FP TIER changes at DHS as of August 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this happens, I am sure Disney will offer a full refund to guests with tickets purchased before but dated after the change since this would have a major effect on the guest experience. /s
It already has happened, so no need for an "if". And yea, no, that seems more than a bit ridiculous to me. Disney isn't going to refund people's tickets for that. I don't even see any reason why. Is it a bummer? Sure, but not sure how it's a major effect on your experience. One or 2 less rides to get an advanced FP for in one park? Plus this is far from the first time they've restructured the tiering system.

I know it’s impossible to predict but does anyone have any ideas how the rest of HS will look during the EMH 6-9? We’ll be down end of September and had planned to go on a Monday before they announced the opening. My kids wake up at the crack of dawn anyway so that isn’t a big deal. We’d love to see GE but if lines are insane, and the rest of the park is open, I’m thinking we could do what we need to much before lunch time. Have they said what will and won’t be open during EMH is it just GE? When will they announce this? Because if it is we will switch to AK or something for this day instead.

Why??? I hate this idea. Hopefully something changes by the hokidays
What most everyone is saying is that Disney anticipates an increase in crowds at Hollywood Studios when SW:GE opens. Because of this, Disney wants to help spread the crowds out to some of the other attractions instead of just the few headliners that most people always go to. So instead of everyone going to SDD, ToT, and RRC or something like that, they'll have to go to SDD, Star Tours, and Frozen, just as an example. It's frustrating for everyone, but I do understand why they're making the change. It doesn't mean I like it, but I understand it.

Yea with kids it would change things. Obviously it’d be different with each family and if you know your kids can easily adjust then it would be worth it I think. Just take a nap later in the day

I think it’s great that Disney is opening the park at 6:00 for people that this will work for but can we please stop pretending like this is of a solution to the problem of taking away 2 our our 3 fast passes.
We don’t have kids with us and still have zero desire to wake up at the ungodly hour of 4:30 am on vacation to get to Hollywood studios when the gates open at 6:00 am.

There was nothing any different in those screen shots than how the CL paid trial program has worked in the past.

You get 6 FPs, 3 “extra” ones that can be used in any tier in any park... and 3 “regular” ones that must still follow regular tier and park usage rules.

So a paid CL FP person can book 4 tier 1’s in a day.

I’m not well versed in the specifics here. I just know the first reports came from club level guests.
Yes, that’s why I asked as the CL extras were supposed to be any tier and any park, just wondering if that has changed for HS.

Yes, it is confirmed and active as CL FP+ are booking 90 days out and seeing this. Not ideal, but it is honestly understandable.

Not thinking too deep here but is it possible that this plan is ONLY for CL FP+ with early booking? to force them to spread their FP+ choices a bit? Right now we have no idea if this will impact the standard three?

As I said, several people have. I'm not going to rehash.
Please rehash. We always stay in a deluxe resort and receive zero benefits in the parks as far as I’m aware of. I would love to know what I am missing out on.
I am just catching up on the last few pages but have read every post on the thread as this latest screw you from Disney affects my upcoming trip.

Not thinking too deep here but is it possible that this plan is ONLY for CL FP+ with early booking? to force them to spread their FP+ choices a bit? Right now we have no idea if this will impact the standard three?
I doubt that. I can’t see the CL FP+ having that much an impact.

Soooo, it almost seems like the powers that be will soon be forcing people to go to either TSL or GE, kinda like my upcoming early September trip beginning at 6am when we will head to TSL and hope to get to do all 3 rides there. And when RotR is open, I can't believe they could lump every highly desired ride, all 7, into one tier (all 3 toy story, 2 GE, and RRC and ToT) Surely they will do some rearranging then-

I think it’s great that Disney is opening the park at 6:00 for people that this will work for but can we please stop pretending like this is of a solution to the problem of taking away 2 our our 3 fast passes.
We don’t have kids with us and still have zero desire to wake up at the ungodly hour of 4:30 am on vacation to get to Hollywood studios when the gates open at 6:00 am.

While it's not an option I'd use for TSL rides, it is an option some can use. There are other choices as well- park hopping 1/2 days will do it too. The thing is, it is what it is and we can either figure out a way to make it work or not. It's only recently they dropped the tier for TOT and RRC. This is just going back to it and most likely will change once SWGE is sorted out. No one likes tiering, but I don't see how else they handle the huge increase in crowds that is coming.

Soooo, it almost seems like the powers that be will soon be forcing people to go to either TSL or GE, kinda like my upcoming early September trip beginning at 6am when we will head to TSL and hope to get to do all 3 rides there. And when RotR is open, I can't believe they could lump every highly desired ride, all 7, into one tier (all 3 toy story, 2 GE, and RRC and ToT) Surely they will do some rearranging then-

Maybe the plan is to have the 2 GE as Tier 1 only (like Pandora in AK) once they open them up for fastpass booking and everything else will fall to Tier 2. That would be my guess, anyway.

Doesn't help to explain what is potentially an interim step of this current change being discussed other than it may help them figure out the demand for what will eventually be the phase 2 rides.

That might be a possibility. But they are still charging these CL guests $50 a day for this privilege per person on top of the higher room cost that club level brings. They can’t charge them and then disadvantage them.

This may push more people to do EMH events since they won't be able to ride anything worth while during the day

There is only a limited number of people who can use EMH regardless. I plan on getting there early with the family but it has zero things to do with TOT moving to Tier 1. I would think most people won't even know the tiers changed.

I am beyond pissed about this. So I’ll spend the entirety of my DHS days in line.

Universal is going to be a welcome change when we switch to it for the latter part of our vacation. Disney is really screwing up all my plans.

So moving a couple rieds to Tier 1 makes you stand in line all day? If anything this might mean you are more likely to get additional Tier 1s as people are stuck with a 7pm Star Wars and unable to book a 4th/5th/6th Tier 1 ride.

We will just spend less/no time in DHS if the lines are ridiculous. We go often enough that a day at the pool would be a welcome and much less exepnsive change.

Exactly if they are crazy bounce. Personally it wouldn't really save much at adding a park day at Day 6/7/8 is not very expensive.

That's just down right horrible. Spend hundreds of dollars for a family of 4 to get into the park, and only be guranteed to ride one ride.

Disney can do better than this, and they should.

Why only one ride? Get Star Tours (that is a second FP+), scan some fluff show, and then get additional Tier 1 FP+ the day of since many people will be locked in unable to get a 4th FP+ because they have Star Wars locked in at like 7PM. You can also easily stand in lines away from the Star Wars area in the morning likely for quicker stand by lines.

The best solution to this madness is to do 1 ride in EPCOT and then hop to DHS. Then do as many Tier 1s in a row as you can pickup... If you can get to DHS (after another park) within the first hour, it should be pretty easy pickings.

Not really at all and I hope everyone does your suggestion. You will not get in to Epcot until 1 hour after HS is open (3 hours if staying on site). You will completely miss out on Star Wars guaranteed except possibly catching one during a refresh. Your "4th FP+" actually becomes your 1st HS FP of the day.

Instead you just want to book 2 early Tier 2 attractions that you can scan and skip. Then you are on to your 4th FP+ as soon as your Tier 1 ends. Depending how early they open up Star Wars Fast Pass reservations in the day I would expect to be on to booking my 4th one right after I ride that. I can book all the way out to 60+9 so shouldn't have an issue grabbing something early on one of those days (if it is even needed during the EEMH).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter