FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you!
Is there a FAQ somewhere of rides where it is relatively easy to get same day 4th(+) FP+ after using the first three prebooked ones? Sorry if this has been answered on one of the pages of this or the other FP+ thread. There are so many pages to read - I did my best but may have missed it!

Is there a FAQ somewhere of rides where it is relatively easy to get same day 4th(+) FP+ after using the first three prebooked ones? Sorry if this has been answered on one of the pages of this or the other FP+ thread. There are so many pages to read - I did my best but may have missed it!
There's really such a variety of parameters for “day of” FPs that it can’t be predicted. On a really crowded day, there won’t be any availability even for rides that aren’t popular.

The FP FAQ by @mesaboy2 does address availability in this post:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions.3491680/#post-55337496

There's really such a variety of parameters for “day of” FPs that it can’t be predicted. On a really crowded day, there won’t be any availability even for rides that aren’t popular.

The FP FAQ by @mesaboy2 does address availability in this post:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/fastpass-frequently-asked-questions.3491680/#post-55337496
Thanks! Sorry to miss that in the FAQ. I’ve just been reading all the threads about how busy the parks are and am trying to plan for the worst when we go the first week of March. It’s our first time going as adults (taking our 7 year old on her first trip) and I’m starting to feel behind the eight ball among all you expert veterans who can really navigate well. I’m hoping the fact that there are just three of us will make it slightly easier. I appreciate all you do to help us newbies do the best we can to plan!

Thanks! Sorry to miss that in the FAQ. I’ve just been reading all the threads about how busy the parks are and am trying to plan for the worst when we go the first week of March. It’s our first time going as adults (taking our 7 year old on her first trip) and I’m starting to feel behind the eight ball among all you expert veterans who can really navigate well. I’m hoping the fact that there are just three of us will make it slightly easier. I appreciate all you do to help us newbies do the best we can to plan!
Be sure to begin your search for FP#4 as soon as you enter the FP line for FP#3. Do the same for any others. :)

Be sure to begin your search for FP#4 as soon as you enter the FP line for FP#3. Do the same for any others. :)
Oh, I’m definitely planning to use the trick of moving up each subsequent FP after scanning in then looking for 4th as soon as we scan in for our 3rd. That tip is genius! Thanks!

Has anyone had difficulty booking a fourth FPP if their 3 FPPs expired but were not necessarily used?
For example, I have FPPs for a few rides for me, DH and DS but I'm not sure if DS will end up riding some of the rides due to being scared, etc. So he may not actually tap in on all of his FPPs but they will eventually expire.
I've heard some people say that unless you actually use all 3 of your FPPs then you can't book a 4th.

Has anyone had difficulty booking a fourth FPP if their 3 FPPs expired but were not necessarily used?
For example, I have FPPs for a few rides for me, DH and DS but I'm not sure if DS will end up riding some of the rides due to being scared, etc. So he may not actually tap in on all of his FPPs but they will eventually expire.
I've heard some people say that unless you actually use all 3 of your FPPs then you can't book a 4th.
If he doesn’t use any of his 3, Cancel each one and then you can book 3 FPs for him.

If he doesn’t use any of his 3, Cancel each one and then you can book 3 FPs for him.

Ok, but how about the following example:
My DH, DS and I all ride Safaris with Fast pass
My DS decides not to ride EE but DH and I do (using our FPs; son doesn't use his)
My DS decides not to ride FOP but DH and I do (using our FPs)
Now I'm not sure how to schedule a 4th FP for DS. If the FPP times for DS for FOP and EE have expired can I book a 4th FPP for him?
I guess I'm wondering if I have to have my son come up and scan his band and then just walk back out of the line up.

Ok, but how about the following example:
My DH, DS and I all ride Safaris with Fast pass
My DS decides not to ride EE but DH and I do (using our FPs; son doesn't use his)
My DS decides not to ride FOP but DH and I do (using our FPs)
Now I'm not sure how to schedule a 4th FP for DS. If the FPP times for DS for FOP and EE have expired can I book a 4th FPP for him?
I guess I'm wondering if I have to have my son come up and scan his band and then just walk back out of the line up.
Whoever rides EE and FoP can take the kid’s MB and scan it at the touchpoint when they enter the FP line to use up the FP. Or, one of you can use the MB to ride FoP and EE a second time. You don’t need to waste the FP by allowing it to expire or by tapping it out.

Whoever rides EE and FoP can take the kid’s MB and scan it at the touchpoint when they enter the FP line to use up the FP. Or, one of you can use the MB to ride FoP and EE a second time. You don’t need to waste the FP by allowing it to expire or by tapping it out.

Oh ok, that makes sense. thank you :)

Quick question. I emailed guest services about some transportation issues we had on a recent visit. They emailed back and informed me they had arranged for my family to get two additional Disney FastPass+ selections for two days during our next trip. They told me to bring the case number and photo ID to any theme park guest relations window where arrangements would be made for up to six individuals to visit two attractions of our choice per day.

Anyone with any experience know if these would be two anytime FPs?

My 60 days mark was last Friday and booked my FP for 3 park days. I have a room package. Is there anyway to check FP for park days before my check in day? I will be in the Orlando area a few days prior to check in and wondering how that will work if we want to go to a park a day early? I didn't see this exact scenario in a previous post so forgive me if it has been asked already. Thanks

My 60 days mark was last Friday and booked my FP for 3 park days. I have a room package. Is there anyway to check FP for park days before my check in day? I will be in the Orlando area a few days prior to check in and wondering how that will work if we want to go to a park a day early? I didn't see this exact scenario in a previous post so forgive me if it has been asked already. Thanks

No, sorry. From the main FP FAQ (Booking Windows):
- For purposes of booking FPs, tickets bought as part of a Disney room/ticket package behave differently than tickets bought separately. This distinction has major implications for booking FPs in some situations. Put simply, package tickets are not valid for any dates prior to the room check-in date. Tickets bought separately are valid immediately. It is never advantageous to have package tickets if a guest will be at Disney before their package starts. Additionally, package tickets complicate FP booking scenarios where two linked groups arrive on separate dates.

Ok. I did see that and I did not fully understand. I get it now. Thank you.

You can activate and use your tickets early, but unfortunately not until you are on site. Once that is done, you can book FPs for those earlier days. Of course, FP availability for high-demand attractions will be much less.

Quick question. I emailed guest services about some transportation issues we had on a recent visit. They emailed back and informed me they had arranged for my family to get two additional Disney FastPass+ selections for two days during our next trip. They told me to bring the case number and photo ID to any theme park guest relations window where arrangements would be made for up to six individuals to visit two attractions of our choice per day.

Anyone with any experience know if these would be two anytime FPs?
Similar to anytime, but likely have restrictions. For example, the ones we got we had to choose the park and date. Then they were further restricted from there. But you’d need to ask about your specific situation as it may be different.

Rider swap question - DD is definitely too short for a couple of attractions. DS is under 3, so no FPs needed for him (I think?).

If we want to take advantage of rider swap on say, RNRC, do we need to book a FP for DD even though we know she's too short? Or do we just book for the 2 adults, show up as a family, then one does the FP time and the other takes the rider swap FP?

Rider swap question - DD is definitely too short for a couple of attractions. DS is under 3, so no FPs needed for him (I think?).

If we want to take advantage of rider swap on say, RNRC, do we need to book a FP for DD even though we know she's too short? Or do we just book for the 2 adults, show up as a family, then one does the FP time and the other takes the rider swap FP?
Only 1 Adult needs a RNRC FP. The 2nd adult rides using the RS Pass.

Only 1 Adult needs a RNRC FP. The 2nd adult rides using the RS Pass.

Thank you for the reply... Am I going crazy though, or did I just recently read that someone had a hard time at 7DMT in a similar scenario because only one adult had a FP?

Thank you for the reply... Am I going crazy though, or did I just recently read that someone had a hard time at 7DMT in a similar scenario because only one adult had a FP?
You may have “recently” read it but it happened awhile ago and the Guest was able to receive the Swap Pass.

With kids that are too small to ride, only one adult needs a FP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!