope drop.

There is only a limited number of people who can use EMH regardless.

My estimate is 120,000 guests each day will qualify for EMH (based on the number of Disney rooms + good neighbor resort rooms.) The big unknowns are what percentage of those people will turn up at 6am each day; how many of them will stay in the park after 9am; and how many will use the FP system if they stay at the park.

Is this just short term? Are they reverting it back? If so, any idea when? Was planning a trip for Thanksgiving but may reconsider as DHS would be a complete waste of time to go to with crowds at that time. Wouldn't be worth it.

Is this just short term? Are they reverting it back? If so, any idea when? Was planning a trip for Thanksgiving but may reconsider as DHS would be a complete waste of time to go to with crowds at that time. Wouldn't be worth it.

It hasn’t actually started yet so definitely no word on reverting back. Unless they decide it didn’t need to be done I’d expect it to be in place at Thanksgiving.

So you would cancel your entire trip because of two rides at Hollywood Studios are now tier one Fastpasses?

So you would cancel your entire trip because of two rides at Hollywood Studios are now tier one Fastpasses?
Especially when one of those was Tier 1 last year. Guess that's what I'm confused by. Really, the change is only significant to 1 ride, ToT. RnR was Tier 1 until very recently. People didn't throw up their arms and stop going to HS when it was Tier 1 and then had to pick between it and TSMM.They did it and they had a good day. And the world kept spinning. And they didn't waste their time at the park. Or waste a ticket.

There's still a lot of ways to use a single day at HS and book 3 FP in advance and have a decent day. Better if you have zero interest in GE

But, then again, if folks are running away from HS because of this, maybe that is a good thing after all. More FP left for those who are willing to give it a try and see how it goes before giving up on it

I think part of Josh's article may be spot on. If you commit to attending two EMHs at the Studios, you can escape from that park by about 10.30 am having done all of the rides (but not the shows) without using a single FP, then hopping to another park where you can use your 3 FPs.

Plan: EMH day 1, do the 3 rides in Toy Story Land then head to Sunset Boulevard for normal rope drop and be at the head of the queue for TOT, then experience relatively short stand-by lines for RRC. EMH Day 2, do Galaxy's Edge then be at Star Tours for rope drop.

This seems to imply that TOT and RRC won’t be open for EEMH. In my plans I’d sort of assumed that they would be. Any ideas on when we’ll find out for sure? Will it be when the EEMH start or (hopefully!) before? Knowing this will make a massive difference as to how I deal with the changes in tiers.

More FP left for those who are willing to give it a try and see how it goes before giving up on it
This is my family. Not thrilled about the news, but not an option to skip it - my boys like the park enough to brave it all. With me in tow.

This seems to imply that TOT and RRC won’t be open for EEMH. In my plans I’d sort of assumed that they would be. Any ideas on when we’ll find out for sure? Will it be when the EEMH start or (hopefully!) before? Knowing this will make a massive difference as to how I deal with the changes in tiers.
Of course, anything can change...but right now both are listed as available attractions along with Millennium Falcon and it references EEMH
Edited to insert picture into the text instead of as an attached file.

Last edited:

The first articles I read on the 6am opening only mentioned the Toy Story Land rides and Galaxy's Edge. My assumption was that TOT and RRC might not be included.
  • Disney’s Hollywood Studios — Daily from Sept. 1-Nov. 2, the park will have Extra, Extra Magic Hours from 6-9 a.m., including Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge, plus Toy Story Land attractions and select other attractions. Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge and its experiences subject to capacity.

Edit to add quote from Disney Parks Blog:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter