FP reservation morning....

I'll fly for this Mickey Mouse outfit!
I am sure there are many who can relate, and then there are the Happy stress free people who don’t relate (ie: the just take it as it comes when you get there folks). My wife did FP stuff this morning (as she always does each trip...pages of park schedules marked up with EMH days, Park hours, potential days of the vacation to go there, dinner ressies, etc). So this morning I got message from her that FP was all set. She had been saying that boys were going to have to get cereal for themselves this morning so she could be ready to go at 7 when the ressies opened up for us. I asked her this morning if the boys had in fact made their own cereal, and got the following reply:

“Yep. I was up at 6:15 to get computer on in case it did that taking forever to turn on. Got bowls, a few cereals out, opened little oranges, got their milk, all ready. Even slice of banana bread. Both starving by 6:45 so perfect. FP start at 7... cancelled 4 Cape May breakfasts once plans settled and one of the Ohanas I had so all set there. Two potential Typhoon lagoon days. Also got Flight of passage day of dvc event so that was a weight off my shoulders!”

I guess the point of all this is it is that in reading her message I chuckle at how much pre-preparation is involved in getting prepared for the day that you are going to make the plans that themselves are pre-preparation for your trip! Lol.

It sure has changed since the days when I was a kid.

Back then MK was the only park and other than everyone standing in the queue at every ride, Dad would dispatch his fastest child (not me) at rope drop (or whatever it was in the late 70s) to run and get in line for King Stefan's Banquet Hall (or however it was spelled) which is now Cinderella's Royal Table at the top of the castle. The sign-up was at the entrance to the restaurant where it is today in the breezeway through the castle. The line formed to make same-day reservations for either lunch or dinner. Dad would come up a minute or two later with the rest of us in tow to be the adult to make the reservation.

Now as Jimmy says, there is so much planning about the planning regarding how to plan.

Jimmy, she ought to go into business as a Certified Disney Reservation Queen. Sounds like she knows how to work the system. :surfweb:

Bama Ed

I would be perfectly fine with her doing FP for us for 2020 Dismeet.

Only locals GO to Disney World, everyone else plans like it's an invasion!
I told my mom who hasn't been since they had the paper tickets about magic bands, dining reservations and booking fastpasses, she said it sounded like too much work!

Totally agree with pp -your wife is a Super Star -
My Disney planning used to be my favorite and build excitement now it builds a little anxiety
until its done then when i have all the hard to obtain stuff done then i feel Great !

I think its been yearly now for us since 98 - and Oh my the planning has really took things to a whole new level
When our kids where young ,we always stayed 9-15 days at the Fort - never hard to get

Now we also have DVC so that is 11 months out for home resort booking -so i get home and start all over with planning
so why not just do the fort res at the same time -usually easy peasy until this year

The bummer part just comes with my Dining / Fastpass dates -The dining dates start right in the middle of the only show i take my business to --- so somehow after a 16 hour day and a shower
i have to try and remember its my Disney reservation time and try to snag the hard ones and then my fast passes open up the day before Christmas Eve -- so it really just couldn't be worse for having sitting around computer time to do it -but I am going to try and make a calendar with everything on it -this month -
and just stash it away and see if that helps expedite things when i do it -
Any tips always appreciated

I was pondering Last trip can you possibly imagine the poor people that just decide to come and dont know or have an agent or fast passes or dining reservations ???
It could be impossible to do anything sometimes - marathon weekend is on part of my trip -and it is so crowded there is a 10 turn queue for the people mover
i usually avoid the park in the day and do my fast passes in the eve or head Clearwater for that Saturday

Hail to the planners !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter