FP for Flight of Passage

Samsma

DIS Veteran
Please help - we are late in planning and can't get a FP for Flight of Passage any day we will be at the parks May 31 - June 7. Does anyone have any secret tricks?

Keep trying. Especially the night before and early in the morning. We had a breakfast reservation onthe day we were at AK and went to Pandora as soon as we ate and we rode FOP and were off before 9:00, so if you are an early riser it is possible to get on with a FP, too.

If you can't find anything beforehand, definitely keep checking the app the day of. I was able to get 2 FP for FOP back in March.

If you can’t get an FP, just wait until later in the day to find the shortest standby lines. Just keep in mind that posted waits are intentionally exaggerated at night to discourage late riders.

We rode FoP just before closing time last June. The posted wait was 110 minutes but we were in the first pre-show room in 17 minutes.

I've gotten every 'hard to get' FP the night before or morning of my visit.

As others have pointed out, AK has been opening early for months. So, whether its an EMH day or not, be thru security about an hour before the scheduled start time & move with the masses to be off the ride at about opening time (regular or EMH time). You're just trading your wait time to before actual opening time. This is better if its EMH because the first hour will not have FP users cutting in front of you. Beware they load the line out on the sidewalk to deter you from staying, it will look daunting. But, its still the shortest wait of the day, so stay put.

I've even gotten FOP FP while in line for FOP before scheduled opening time. So, I rode twice. I've actually even gotten a 4th FP for FOP & ridden 3 times in one day & I always leave by 2 pm or earlier.

Please help - we are late in planning and can't get a FP for Flight of Passage any day we will be at the parks May 31 - June 7. Does anyone have any secret tricks?

Unless they were booked that quickly....I'm looking on the DIBB and it shows FPs for the evenings available on FoP on May 31 and June 1. When was the last time you looked?

Flight of Passage is available the evening of June 1st. When hours were extended earlier this week additional times became available.

Flight of Passage is available the evening of June 1st. When hours were extended earlier this week additional times became available.

That's exactly what I was thinking and why I went to look to see if I could help the OP out. Do you not see evenings available on the 31st? I still do.

I am in the same boat with trying to get FP's to Slinky Dog. They were already gone when I was able to book, but I just keep checking and hoping something will open up. Worst case for you is you might plan on the rope-drop plan - even if you have to wait in a line in the AM, it won't be as bad as later in the day. That's what we will probably have to do for SDD.

Good luck to you, have a great trip!

Just keep trying. I couldn't get one at 60 days out either, but last week I went in and tried and was able to get one.

Good luck!!!

Wow Shocker, 3 times on FoP before 2 p.m.? You must be persistent!!
I have been lucky to get 2nd FP's in the same day. You really do have to just keep checking back and refreshing.

I scored afternoon FP+ for FOP and SDD when my FP+ window opened last week for my June trip. I was kind of surprised, since it was already mid-morning here on the West Coast when I started looking... I did have AK and DHS planned for later in the trip, so that may have helped and I'm going solo, so that may have been a benefit as well.

Wow Shocker, 3 times on FoP before 2 p.m.? You must be persistent!!
I have been lucky to get 2nd FP's in the same day. You really do have to just keep checking back and refreshing.

:D I too got 2 FOP FP's for the same day, the other was a rope drop ride.

ETA: and the ride is just that good!

FoP is awwwwwesome!

We don't do rope drop. Too laid back for that. The normal crowds are bad enough. lol

We got FP for 9 AM on the morning of our AK day once, and another time we got early afternoon FP by checking the app in the mid morning.
We've also ridden it before park close with lower wait time.

Went in January and rode three times over the course of five days. Two rope drops and was given a free FP from a Cast Member (it was my first time there since it opened and I was asking questions about how to time it to be able to ride with no FP and keeping the ride short). Best new attraction in a REALLY long time. Anywhere.

My trip is 27 days out. I booked late and has to take what FP's I could. I kept checking though and 2 days ago 2 times opened up for FOP. They were both later ones but I snagged one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!