FP day tomorrow, same day as 2020 packages becoming available. Am I doomed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moneypenny

Mouseketeer
My FP day is tomorrow, and it also happens to be the same day that 2020 packages will be available to book online. I seem to remember past threads where MDE gets overwhelmed with folks trying to book packages and it causes a lot of frustration for those trying to make their FP selections. Should I just prepare for things to go badly, or has it been better lately?

I would have the number ready to dial for help and at 7am if things aren’t working dial it and make them wait with you.

I was able to book my FPs at 6 am. Sometimes they don't release the packages, even through MDE, until 7 am. However, other times I've gotten up at 4 am and was able to book a package. Hope it goes well for you in the morning.

I was able to book my FPs at 6 am. Sometimes they don't release the packages, even through MDE, until 7 am. However, other times I've gotten up at 4 am and was able to book a package. Hope it goes well for you in the morning.
Are you in the eastern time zone? My fp day is tomorrow too so hoping for best.

Que sera sera. Nothing you can do about it now, so take a deep breath and try not to stress!

As an update, the system worked fine for me this morning. I couldn't get SDD or TOT for 60+1, and no FOP for 60+2, but the rest of the scheduling went fine. I knew it was a potential problem having DHS and AK early in the trip, but we'll make it work.

Worked fine for me this morning. Got SDD and TOT at 60+2 and FOP at 60+4. Ended up with everything we wanted except could only get SDMT on 60+1 in evening and that won’t work for us but we have it three other days so no biggie. Glad its done!

Worked for me too. I got 7DMT on 60+0, had tons of options at EP on 60+2 (ends up going for test track for our tier 1, but good times were available for frozen and sorin’), no success with FOP on 60+1 but I got it on 60+4 in the afternoon. We will hop over in the afternoon from MK. It wasn’t ideal but then again, we will now divide our AK day in 2. I booked all our FP+ before noon on 8/18 so we can just hop somewhere else in the late afternoon/evening. I got SDD at 3:00 on 60+5. Would have preferred an earlier time, but we can make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter