FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reporting back...yesterday at epcot I had a 910 fp booked for Pixar shorts and 220 for FEA. After we tapped in at Pixar I was able to book our 3rd for Fantasmic at HS even though we had not used our 2nd at epcot. Very helpful thanks to the info in this thread.

Just curious if letting the Tier 2 FPs expire and being able to get another Tier 1 is a change from how things rolled out early this year? We had 3 in our party skip a Tier 2 ride FP at HS in May and the only thing we could do was change the FP for those 3 to a different Tier 2.

For another ride in the same park/same day, choose 1 of your booked FPs and choose Modify. You'll see what is available except for the time periods where you already have FPs.
How do you check availability for another day if you've already booked your max fp days? Thinking of switching parks on a day, but would like to see what's available for FP first. Previously I was able to do it but now it seems you can't. Wants me to remove the guests that have reached their max fp allotment.

You must have an entitlement to check availability. It's always been that way - the system has only allowed viewing selections when there is an available entitlement.

You could always Cancel an AK day; check the new day and then rebook AK.

I have FP booked but if we don't go to the park that day, can we have our friends use the FP if we give them a set of our magic bands? or do we have to enter the park first?
Thanks!

I have FP booked but if we don't go to the park that day, can we have our friends use the FP if we give them a set of our magic bands? or do we have to enter the park first?
Thanks!
According to Disney's new Terms of Service regarding tickets used for booking FPs, the ticket that is linked to MDE and the associated FPs must be used for park entry for that specific park day.

Instructions for booking a FP+ for another park while in the first park (with pictures):
MDE told me that some members of my party were eligible for additional FP+. I selected View Eligible Guests:

http://s7.photobucket.com/user/marciemi/media/2014 Trips/2015/FPP Testing/IMG_9876.png.html?action=Copy&k=shared.media&o=20&action=Copy&k=shared.media&o=37

Curious, anyone know why this option is not available all the time?
I know for a fact I have used 1 FP in a park and gone in to alter remaining FP and NOT had a message that there were Eligible guests in my party. I do NOT get that message until all 3 FP are used. I have tried many, many times and never had the option to view eligible guests when I still have unused FP booked for that day.
Is there something specific that needs to be done to make this option available while FP are still booked for that day?

Is there a way to do this when you don't get the option to view eligible guests?

Last edited:
Just making sure - so with regard to booking a 4th FP+, I can do so after using my first FP+ IF it's in a different park. If my 4th FP+ will be in the same park, I need to wait until I've used all 3 FP+s? Thanks!!

When_2 or less FP+ are booked for Park #1:
Additionally, the new changes allow you to book fewer than three FP+ and once you scan the first FP+ (from within the first park), you can at that point make FP+ selections for a different park, even if you still have a FP+ remaining in the first park.

Not trying to beat a dead horse here, but just want to make sure I've got this correct . . .

So if I have FP+ booked at Epcot for Soarin' 10-11 and Spaceship Earth 11-12, as soon as I scan through at the first Mickey head in the FP+ line for Soarin', I can book a FP+ for TSMM or RnR at DHS - even though I've still got Spaceship Earth FP+ for later? It feels so weird to only book 2 FP+ so I just want to make sure this will work like I think it will. Thanks!

Unconventional FP question. My kid is traveling with a YES group. Last night at the meeting the teacher in charge had chaperones order magicbands for the kids in their room to be delivered to the school. She told us that when tickets get there she would give us our kid's ticket number to link in MDE and that they could just link their accounts and set up fastpasses on the bus. They are traveling through the parks with a different chaperone than the one I their room, and in larger groups, about 8-10 who have to stay together at all times.
1. Will those magic bands be linked to th room chaperone, and therefore not linkable to the MDE with their ticket.
2. Is it really that easy to link 10 or more separate MDE accounts and make fastpasses for all of them at once? She wants each kid to have their own independent account.

Last edited:
Unconventional FP question. My kid is traveling with a YES group. Last night at the meeting the teacher in charge had chaperones order magicbands for the kids in their room to be delivered to the school. She told us that when tickets get there she would give us our kid's ticket number to link in MDE and that they could just link their accounts and set up fastpasses on the bus. They are traveling through the parks with a different chaperone than the one I their room, and in larger groups, about 8-10 who have to stay together at all times.
1. Will those magic bands be linked to th room chaperone, and therefore not linkable to the MDE with their ticket.
2. Is it really that easy to link 10 or more separate MDE accounts and make fastpasses for all of them at once? She wants each kid to have their own independent account.
@subtchr has explained the MB-Ticket set up in some recent threads. Hopefully, she'll stop by with some info for you. :)

I will try to help!

To answer your questions, it depends on how the chaperones are entering the information in MDE to order the MagicBands. If they are creating their own MDE accounts, and adding the kids they are chaperoning under their (the chaperone's) account, then yes, there will be issues later with the kids having control over their tickets and fast passes with those bands.

1. Each MagicBand will be linked to the individual student. Each band has to be assigned to one guest. So the chaperone will attach a resort confirmation number to each student (the same one as their roommates, so that it opens the correct door!). They can then add that student's ticket number as well, when they receive it, allowing the student to use that MagicBand throughout the trip, to open their door, enter the park, and enter FP lines.

If you decide to have the kids create their own accounts separate from what the chaperones are doing for the MagicBands, you are correct -- the bands will not work to enter the parks. And it could well create a ton of confusion with the same names and possible overlapping other information in two separate MDE profiles.

It's a solvable problem, but it may take some phone calls to Disney IT (which I have always found EXTREMELY helpful!) to make the students' accounts their own. If the chaperones have not yet ordered the MagicBands, then you can also have the kids create their own accounts first, then link to their chaperones. If it's too late for that, then phone calls are in order.

2. Once you have solved the issue with question 1, then yes, it is easy to connect accounts as friends and family, to be able to book FP together. The other possibility is to just have kids traveling together book overlapping FP for the same attraction. Sometimes that actually works out much better. Say you have 10 kids trying to find a Splash Mountain FP together, from 11:00 - 12:00. There might well be no availability for 10, but if 3 of them get 11:00 - 12:00, 3 get 11:20 - 12:20, and 4 get 11:40 - 12:40, they can all enter the queue together at 11:40.

No matter how you decide to work it out, I imagine there will be some phone calls to Disney IT. The system is glitchy and often not very user-friendly if you are not used to it, and the phone reps really are extremely helpful!

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

I will try to help!

To answer your questions, it depends on how the chaperones are entering the information in MDE to order the MagicBands. If they are creating their own MDE accounts, and adding the kids they are chaperoning under their (the chaperone's) account, then yes, there will be issues later with the kids having control over their tickets and fast passes with those bands.

1. Each MagicBand will be linked to the individual student. Each band has to be assigned to one guest. So the chaperone will attach a resort confirmation number to each student (the same one as their roommates, so that it opens the correct door!). They can then add that student's ticket number as well, when they receive it, allowing the student to use that MagicBand throughout the trip, to open their door, enter the park, and enter FP lines.

If you decide to have the kids create their own accounts separate from what the chaperones are doing for the MagicBands, you are correct -- the bands will not work to enter the parks. And it could well create a ton of confusion with the same names and possible overlapping other information in two separate MDE profiles.

It's a solvable problem, but it may take some phone calls to Disney IT (which I have always found EXTREMELY helpful!) to make the students' accounts their own. If the chaperones have not yet ordered the MagicBands, then you can also have the kids create their own accounts first, then link to their chaperones. If it's too late for that, then phone calls are in order.

2. Once you have solved the issue with question 1, then yes, it is easy to connect accounts as friends and family, to be able to book FP together. The other possibility is to just have kids traveling together book overlapping FP for the same attraction. Sometimes that actually works out much better. Say you have 10 kids trying to find a Splash Mountain FP together, from 11:00 - 12:00. There might well be no availability for 10, but if 3 of them get 11:00 - 12:00, 3 get 11:20 - 12:20, and 4 get 11:40 - 12:40, they can all enter the queue together at 11:40.

No matter how you decide to work it out, I imagine there will be some phone calls to Disney IT. The system is glitchy and often not very user-friendly if you are not used to it, and the phone reps really are extremely helpful!

Hope you have a wonderful trip!
Thank you for the info! According to you what they are doing is going to cause problems because they had the chaperones create and MDE and order the bands. They then intend to have the students create individual MDE for their tickets, but hat hasn't happened yet. I just don't think they understand what they are doing, and the impact it is going to have on the kid's trip. I am not going on the trip, but am meeting DD there after. I thought the best solution was to have what you are describing initially with chaperones in control, but was overruled.

Thank you for the info! According to you what they are doing is going to cause problems because they had the chaperones create and MDE and order the bands. They then intend to have the students create individual MDE for their tickets, but hat hasn't happened yet. I just don't think they understand what they are doing, and the impact it is going to have on the kid's trip. I am not going on the trip, but am meeting DD there after. I thought the best solution was to have what you are describing initially with chaperones in control, but was overruled.

I think that is an accurate assessment, that they don't really understand how the system works.

At this point they have a couple choices, and I understand, since you are not a chaperone on the trip, that it might be tough to communicate this diplomatically! (But they do recognize that you're a Disney "pro", so there is hope!)

They can leave everything as it is, in which case they can either...

1. Have the room chaperones link the tickets to the students they have created profiles for when they ordered their MagicBands. Then they will have to book FP for all of those students. It will be very difficult to get the touring groups on the same page, and just about impossible for them to modify FP or add more after they used the pre-scheduled ones, since the chaperones will have to do it all. Not ideal.

2. Have the kids create their own MDE accounts, and link their tickets. Then at the parks, use their MagicBands to open their room doors, and their ticket cards to enter the parks and fastpass lines. This is actually what we end up doing with our large marching band groups of 150-200, because of the way the rooms are set up for those groups. Not a perfect solution, since the MagicBands are more convenient (and harder to lose!), but definitely doable. The only possible problem I would foresee could be confusion over duplicate names and other info between the profiles the chaperones set up and the ones the kids do. Yes, I'm sure there are multiple Jordan Smiths in the MDE system, but once you end up with duplicate emails with parent chaperones, etc., it could be an issue.

OR you can try to convince them to do the work ahead of time to merge the profiles that the chaperones created with the accounts the students will create and link their tickets to. It will take some time on the phone, but as I have mentioned, I find Disney IT extremely helpful. They realize the system is glitchy, so they seem to have extra patience! They have heard it all, so they can usually solve any issue.

They have to understand that a MagicBand can be linked to only one guest, in one MDE profile. So since they created those profiles to order MagicBands, the students cannot have a DIFFERENT profile/account with their tickets, and still have the MagicBand (which is linked to the chaperone-created profile) work. Nothing is loaded "on" or directly linked to a MagicBand. All they do is access the info in the guest's MDE profile -- in this case, the one the chaperones made.

Hope that makes sense and the kids have a great trip no matter how it shakes out!

I have an idea in my mind, and I believe it will work based on the booking two tier 2 FP+, letting them expire (but do not cancel), using a tier 1, and then booking another tier 1.

I am interested in going to HS and initially booking this:
Tier 2: Voyage of The Little Mermaid (9:10 - 9:25)
Tier 1: Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (10:00 - 11:00)
Tier 2: Tower of Terror (11:00 - 12:00)

I would allow The Little Mermaid to expire (no desire to get there this early), and remain on my account. I would then use RNR around 10:30 and TOT right afterward.

I would then like to try and book an additional tier 2 TOT while in line for TOT at the same time to ride it back to back with minimal wait (if available). My thinking is that this FP+ will be treated as my "additional" FP+ for the day and once used, I can then book another additional Tier 1 or Tier 2, based on what is open throughout the entire day. Is this correct?

I have an idea in my mind, and I believe it will work based on the booking two tier 2 FP+, letting them expire (but do not cancel), using a tier 1, and then booking another tier 1.

I am interested in going to HS and initially booking this:
Tier 2: Voyage of The Little Mermaid (9:10 - 9:25)
Tier 1: Rock 'n' Roller Coaster (10:00 - 11:00)
Tier 2: Tower of Terror (11:00 - 12:00)

I would allow The Little Mermaid to expire (no desire to get there this early), and remain on my account. I would then use RNR around 10:30 and TOT right afterward.

I would then like to try and book an additional tier 2 TOT while in line for TOT at the same time to ride it back to back with minimal wait (if available). My thinking is that this FP+ will be treated as my "additional" FP+ for the day and once used, I can then book another additional Tier 1 or Tier 2, based on what is open throughout the entire day. Is this correct?
Yes; but if you really want another Tier 1, attempt to book it after you enter the ToT line. Allowing Voyage to expire allows you the ability to book a Tier 1 OR a Tier 2.

Yes; but if you really want another Tier 1, attempt to book it after you enter the ToT line. Allowing Voyage to expire allows you the ability to book a Tier 1 OR a Tier 2.
Great, thank you! I will look for Tier 1 availability while waiting on line for TOT the second time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!