FP TIER changes at DHS as of August 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what am I missing, the latest a paid CL person can book FPs is 9/1 at the moment (that program is 90 days from your check OUT), so 4 days post SWGE opening.

If that is our only source of information, isn’t it possible it could just be some temporary thing around that opening weekend?

Seems like a strange change to me.

While I haven’t seen something as material/significant as a tier change/anomaly, that program does occasionally have some oddities when FPs aren’t properly or fully loaded that far out (usually just strange gaps in availability or similar).

I read that ToT became Tier 1 effective 5/1. Wasn't able to find one to prove it.

So what am I missing, the latest a paid CL person can book FPs is 9/1 at the moment (that program is 90 days from your check OUT), so 4 days post SWGE opening.

If that is our only source of information, isn’t it possible it could just be some temporary thing around that opening weekend?

Seems like a strange change to me.

While I haven’t seen something as material/significant as a tier change/anomaly, that program does occasionally have some oddities when FPs aren’t properly or fully loaded that far out (usually just strange gaps in availability or similar).

It seems nutty to me, but I don’t have a lot of faith in Disney right now.

I really want to visit in the Fall to see SWGE, but between the lack of discounts, the lack of SWGE AP events and the lack of FPs, I'm not feeling very incentivized.

I read that ToT became Tier 1 effective 5/1. Wasn't able to find one to prove it.

We’re going in July / Aug and I have TOT and RRC w/ SDD one day and TOT with Aliens and RRC the other.

Last edited:
This change makes no sense to me. I definitely don't like it. What once was my favorite park probably will not be once Galaxy's Edge opens. I'm a fan of Star Wars, but I think the crowds the new land is going to bring, coupled with this crazy FP tiering change is going to turn the park into something much less enjoyable for me.

As an on site guest staying over at GFVs for ten nights beginning September 4, and after reading this information, I decided I am going to skip HSs. I did have a WL for one night the Wednesday of my trip at BWVs, but canceled that WL tonight. Tomorrow Ill cancel my ADR in HS.

I had hoped that if my WL came through, I would just sleep at BW and keep my GF ressie (basically having two ressies), walk over to HSs leaving BW about 430 am, since thinking the park will most certainly open before 6 am, but if I cant get FPs for SDD or TSM and ToT, Im not doing it. I am not waiting on long lines for ToT or other Tier 2 attractions.

Im a little annoyed since I think this may be the best time for me to see SW since I cannot see lines getting any shorter in the next few years and figured if I got to HS by 450 am, there was a good chance we would start being walked in by 515/530 am since they still open Pandora early.

Good luck to those going. If I were staying at BW or BC, I may have just tried it because I can walk there but there is no way Disney busses will get me there before 5 am and cant do Uber since my mom will have a scooter.

As an on site guest staying over at GFVs for ten nights beginning September 4, and after reading this information, I decided I am going to skip HSs. I did have a WL for one night the Wednesday of my trip at BWVs, but canceled that WL tonight. Tomorrow Ill cancel my ADR in HS.

I had hoped that if my WL came through, I would just sleep at BW and keep my GF ressie (basically having two ressies), walk over to HSs leaving BW about 430 am, since thinking the park will most certainly open before 6 am, but if I cant get FPs for SDD or TSM and ToT, Im not doing it. I am not waiting on long lines for ToT or other Tier 2 attractions.

Im a little annoyed since I think this may be the best time for me to see SW since I cannot see lines getting any shorter in the next few years and figured if I got to HS by 450 am, there was a good chance we would start being walked in by 515/530 am since they still open Pandora early.

Good luck to those going. If I were staying at BW or BC, I may have just tried it because I can walk there but there is no way Disney busses will get me there before 5 am and cant do Uber since my mom will have a scooter.

We are at VGF third week of September and even with the extended hours we may just skip DHS. A lot depends on how those first few weeks go for SGE and if and when we secure a SDD FP. I’m not even attempting SGE this trip unless I hear the 6am crowds aren’t too and then its just me and I’ll leave the kids in the room with mom :)

We are fortunate enough to have another trip in late November, BWV this trip so right in the mix, and I’m hoping by then there’s some sort of up charge event for SGE. I agree up charges all the devil but man they are a great way to enjoy the parks. If not I’ll try to sneak in some ways since I’ll be able to see the lines from our room :smooth:

Disney is made up of attractions, not rides. And there are 7 attractions in DHS that aren't tier 1. Granted the wait for most of them doesn't make the use of a fast pass worthwhile, still they are options.

Didn't they just bump those two (TOT and RNRC) down to Tier 2? Or was I imagining things?

EDIT: By just I mean last year...but still
TOT never was Tier 1, but yes RNRC was bumped down.
This won't really affect my trip later this year due to how my days are set up. But I'm hoping this might make some of those FPs easier to get later in the day.

This sounds like a terrible change. Ugh. I have a trip planned in November (a few days after the extra EMH end) so I guess it will be interesting to see if HS is manageable at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!