FP TIER changes at DHS as of August 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure this is on a FP thread somewhere, but if you book just 1 FP (tier 1), after you use it, can you book another tier 1 or do you NEED to use two tier 2's before being able to get a tier 1 as your rolling 4th?

You need to use all 3 in the same park before booking another tier 1 in that park.

We all know that the crowds are going to be huge, but it's scary when Disney does something way ahead of time to accommodate an expected surge. Hopefully this will be better than lining up guests from the front of Pandora all the way to the tram drop off.

So clearly we will need to rope drop and not waste our FPs there. Talk about frustrating!
People think it is a half day park now, this just makes it more of a half day park. Just go on early morning hours, ride what you can of the good rides before crowds hit, use a tier 1 on SWGE and a tier 2 on Star Tours and then leave for another park and hope for a decent 3rd fastpass elsewhere. Maybe do Indiana Jones if you haven't seen it before.

Hey if everyone uses the EEMH at 6am then you don't need to worry about this! ;)

Yes, I know it hasn't been extended past November 2...

I said something similar upthread. SWGE aside, you could be done with every ride by 9am.

While I’m speculating what 6am-9am will be like in the rest of the park, you gotta think you can cover a ton of ground during that time, right?

I said something similar upthread. SWGE aside, you could be done with every ride by 9am.

While I’m speculating what 6am-9am will be like in the rest of the park, you gotta think you can cover a ton of ground during that time, right?

I think so, which is why I hope they extend it!!!

If I was onsite during that time frame and not interested in GE, that would be my plan. Start in TSL, bang out those rides, run to TOT and RNC then go to Epcot.

RE: Star Tours and Frozen: WDW Prep School has couple of posts about it. Waiting on confirmation. I would think they either stay tier 2 or FP goes away for them.

Just have to see when people can start booking at 60 days or if more CL guests come back to report.
It doesn't make sense to me why they'd remove Fast Pass options. If everyone's going to have to pick two from shows in order to be able to book additional Fast Passes that day, then there need to be second tier shows available to book to use up the initial three.

I'm sure this is on a FP thread somewhere, but if you book just 1 FP (tier 1), after you use it, can you book another tier 1 or do you NEED to use two tier 2's before being able to get a tier 1 as your rolling 4th?
You'd need those two second tier ones.

It doesn't make sense to me why they'd remove Fast Pass options. If everyone's going to have to pick two from shows in order to be able to book additional Fast Passes that day, then there need to be second tier shows available to book to use up the initial three.
I think the idea is to just spread the crowds around more to the shows and attractions that can hold more people. That way not everyone will be heading to the same 3 rides and will instead be taking part in other things in the park. It makes sense, it's just not what anyone wants. And it's obviously not ideal if you want to ride the headliners.

I think the idea is to just spread the crowds around more to the shows and attractions that can hold more people. That way not everyone will be heading to the same 3 rides and will instead be taking part in other things in the park. It makes sense, it's just not what anyone wants. And it's obviously not ideal if you want to ride the headliners.

Yes it will spread the crowds out more, but the reason they are doing this is to free up more main attraction FPs for the surplus of guests.

Am I infuriated by this? Absolutely, however this all makes sense.
Disney has finally answered the question of where all the people are going to go when Galaxy’s Edge opens. They’ll be in 3 hour standby lines for rides that opened 20 years ago.

Only if they choose to be. I don't think tiering is going to cause 3 hr lines. SWGE is. We are going, we'll do the extra hours and we'll be prepared to be in long, long lines. This is what happens when Disney creates something amazing. The alternative is for them to not do it or for us to stay home. I'll take the lines.

Hey if everyone uses the EEMH at 6am then you don't need to worry about this! ;)

Yes, I know it hasn't been extended past November 2...

I think that's what it will come down to for us. November 5th is our HS day. If they extend EEMH or offer EMH, we'll go to HS unless earlier reports tell us crowds are miserable even during EEMH. If they have regular hours, we'll skip HS this trip and do AK or MK again. I just hope we know the status of early November EMH before our FP day!

The only way this makes sense to me is if they add an additional fastpass “tier” for timed-entry into SWGE. Fingers crossed.

The only way this makes sense to me is if they add an additional fastpass “tier” for timed-entry into SWGE. Fingers crossed.
So basically a fastpass? A fastpass is pretty much a “timed-entry” for a ride or attraction. I could be wrong and I would love to have some insight into how crowds will be controlled but I don’t think they will do that since they’ve already said no fastpasses.

So basically a fastpass? A fastpass is pretty much a “timed-entry” for a ride or attraction. I could be wrong and I would love to have some insight into how crowds will be controlled but I don’t think they will do that since they’ve already said no fastpasses.
They said no FP for the falcon. My hope is that given the success at DL, they’ll do a similar system of timed entry into SWGE for WDW (maybe with a standby line as well). If you’re going to do this, makes sense to use the existing MDE/FP infrastructure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter