FP+ Illuminations viewing with an ECV

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Within the Illuminations viewing area, is there a special HA area for those on an ECV? And the FP+ instructions say to show up between 8:40-8:55. Is that when most people normally show up, or do they start lining up much earlier. How is viewing from there? I'll be solo, so no guests with me if there is a separate viewing area.

People show up early for the FP spot. It is on a hill so this helps some. If you want front row you will need to get there early if not your could still see but you might miss some of it.

Also note that there are two different times for Illuminations fastpasses - 8:30 and 8:40. So if you have the 8:40 one you’ll be getting in after the first group. When you book a fastpass for it, usually only one timeslot shows up. But if you book it and subsequently go back in to modify it, the other time will show up if still available.

Also note that there are two different times for Illuminations fastpasses - 8:30 and 8:40. So if you have the 8:40 one you’ll be getting in after the first group. When you book a fastpass for it, usually only one timeslot shows up. But if you book it and subsequently go back in to modify it, the other time will show up if still available.

Thanks, I didn't know this. I'll see if I can modify it.

Within the Illuminations viewing area, is there a special HA area for those on an ECV? And the FP+ instructions say to show up between 8:40-8:55. Is that when most people normally show up, or do they start lining up much earlier. How is viewing from there? I'll be solo, so no guests with me if there is a separate viewing area.

I’m wondering about those of us without fastpasses. Is there a separate scooter area for non fastpass people?

I’m wondering about those of us without fastpasses. Is there a separate scooter area for non fastpass people?
Yes there is depending on the day and how crowded it is will determine how early you need to get there

the black circle are where the Handicap viewing area are ( by the UK and garmany there is another one by the FP area not sure if this is for FP or not)

Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 11.22.51 PM.png

Last edited:
Thanks, I didn't know this. I'll see if I can modify it.

Done! Last night I kept getting a "Something went wrong-please try again! Fortunately it worked this morning, and I was able to change it. Don't know why I never noticed the earlier time as an option when I first made the FP+. I think I'll stop at Karamel Kuchen for a snack so I'll have something to do while I'm waiting.
Thanks again.

Done! Last night I kept getting a "Something went wrong-please try again! Fortunately it worked this morning, and I was able to change it. Don't know why I never noticed the earlier time as an option when I first made the FP+. I think I'll stop at Karamel Kuchen for a snack so I'll have something to do while I'm waiting.
Thanks again.

I’m not surprised you didn’t notice an earlier option because I don’t remember if I’ve ever seen both timeslots come up together as choices. Probably Disney’s subtle way of doing a bit of crowd control without us paying attention. At any rate, glad you got the earlier time. And now I have on my list to stop at Karamel Kuchen before illuminations 😄

FPs for illuminations have traditionally been fairly easy to get day-of, even later in the day after you’ve used your others. Although with illuminations coming to an end those FPs may be in real demand right now.

We really like the HA viewing spot by Germany. There are benches there and most of the time plenty of space. The area is large enough that (at least what we’ve experienced) they only rope off about half of it as HA but can move the ropes if they need more or less room. We usually go get some food and then with the benches my companions have somewhere to sit and relax and eat. Sometimes it’s been full enough that the kids end up sitting on the ground but that works, too. Then everybody stands behind the ECVs/WCs when illuminations starts.

We really like the HA viewing spot by Germany. There are benches there and most of the time plenty of space. The area is large enough that (at least what we’ve experienced) they only rope off about half of it as HA but can move the ropes if they need more or less room. We usually go get some food and then with the benches my companions have somewhere to sit and relax and eat. Sometimes it’s been full enough that the kids end up sitting on the ground but that works, too. Then everybody stands behind the ECVs/WCs when illuminations starts.

For the HA spot by Germany, how far ahead would you suggest being there? I'll have several evenings at Epcot, and since I'm staying close by, at BCV, I'm planning to see Illuminations almost every night.

For the HA spot by Germany, how far ahead would you suggest being there? I'll have several evenings at Epcot, and since I'm staying close by, at BCV, I'm planning to see Illuminations almost every night.

It depends (😄unhelpful answer, I know). Are you going soon during these last final performances? If so, all bets are off as far as making any predictions versus experience we’ve had in the past. Who knows how big the crowds might keep getting.

We would sometimes get there an hour early but then send a couple of people out for food. So since we were using the time for eating dinner the wait didn’t bother us. Other times we’d just be in the vicinity, enjoying that part of world showcase, while keep an eye on whether the space was filling up and going in, say, 30 minutes ahead of time. Obviously it also depends on the weather and day of the week. If you’re going to be there multiple nights you’ll get a good feel for any adjustments needed from one night to the next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter