FP for FOP and Frozen ever after?

AngieInOH

DIS Veteran
How hard is it to get FP for FOP or Frozen at 60+1? Didn't know if these were still hot FPs that couldn't be gotten early in a trip. It would be for a family of 6 (my sister not me)

You'll have to go later than +1 for FOP, especially for six people.

FEA is much easier these days. Even possible to pick up day of. FOP at 60+1 is very rare. +3 or +4 is more likely.

I got both at 60 and 60+2 at 5ish hours after my window opened (I was in the air between Rome and NYC at 7am) for 9/8-10...but I'm only one person.

There have been reports in the last couple of days of people not being able to get FOP at all for their shorter trips in Sept. But there are also people like the pp who have been able to. Availability has varied a lot for a while now. Log in and be ready right at 7:00 Eastern and hope for the best.

You should be fine on FEA.

There have been reports in the last couple of days of people not being able to get FOP at all for their shorter trips in Sept. But there are also people like the pp who have been able to. Availability has varied a lot for a while now. Log in and be ready right at 7:00 Eastern and hope for the best.

You should be fine on FEA.

I'm one of the people who wasn't able to get FOP yesterday at 7 am on my 60+2 day...but there were plenty of options for Frozen at even the 60 day mark (for a party of 2). Fingers crossed that you have better luck than I did on FOP! :)

For FoP You may want to search in groups of 2 or 3. The reservations don't need to be exact, just overlap.
For example:
2 people get a 10:15-11:15
2 people get a 10:30 - 11:30
2 people get a 10:45 - 11:45

Effectively a FP for 6 between 10:45 - 11:15, and actually until 11:30 as the first group gets a 15 min grace period.

Also, if you get 4 of your party a fp+ for sometime in the morning as in my example and the last 2 people you find in the afternoon or evening Make the reservations. Just go to the CM at the ride and explain that 2 people were added to your trip later and you couldn't get the same time. They will go with majority rules, and let you all ride at the same time. I've done this on a few occasions, and all they cared about was that everyone had a FP+. Just ask nicely.

FEA, you can get sameday most times...on my last trip it was under a 45 min wait multiple times.

FWIW, there are also a ton of times available for NRJ as well. Just not FOP.

Tomorrow is my FP day and am also worried about FOP, mind you there is only 2 of us. We will be at at Disney from Sept 22-30 but not going to AK until the 27th so hopefully that will be far enough into the trip to get it. My DH never cares what I choose but this year this is the one FP he absolutely wants so I want to get it. It will also be the 1st one I go for. I haven't been worried about getting a FP since 7DMT opened, lol.

I will be there 9/11 thru 16 and yesterday there were two or three FPs for me for FOP. On different days and later in the afternoon but there. Frozen was pretty much open all week.

I wanted FOP for 60+2 and 60+5 but there was no availability for 60+2. That was for 2 people in mid September.

I was able to get a day of for FEA for a party of 10. I checked after we'd used our first 3 FPs around noon and couldn't believe FEA was available around 7 without having to refresh or split up our party. The time worked perfectly with the rest of our plans so I grabbed it and was done. :) FOP is an entirely different ballgame though - good luck!

I'm curious about this as well .. a few months until my 60 day window (Mid November trip), but I have my AK day planned at 60+2 and my DHS day at 60+5 (I was assuming that Slinky Dog Dash would be the "hot ticket", being new and all). Might be hard to change that now (without losing ADRs)

My planned AK day is a morning EMH day (and is also Veteran's Day holiday (Monday), so I don't know if that affects anything (and going with two little kids and their grandparents, I am not sure if we are going to play the "rush to Pandora" game that morning). My hope was to get a FP for FOP and just use the EMH to do something else.

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat hoping to get FOP FP at 60 + 3.

The trend I have been seeing is 60 + 4 gets you a FOP Fastpass.

But I'm going solo so I hope that helps me.

**fingers crossed**

Tomorrow is my FP day and am also worried about FOP, mind you there is only 2 of us. We will be at at Disney from Sept 22-30 but not going to AK until the 27th so hopefully that will be far enough into the trip to get it. My DH never cares what I choose but this year this is the one FP he absolutely wants so I want to get it. It will also be the 1st one I go for. I haven't been worried about getting a FP since 7DMT opened, lol.
Good Luck! Let us know please!

I was able to get Frozen Ever After at our 30 day mark since we are off property. My family wasn't interested in FOP but I did get River Journey at AK. We are a family of 5.

I wouldn't worry super hard about it, I was by no means avidly trying to get FOP, but I couldn't get it at all on my 60+1 day initially, but didn't have get flexibility to switch my AK day. I checked in periodically and within 3-4 days I had a 5pm, and maybe a week later through just randomly checking every day or two as I remembered I was able to switch it to 11am, lining my FP up in a row exactly as I had hoped. Just keep trying

I’m not staying at a Disney resort, so my window started 30 days before we plan to visit AK in mid August.
I couldn’t find any FP for FOP but only for Navi river. I was stalking the Disney app for days and behold I was able to modify the Navi river FPs for our party of 3 to a 6:35 pm for FOP and it’s abt 18 days before. It’s not an ideal time as it’s towards park closing so can’t grab more FPs during park day once I’m done with my early ones, but it still beats rope drop craziness I’m guessing.

I will keep trying to modify the time to earlier in the day. I’m hopeful that a few days before or morning of I might be able to do that.

As for frozen, I saw plenty of options at 30 daysout, but opted for TT, as frozen wait times have dwindled significantly and TT are consistently above an hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter