FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also can’t find my fps in the app. I can see next fp and it shows the first on the first day. When I click view all plans, I only see hotel and dining reservations.

Seems to be a common issue. First try to delete and reinstall the app. If it still won't work then maybe just use the mobile site instead of the app.

Not sure if this is the correct place to ask, if we have fastpasses for a party of four and only two want to ride, can those two ride again during the window with the other two magic bands? Is it frowned upon?

Thanks!!!

A question about checking FP availability. The wiki states, "The system does not show ride availability for time slots that are blocked by original FP Return Windows.".

If we are at MK, and if we've booked our FPs (for example) as below, how early could we get our 4th FP? Specifically...

FP1: 9AM to 10AM
FP2: 10AM to 11AM
FP3: 11AM to 12PM
FP4: Would we be able to get our 4th FP for a time between 11AM and 12PM, once we've tapped into the 3rd FP?

Sorry if the question doesn't make any sense. Appreciate all of the help that I have received so far.

Last edited:
A question about checking FP availability. The wiki states, "The system does not show ride availability for time slots that are blocked by original FP Return Windows.".

It we are at MK, and if we've booked our FPs (for example) as below, how early could we get our 4th FP? Specifically...

FP1: 9AM to 10AM
FP2: 10AM to 11AM
FP3: 11AM to 12PM
FP4: Would we be able to get our 4th FP for a time between 11AM and 12PM, once we've tapped into the 3rd FP?

Sorry if the question doesn't make any sense. Appreciate all of the help that I have received so far.

Yes. This is a common tactic.

In fact, you can modify your second FP to an earlier time once you’ve tapped into the first (assuming anything available). Ditto third after second.

Yes. This is a common tactic.

In fact, you can modify your second FP to an earlier time once you’ve tapped into the first (assuming anything available). Ditto third after second.
Thank you so much! Truly appreciate this board and all of the help.

In the past I have eventually been able to score a FOP FP after MANY numerous attempts. My numerous attempts to modify are not working to score a SDD FP.

Is it possible that any FPs that are released are being held until Disney releases them in bulk, perhaps within the 30 day window? (Or maybe it’s just harder to have success because more people are learning how to modify their selections.)

Last edited:
In the past I have eventually been able to score a FOP FP after MANY numerous attempts. My numerous attempts to modify are not working to score a SDD FP.

Is it possible that any FPs that are released are being held until Disney releases them in bulk, perhaps within the 30 day window? (Or maybe it’s just harder to have success because more people are learning how to modify their selections.)

Anything’s possible. However—with one exception—there is no evidence that they’ve ever done this in the past.

I am park hopping from MK to HS for a 4:50 reservation at Hollywood and Vine. We will only be at HS for a few hours. I have early FP reservations for Thunder Mountain (9am), Peter Pan (10am), and SDMT (11:10am). If one of the Toy Story Land rides is available as a fourth FP, do I tie up my 4th FP for a ride at HS? Or is there a better strategy?

Question: for the CL FP+ I know there are 3 FP+ you can't change, so for AK I would pick FOP, Navi and Expedition Everest for those. But for the 3 normal entitlements that I woudld get that day anyway that can be changed, has anyone had success USING them for the same 3 rides? The CM @ DSS said once you tap your MB at the ride, both FPs for that one ride will be used up.

I am park hopping from MK to HS for a 4:50 reservation at Hollywood and Vine. We will only be at HS for a few hours. I have early FP reservations for Thunder Mountain (9am), Peter Pan (10am), and SDMT (11:10am). If one of the Toy Story Land rides is available as a fourth FP, do I tie up my 4th FP for a ride at HS? Or is there a better strategy?

It depends on what you want to do. Personally I would FP the ride in HS and do shows and less popular rides with lower waits during the middle of the day at MK. I'm assuming you'll leave MK around 3:30ish. I think that's enough time to kill with a little lunch or snack, Philharmagic, Laugh Floor, Country Bears and anything else you may have time for.

Question: for the CL FP+ I know there are 3 FP+ you can't change, so for AK I would pick FOP, Navi and Expedition Everest for those. But for the 3 normal entitlements that I woudld get that day anyway that can be changed, has anyone had success USING them for the same 3 rides? The CM @ DSS said once you tap your MB at the ride, both FPs for that one ride will be used up.
The CM gave incorrect info.

You have to book 3 different regular FPs. As soon as you end the phone call, you can Modify your regular FPs to what you want within the park Tiering Guidelines.

But what if you don’t want to deal with riding or tapping at Tier 2’s at all? The other alternative is to simply schedule your two Tier 2’s before your Tier 1 and let them expire before you get to the Tier 1. This would allow you to book another Tier 1 as soon as you tapped at the first.

Is this still correct? This is my first visit coming up without my youngest, who uses a wheelchair at Disney (so we totally tour differently). Next month it's just DH and me, and I have booked pretty much what we want to do. But, for one day when we have FOP at AK, I'd like to see if we can book the Navi River ride after (it seems not as popular). I thought I had read somewhere that if you don't actually use a FP+ then it doesn't "count" now. If it does, I may change a couple things. Thanks to all the experts here!

But what if you don’t want to deal with riding or tapping at Tier 2’s at all? The other alternative is to simply schedule your two Tier 2’s before your Tier 1 and let them expire before you get to the Tier 1. This would allow you to book another Tier 1 as soon as you tapped at the first.

Is this still correct? This is my first visit coming up without my youngest, who uses a wheelchair at Disney (so we totally tour differently). Next month it's just DH and me, and I have booked pretty much what we want to do. But, for one day when we have FOP at AK, I'd like to see if we can book the Navi River ride after (it seems not as popular). I thought I had read somewhere that if you don't actually use a FP+ then it doesn't "count" now. If it does, I may change a couple things. Thanks to all the experts here!
Yes, still accurate.

HELP Please! I am very confused can someone direct me to a post that can help me. We have four people in our party with FP+ 60 day booking coming up.
On the same day can 2 people reserve their 3 FP+ at the MK, and the other 2 people reserve their 3 FP+ at Epcot???
4 People total: 2 at MK, and 2 at Epcot on our last full vacation day.
Is this allowed or do we all 4 have to be at the same park at the same time to reserve and use our 3 FP+ each?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts