FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 3 FPs booked at Epcot- Figment, SE & TT (in that order). I've never let a FP expire before but I'm wanting to skip my early Figment FP. Will it just go away once i tap in for SE? and am i understanding it correctly that once i tap in for TT i can start looking for a 4th FP and it can be a Tier 1?
If you really don't want/need your Figment FP, why don't you just cancel it now? Then you could either set up another one for in the same park now, or set up one for another park (if you're hopping) after you tap into SE.

I have 3 FPs booked at Epcot- Figment, SE & TT (in that order). I've never let a FP expire before but I'm wanting to skip my early Figment FP. Will it just go away once i tap in for SE? and am i understanding it correctly that once i tap in for TT i can start looking for a 4th FP and it can be a Tier 1?
It should go away once you use your TT FP+. You will then see the "guests eligible" for additional FP+ in MDE.

If figment closes and you get an anytime FP+, you will need to clear a second tier 2. You can always grab one and tap it to get rid of it.

If you really don't want/need your Figment FP, why don't you just cancel it now? Then you could either set up another one for in the same park now, or set up one for another park (if you're hopping) after you tap into SE.
I think OP wants another tier 1 attraction within Epcot which would require clearing 1 tier 1 and 2 tier 2s. If OP wanted to go to HS or AK and look for Toy Story or Avatar, a 2nd tier 2 would not have to be used/canceled/cleared.

I think OP wants another tier 1 attraction within Epcot which would require clearing 1 tier 1 and 2 tier 2s. If OP wanted to go to HS or AK and look for Toy Story or Avatar, a 2nd tier 2 would not have to be used/canceled/cleared.
Gotcha! :thumbsup2

FP strategy question.... so this morning splash mountain was down. I’m assuming due to the cold weather maybe? Anyways, I went into change FP’s and saw it was available in 5 minutes.

If I had changed to this, would have our FP’s turned multi experience and we could immediately pick up another FP?

We didn’t do it, but just want to make sure I understand for next time.

Can I get some help with trying to check on FPP availability?

I have DHS FPP for TSM, RnRC, and ST. I'd like to move RnRC earlier and TSM later. I'm running into an interesting issue.

When I try to modify RnRC it shows no earlier times but plenty of later times. Fine. Makes sense. But when I try to modify TSM it shows no TSM FPP available (not surprising) but it also shows no availability for RnRC even though I know there are a bunch available. Doesn't seem to be Tier related as there are other Tier 2 FPPs showing up.

Really doesn't matter much but if I see different times for TSM, it'd be nice to know what times are available for RnRC so I can chose wisely.

And because now I'm curious....

Can I get some help with trying to check on FPP availability?

I have DHS FPP for TSM, RnRC, and ST. I'd like to move RnRC earlier and TSM later. I'm running into an interesting issue.

When I try to modify RnRC it shows no earlier times but plenty of later times. Fine. Makes sense. But when I try to modify TSM it shows no TSM FPP available (not surprising) but it also shows no availability for RnRC even though I know there are a bunch available. Doesn't seem to be Tier related as there are other Tier 2 FPPs showing up.

Really doesn't matter much but if I see different times for TSM, it'd be nice to know what times are available for RnRC so I can chose wisely.

And because now I'm curious....

If you are modifying one FP it won't show you available FP's for other FP's that you already have. The system can't handle making 2 changes for 1.

I think when you are modifying a tier 1, it will show you all available FP+ that you don't have already (tier 1 and tier 2) but only if they are available of course. When you were trying to modify TSM it will not show you RnRC or ST because you already have them. I hope this makes sense.

If you are modifying one FP it won't show you available FP's for other FP's that you already have. The system can't handle making 2 changes for 1.

Ah. Got it. Bummer. Knew I couldn't modify both in the same move but was hoping to be able to see availability all at once. So, if RnRC is at 10 and I see a TSM pop up for 10, it will make me cancel RnRC and then I have to hope to find a RnRC later, right?

I think when you are modifying a tier 1, it will show you all available FP+ that you don't have already (tier 1 and tier 2) but only if they are available of course. When you were trying to modify TSM it will not show you RnRC or ST because you already have them. I hope this makes sense.

Thanks!

Ah. Got it. Bummer. Knew I couldn't modify both in the same move but was hoping to be able to see availability all at once. So, if RnRC is at 10 and I see a TSM pop up for 10, it will make me cancel RnRC and then I have to hope to find a RnRC later, right?
You actually won’t see TSM at 10 as an option if RnRC is already booked at 10.

You actually won’t see TSM at 10 as an option if RnRC is already booked at 10.

Oh, I know my chances are slim. But I go hunting when I'm on an elevator or waiting to pick up a kid. We actually are doing EMM that day so we will have had a ton of TSL time. But TSM is a family favorite and now I'm just being greedy.

I was playing around with FP availability today getting ready for our up coming trip. This afternoon I noticed while in the “afternoon” category on the app it would state There are no more FP for this experience, but if I then clicked on the “evening” category, a 1:30 and 2:50 time popped up. Sometimes if there was nothing “available” in the afternoon or evening categories I’d start clicking on random times, 1:30, 4:00, etc and several available times would pop up.

Now granted this was for tier 2 rides but I found it to be true with several different rides. Is this the norm and I just missed it in previous posts?

I was playing around with FP availability today getting ready for our up coming trip. This afternoon I noticed while in the “afternoon” category on the app it would state There are no more FP for this experience, but if I then clicked on the “evening” category, a 1:30 and 2:50 time popped up. Sometimes if there was nothing “available” in the afternoon or evening categories I’d start clicking on random times, 1:30, 4:00, etc and several available times would pop up.

Now granted this was for tier 2 rides but I found it to be true with several different rides. Is this the norm and I just missed it in previous posts?

The same thing happens if you keep clicking the same time. Each refresh can bring different results. I prefer to use the app and click on times instead of Afternoon/Evening but the same thing occurs either way.

Oh, I know my chances are slim. But I go hunting when I'm on an elevator or waiting to pick up a kid. We actually are doing EMM that day so we will have had a ton of TSL time. But TSM is a family favorite and now I'm just being greedy.
I wasn’t referring to your odds, I meant that the system will not show you any available times that overlap with another existing FP. If you want to see everything out there you need to cancel one of your booked FPs and try and book TSM as a “new” FP - then you’ll see everything. In that case, yes, you’d have to cancel any FP with an overlapping window to pick it up. Good luck. I’m a firm believer in anything being possible with enough stalking!!

Sorry if this is a stupid question, I have read through things!

I hope to be able to use “refresh” to get some additional FP when we’re there at the end of March. When I look at Touring Plans (like I just did), it looks like there are almost no FPs left for the day. The only ones not listed as gone are Dumbo, IASW and UTS, and those aren’t until this evening. Is this inaccurate? Are there more than these usually available? I see people saying the can find almost everything but a few headliners—and modify to a lot closer.

I guess the TP info is just depressing.

I hope to be able to use “refresh” to get some additional FP when we’re there at the end of March. When I look at Touring Plans (like I just did), it looks like there are almost no FPs left for the day. The only ones not listed as gone are Dumbo, IASW and UTS, and those aren’t until this evening. Is this inaccurate? Are there more than these usually available? I see people saying the can find almost everything but a few headliners—and modify to a lot closer.

TP just shows what is available at one glance at a certain time. FP's are constantly changing especially day of as people change plans, move FP's around, etc.

When something says it's out for the day, the short answer is don't believe it, hence, just keep refreshing to see what comes up. As people change plans and cancel FP's or change them around, they pop up as available. When you see a ride you want, snag it, and then try to modify it closer to a time you want.

I just checked FP availability in the app for March 20th (won't let me check any farther, our trip ends March 9th) and there are FPs available for everything, even SDMT! So it's hard for me to believe TP's calculations. :confused3

Thanks, all! I appreciate the reassurance. :love: That’s more aligned with what I’ve read on the boards. It’s going to be busy while we’re there, but I’ll keep trying more than I did in past trips (usually every 2-3 years). I have a package through Disney so I can’t check see any Fastpass availablity myself until Tuesday (my 60 days).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter