FP FAQ ADDENDUM: Park Hopping Tips; Refresh; Additional Tier 1 Booking; Anytime (Bonus) FPs; CL FPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct; you won’t be able to Modify an expired FP#1 for a FP#5.

Thanks! I suppose it's still possible that the EE FP will turn into an anytime that morning if EE is down and I would be able to use it that night. (I know I would then need to book and use or let another Tier 2 expire).

If you’re not park hopping, then you still need to book the third FP+, right? It’s the only way to possibly get to a second Tier 1 FP+. Is that still correct?

Help for refresh strategy at MK?

Any tips on the most efficient way to refresh while looking for 7DMT? Available attractions show in alphabetical order. So, do you have to scroll down to the s's every time you refresh to see if 7DMT is available?

Any tips on the most efficient way to refresh while looking for 7DMT? Available attractions show in alphabetical order. So, do you have to scroll down to the s's every time you refresh to see if 7DMT is available?
Yes, you have to scroll each time. If you find a time, any time, you can grab that and modify instead. When modifying it will show at the top so you won't have to scroll and can refresh faster.

On my phone if I scroll all the way down Seven Dwarfs Mine Train shows up under "Currently Unavailable," so instead of looking for it to pop up above, I just scroll all the way down (one quick flick on my phone get me there and it seems faster than trying to stop on the "S's") and if it's not there, I know it's available and scroll up and grab it. That may or may not be faster for you, but it is definitely easier on my eyes.

Hi folks,

Long time lurker, first time poster! We were at Epcot today with FP for Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth, and Frozen. Used the first Land FP, then got notification that Spaceship Earth was down and it was changed to a multi experience FP. Then used the Frozen FP, and then used the multi exp FP for Spaceship Earth when it went back up, so used all three initial FP around 4pm.

Around 7:10pm, while refreshing, saw a Frozen FP and tried to grab it, but the app said “This guest already has a FP+ selection for this experience on this date. Remove them from your party. Their plans won’t change.” and listed all three people in the party who had used Frozen FP earlier today.

I went to Guest Relations to ask about this, and the CM said that at Epcot and HS, only one tier 1 FP could be used PER DAY, even if I had used all three initial FPs. I was under the impression that the 4th, 5th, etc FP in a day could be for any attraction, regardless of tier. Is this a policy change or bad intel?

Hi folks,

Long time lurker, first time poster! We were at Epcot today with FP for Living with the Land, Spaceship Earth, and Frozen. Used the first Land FP, then got notification that Spaceship Earth was down and it was changed to a multi experience FP. Then used the Frozen FP, and then used the multi exp FP for Spaceship Earth when it went back up, so used all three initial FP around 4pm.

Around 7:10pm, while refreshing, saw a Frozen FP and tried to grab it, but the app said “This guest already has a FP+ selection for this experience on this date. Remove them from your party. Their plans won’t change.” and listed all three people in the party who had used Frozen FP earlier today.

I went to Guest Relations to ask about this, and the CM said that at Epcot and HS, only one tier 1 FP could be used PER DAY, even if I had used all three initial FPs. I was under the impression that the 4th, 5th, etc FP in a day could be for any attraction, regardless of tier. Is this a policy change or bad intel?
That is incorrect. The problem is that the anytime does not count as a FP having been used. You would need to add another tier 2 and use it before adding an additional tier 1.

That is incorrect. The problem is that the anytime does not count as a FP having been used. You would need to add another tier 2 and use it before adding an additional tier 1.

Ah, that explains it. Thank you! Good to know heading into HS tomorrow in case one of our FP rides go down

Hi folks,

I love the misinformation CM give when they don't quite get it...

Anyone else having the app crash over and over today when trying to refresh for FP? I'm still on the hunt for a better FoP time for our trip and I can't keep the app open long enough to get to my FP.

Anyone else having the app crash over and over today when trying to refresh for FP? I'm still on the hunt for a better FoP time for our trip and I can't keep the app open long enough to get to my FP.
Seems to be working fine for me. Maybe try using the mobile site instead of the app or re-installing the app.

Seems to be working fine for me. Maybe try using the mobile site instead of the app or re-installing the app.
Ugh, so annoying, it said it was up-to-date but since no one else seems to be having issues, I re-installed and, surprise, new features exist. At least I can get back to refreshing that FP again, thanks!

okay, I scanned thru the last couple pages, forgive me if this has been asked already.
im pretty well versed in refreshing, and I have always preferred to just grab a FP and then modify the time to what I want with refreshing.

this is what I’ve run into recently
Say I have FOP booked for 6:15pm. I tap on “change time” and select my party, then get a blank screen that just says “this selection is no longer available“ so there is really nothing to refresh.

in the past, I got around this by tapping on “change experience“ and used the times across the top to refresh until FOP came up in the time I wanted. I noticed that NOW when I do that, it shows me every ride EXCEPT the one I started with.

how do you refresh to see times that pop up for a ride that is unavailable at the moment?

EDIT- never mind, i tried it with a dummy FP today, you can refresh by just going back to Select your party, if a time is available it’ll pop up. Sorry for the waste of a post :P

Last edited:
okay, I scanned thru the last couple pages, forgive me if this has been asked already.
im pretty well versed in refreshing, and I have always preferred to just grab a FP and then modify the time to what I want with refreshing.

this is what I’ve run into recently
Say I have FOP booked for 6:15pm. I tap on “change time” and select my party, then get a blank screen that just says “this selection is no longer available“ so there is really nothing to refresh.

in the past, I got around this by tapping on “change experience“ and used the times across the top to refresh until FOP came up in the time I wanted. I noticed that NOW when I do that, it shows me every ride EXCEPT the one I started with.

how do you refresh to see times that pop up for a ride that is unavailable at the moment?

The latest update of the app made refreshing for a new time for a ride with limited/no availability more difficult. If there are no times available you have to go back and then click Continue to look again. Instead I would recommend using the mobile site because it still works the way the app used to.

Last edited:
The latest update of the app made refreshing for a new time for a ride with limited/no availability more difficult. If there are no times available you have to go back and then click Continue to look again. Instead I would recommend using the mobile site instead because it still works the way the app used to.
Oh that’s good to know! Thanks!

The latest update of the app made refreshing for a new time for a ride with limited/no availability more difficult. If there are no times available you have to go back and then click Continue to look again. Instead I would recommend using the mobile site because it still works the way the app used to.

Wait. When I'm on my cell in the park, what is the 'mobile site' vs the app? A bit confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!