FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for this thread!

I'd like some advice for increasing my odds of getting FOP. Party of 8, I managed to get FOP for 5, split into two groups with overlapping times. Was able to get 3 fp at 60+1 then snagged 2 more a few weeks later.

For the final group of people I have:
Safari at 10:45
Lion King at 12:30 (this is the one I am trying to modify to get FOP, no interest in seeing this)
EE at 2:50

Should I cancel LK to free up that hour when a FOP fp may appear?

Is there any advantage to modify versus booking a new fp?

Any advantage to trying to add people to an existing fp?

Our AK day is in 22 days.

Thank you.

If they are Anytime FPs linked to your MDX account, use them in Any Park for one of the listed rides. You don’t need to book anything.

See the FP FAQ ADDENDUM section on Anytime FPs.

Thanks. I don't know what they are technically. I'm supposed to contact the CM in the next week about which 4 days I want them added. She made it sound like I needed to book them ahead of time. But maybe they ARE anytime.

Sorry if this has been asked before.... how strong are my chances of getting a 2nd tier1, after 2pm @EPCOT? Is it even possible? Im hoping to get test track or soarin. Thanks!

Sorry if this has been asked before.... how strong are my chances of getting a 2nd tier1, after 2pm @EPCOT? Is it even possible? Im hoping to get test track or soarin. Thanks!
Probably depends in part on how many are in your group. DH and I usually have really good luck finding same day FP for Soarin. Test Track is less common, but we have gotten it before. Basically just have to keep refreshing the app to see the available FP show up.

Agree with the above post. My family of 4 gets Soarin’ as a 4th quite often. Test Track only once that I can recall.

Last week we arrived at Epcot after 4:00. We had known that we would be arriving later in the day so set 2 tier 2 FP's for the AM to get those out of the way. On the drive to the park from the resort we moved a late evening TT FP up to within a few minutes so that we could go directly on when we got to the park. While in the line for TT we added a Soarin' that we could head straight over to. While in the line for Soarin' we added a FEA for about 45 minutes later so we went and grabbed a bite to eat in Japan then went to ride FEA. After FEA we did 3 Caballeros and added another TT FP for after that. Then we added a SE even though it wasn't needed (walked right on without using the FP). All this in around 3 hours. We could have added more Soarin' but headed out for the evening. This is for 3 people. Soarin' is certainly easier than TT but both can be found.

Last week we arrived at Epcot after 4:00. We had known that we would be arriving later in the day so set 2 tier 2 FP's for the AM to get those out of the way. On the drive to the park from the resort we moved a late evening TT FP up to within a few minutes so that we could go directly on when we got to the park. While in the line for TT we added a Soarin' that we could head straight over to. While in the line for Soarin' we added a FEA for about 45 minutes later so we went and grabbed a bite to eat in Japan then went to ride FEA. After FEA we did 3 Caballeros and added another TT FP for after that. Then we added a SE even though it wasn't needed (walked right on without using the FP). All this in around 3 hours. We could have added more Soarin' but headed out for the evening. This is for 3 people. Soarin' is certainly easier than TT but both can be found.

Again.....write a book! ::yes::

Yes; your window opens based on your check-in date.

Begin booking high priority rides (See the FP FAQ Sticky) first for later in your trip. Also check the Tiering in the FAQ and you will be able to pre-book 3 FPs for each park day and then use the app to search for others.

What is the reason for this? Why book first for later in the trip?

What is the reason for this? Why book first for later in the trip?

Early in the trip FP's for the top rides will already be gone....the longer you wait to book them for later in your trip the greater the chance that they will be gone or the times you want won't be available. Then come back to the beginning of the trip and get what's still available.

Early in the trip FP's for the top rides will already be gone....the longer you wait to book them for later in your trip the greater the chance that they will be gone or the times you want won't be available. Then come back to the beginning of the trip and get what's still available.

Thank you! I knew there had to be a reason. That makes perfect sense!

We're booked for a split stay in May for 3 nights at Pop then 6 nights at SSR. I'm still hoping that from what folks on here have said, I should be able to book FP for both stays (they are consecutive) when the 60 days in advance opens up for first hotel. Will check for FOP for end of stay rather than start at the first day instead of checking first day we had planned to visit AK, correct?

We're booked for a split stay in May for 3 nights at Pop then 6 nights at SSR. I'm still hoping that from what folks on here have said, I should be able to book FP for both stays (they are consecutive) when the 60 days in advance opens up for first hotel. Will check for FOP for end of stay rather than start at the first day instead of checking first day we had planned to visit AK, correct?

It will be interesting to see what your experience is. Hopefully that is the case.

In the News and Rumors board, there is a thread about the changes to the FP+ system that have been just implemented, and some folks there have booked dummy split stays today for the sake of trying out the new system and have found that only the first part of the split stay is available at the 60-day mark. If that is the case going forward, then anyone with a split stay would essentially have 2 (or however many resort reservations are involved) 60-day windows, which would pretty dramatically (and negatively) impact FP+ selections for the second half of the split stay. I understand that is how the system currently works for ADRs but that seems to me to be less of a concern than booking a long trip with the expectation of locking down hard-to-get FP+ selections late in your trip, only to find out that you can never book past 60+3 or whatever. Hopefully Disney finds a way to link split stays together again in the new system so if you are staying on property for split stay of consecutive reservations, you'll have access to FP+ selections for the entirety of the trip on 60 days from check-in on the first leg of the split stay.

Off of all the research going on here and in other forums, you’ll have 2 separate FP booking windows.

The FP FAQ Split Stay section has been updated. Split Stays are discussed in that FP FAQ thread and not here in the ADDENDUM.

AP holder staying Club Level at the end of April/beginning of May. I called at the '90 days before checkout'-date and booked 3 days of CLFPs (and regular FPs on those 3 days) during our 7-day trip. This morning (a couple of days before the 60-day mark for FPs), I randomly went into the app and noticed something interesting that I hadn't read about before. For the past few weeks, the app very well could have shown what I describe below, but I don't know. I do have a split stay (one day at an onsite hotel; the remaining days at another onsite hotel), but I'm not sure that's relevant here.

This morning, when going to "Get Fastpass+", my available dates for booking pastpasses were for today through March 24th (30 days; AP holder) and then also the dates of my vacation in late April/early May (note that this is before my 60 day window by 3-4 days). I was able to go in and book my regular FPs for the days of my vacation.

Glitch in the system? Was this because of my AP? Was this because of my CLFPs? Pixie Dust?

PARK HOPPING

Booking a FP+ for another park while in the first park:

NOTE: Splitting FP+ between parks or booking for another park can NOT be done until the same day, AFTER you have already scanned your card/MB at the first FP+ Mickey head to “prove” to the system that you’re in a park.

You cannot book for 2 different parks in advance or even on the same day until you have scanned your first FP+ (not just gotten into the park).

Theoretical situation....

Has anyone tried scanning a fastpass post for something they DO NOT have a fastpass for in order to "prove" they are in the park? For example, if I have booked FP+s at HS ONLY for Star Tours at 940 and SDD at 1140, could I "prove" I'm in the park by tapping my MB at something else on the way to TSMM? Or does it *have* to be something I have a FP+ for?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter