FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going forward, the updated Disney Terms of Service needs to be followed when pre-booking FPs in MDE:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/park-experience-terms-conditions/
  • The valid theme park admission associated with your Site/App account and used to make FastPass+ selections must be the same valid theme park admission that you will use for entry into the park on the day the FastPass+selections are redeemed.
This does mean that discussion of booking or using FPs using ticket media that will not be used for admission into the parks (extra tickets, APs belonging to others, FPs for family members who decide not to enter a park, etc.) will not be allowed as that would be circumventing Disney TOS.

Finally they link admission to FP+ booking now.

This was really helpful. My plan on 12/1...I have 9am Seas booked at Epcot and 3pm FEA. If ROL debuts we want to go see it that night at AK. I have no idea if there will be FP availability the day of for ROL but if it is then we could scan our bands at the seas and while in line I can try and book a FP for ROL at AK...and still keep my afternoon FP for FEA!

I do have a couple of questions if you'll bear with me...

If I'm planning to go to another park after using my 3 FPs in the park I'm in, can I use the kiosk in the first park to plan my FPs for the next park? For example if I'm in Epcot and I plan to go to DHS, will the kiosks in Epcot allow me to look up any FPs for DHS or do I have to do that in DHS?

I ask because my phone is not compatible with MDE (not even in desktop form), so I would have to rely on the kiosks or my friend's Iphone. My other question is tablets, would they work in the parks and can we bring them? My tablet is about the size of an Ipad Mini but should be able to access DME much much better than my phone can provided the wireless connection is strong.

If I'm planning to go to another park after using my 3 FPs in the park I'm in, can I use the kiosk in the first park to plan my FPs for the next park? For example if I'm in Epcot and I plan to go to DHS, will the kiosks in Epcot allow me to look up any FPs for DHS or do I have to do that in DHS?
If using a kiosk, you can only access FPs for that specific park.

I ask because my phone is not compatible with MDE (not even in desktop form), so I would have to rely on the kiosks or my friend's Iphone. My other question is tablets, would they work in the parks and can we bring them? My tablet is about the size of an Ipad Mini but should be able to access DME much much better than my phone can provided the wireless connection is strong.
You can book for any park when using the app.

Kiosks are limited to the park you are in.

Currently I have 3 FP booked at MK for one of our days. I actually don't think we will need all of them as we will only be there until lunch. We will take a break then go to DHS. If we use our first FP at MK and then decide to book 2 at DHS, do I need to cancel the 2 at MK or modify? Thanks!

Currently I have 3 FP booked at MK for one of our days. I actually don't think we will need all of them as we will only be there until lunch. We will take a break then go to DHS. If we use our first FP at MK and then decide to book 2 at DHS, do I need to cancel the 2 at MK or modify? Thanks!
Cancel, then book 2 at HS.

Modify will only let you change within the same park.

I am having trouble checking availability. I have 3 fast passes made but I want to check availability of another ride. I followed the instructions above, but it won't let me continue beyond the warning. It tells me that everyone in my party has the capacity of fast passes available. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong? I tried on both my computer and my phone app, and neither will let me move forward. Any advice?

I am having trouble checking availability. I have 3 fast passes made but I want to check availability of another ride. I followed the instructions above, but it won't let me continue beyond the warning. It tells me that everyone in my party has the capacity of fast passes available. I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong? I tried on both my computer and my phone app, and neither will let me move forward. Any advice?
For another ride in the same park/same day, choose 1 of your booked FPs and choose Modify. You'll see what is available except for the time periods where you already have FPs.

Did Disney change the way you are able to get an additional tier one fp?? Though I was able to do it multiple times when I was there in September, a friend of mine is there now saying after she used her first three in Epcot, when she tried to book test trac as her fourth the app said she already use her tier one for the day. Is this something new??

Did Disney change the way you are able to get an additional tier one fp?? Though I was able to do it multiple times when I was there in September, a friend of mine is there now saying after she used her first three in Epcot, when she tried to book test trac as her fourth the app said she already use her tier one for the day. Is this something new??
She should be able to book a 2nd Tier 2 after she has used all 3. @marciemi ~ have you noted any changes?

She should be able to book a 2nd Tier 2 after she has used all 3. @marciemi ~ have you noted any changes?
I haven't seen any changes but haven't tested this specific situation very recently. My guess though would be that either she didn't scan correctly at one of the FPP locations or, more likely, that she wasn't booking the additional FP right afterwards. A lot of times it shows that on the first page but if you click the "some members of your party may be eligible for additional FP's" and use the + button like you're doing a new FP it acts differently than just trying to select another FP from the screen showing current ones. I know that sounds confusing and without FPP's booked I can't explain it any better but I'd just recommend she make sure she's using the + button. And continue going through the whole process - I also have found sometimes it gives you that warning but it's really just telling you that you already had one but it will still let you select another for your fourth.

I haven't seen any changes but haven't tested this specific situation very recently. My guess though would be that either she didn't scan correctly at one of the FPP locations or, more likely, that she wasn't booking the additional FP right afterwards. A lot of times it shows that on the first page but if you click the "some members of your party may be eligible for additional FP's" and use the + button like you're doing a new FP it acts differently than just trying to select another FP from the screen showing current ones. I know that sounds confusing and without FPP's booked I can't explain it any better but I'd just recommend she make sure she's using the + button. And continue going through the whole process - I also have found sometimes it gives you that warning but it's really just telling you that you already had one but it will still let you select another for your fourth.
Thanks for your help, Marcie. It's difficult to assist when it isn't clear what steps the guest used. :)

Thanks for your help, Marcie. It's difficult to assist when it isn't clear what steps the guest used. :)
Sorry, I thought my post seemed clear. She had used all three of her fps, went to book a fourth which was a tier 1 but the app kept saying she had already used a tier one fp for the day. My question was if Disney is only allowing one tier one fp regardless whether you finished using your first three or not. I had no problems doing it in September, example: Epcot we had frozen, nemo and living with the land. Once I was finished I was able to book Soarin, after that we booked test trac.

Sorry, I thought my post seemed clear. She had used all three of her fps, went to book a fourth which was a tier 1 but the app kept saying she had already used a tier one fp for the day. My question was if Disney is only allowing one tier one fp regardless whether you finished using your first three or not. I had no problems doing it in September, example: Epcot we had frozen, nemo and living with the land. Once I was finished I was able to book Soarin, after that we booked test trac.
And Marcie replied that the app provides that info and you continue with the booking for the next FP.

Without knowing what your friend was exactly attempting and whether she even attempted to continue with the booking beyond the app info, it's difficult to provide an answer for relayed info.

To clarify more, yes you need to have used both Tier 2's or let them expire before trying to book another Tier 1 (in addition of course to the Tier 1 being used). As far as I'm aware you can still then book your fourth FPP as a Tier 1 or 2 but you sometimes get that warning message. You should then just continue to select an available time and continue. I know I have pics of this posted somewhere but I'm sitting at the Orlando airport right now and can't access them easily.

I think the question was more wondering "how" she was attempting the booking as many of these issues are due to user error instead of system.....not to say that there certainly haven't been issues! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!