FP+ Tiers after TSL Open

Aron1012

Mouseketeer
Starting to plan Summer 2018 Trip. I noticed Touring Plans shows SDD in their FP+ list as Tier 1 but doesn't have Alien Swirling Saucers (Not going to abbreviate that one just yet:)). Made me wonder how everything will be structured once TSL opens.

I would guess that both the new rides would go into Tier 1 at least initially. Would they really also leave RnR, F!, TSMM, and BBL all as Tier 1 too? So my guess is RnR or TSMM drops down to Tier 2. Anyone else have predictions??

It's a good question - they may just add SDD to Tier 1, and make *** a tier 2 and leave the other Tier 1s (or maybe move one of the other Tier 1s to a tier 2 - probably BBL)

man, and now I am going to get confused if when people type *** do they mean Alien Saucer's Swirl or All Star Sports .... too much *** at WDW ;)

It's a good question - they may just add SDD to Tier 1, and make *** a tier 2 and leave the other Tier 1s (or maybe move one of the other Tier 1s to a tier 2 - probably BBL)

man, and now I am going to get confused if when people type *** do they mean Alien Saucer's Swirl or All Star Sports .... too much *** at WDW ;)
Disney needs to think about acronyms for message boards when they name things.

Back to the OP original post, I would guess it will depend on SDD height requirements.
But I also don't think the ride that can not be named will be tier A. It's suppose to be similar to Mator's at DCA correct? Mator's is way fun, I completely adore it but it's a one and done ride. It can hold 40-50 people in a 90 second cycle (plus loading time.)
If DCA had a tiered FP (and Mator actually had a FP) I can't envision Mator being a higher or even equal tier to RSR, TOT, TSMM, CS etc.

Last edited:
To be fair the pun would work better if they were all actually minivans rather than SUVs

To be fair, there are very few minivans on the market
and even some of those are not your typical van shape
AND most SUVs are not sports or utility ... just vehicles.
Most SUVs are the new minivan, and they are truly neither.
SO .... I say red with polka dots makes it minivan. ::yes::

To be fair, there are very few minivans on the market
and even some of those are not your typical van shape
AND most SUVs are not sports or utility ... just vehicles.
Most SUVs are the new minivan, and they are truly neither.
SO .... I say red with polka dots makes it minivan. ::yes::

Well, as someone who owns an actual minivan and who has many, many friends with actual minivans I respectfully disagree :D

Well, as someone who owns an actual minivan and who has many, many friends with actual minivans I respectfully disagree :D

I should specify, the are less and less models new coming on line each year.

I drove minivans for 30 years, shopping for them now is a limited experience.

LOVED my Ford Aerostar (14 years) .... no more Ford "minivans" unless you consider the Transit which is a cargo truck they put seats in or a Flex which is really just a station wagon.

Then I drove a Chevy Astro (15 years) .... all "SUVs" now, which is route I went. Closest is the Commercial Express passenger van.

There are still some but not like they used to be, maybe five legit ones out there.

Once Star Wars opens, will the keep the Tiers? At that point you are arguably looking at 6-7 possibilities for "tier 1." The argument always made for tiering at DHS and EPCOT was that there were only 2 or three experiences that people wanted fast passes for as opposed to MK that had multiple and that Disney had to spread it out a bit so the top 3 attractions weren't always out of fastpasses before they even opened.

I should specify, the are less and less models new coming on line each year.

I drove minivans for 30 years, shopping for them now is a limited experience.

LOVED my Ford Aerostar (14 years) .... no more Ford "minivans" unless you consider the Transit which is a cargo truck they put seats in or a Flex which is really just a station wagon.

Then I drove a Chevy Astro (15 years) .... all "SUVs" now, which is route I went. Closest is the Commercial Express passenger van.

There are still some but not like they used to be, maybe five legit ones out there.

Agree with this.

Just rented a new Pacifica a few weeks ago for the Beach and US Horror nights-super nice and actually a mini van. But I think the Town & Country is no more.

Agree with this.

Just rented a new Pacifica a few weeks ago for the Beach and US Horror nights-super nice and actually a mini van. But I think the Town & Country is no more.[/QUOTE

Yes and Yes. It has evolved from an SUV into their minivan.

Agree with this.

Just rented a new Pacifica a few weeks ago for the Beach and US Horror nights-super nice and actually a mini van. But I think the Town & Country is no more.
Town and Country still exists in addition to the Pacifica.

Once Star Wars opens, will the keep the Tiers? At that point you are arguably looking at 6-7 possibilities for "tier 1." The argument always made for tiering at DHS and EPCOT was that there were only 2 or three experiences that people wanted fast passes for as opposed to MK that had multiple and that Disney had to spread it out a bit so the top 3 attractions weren't always out of fastpasses before they even opened.

When Star Wars opens they may change the whole thing up and donlike with Pandora that the Starr Wars rides are tier 1 and everything else is Tier 2 or maybe new Mickey ride also Tier 1

I think SDD will become tier 1 and all the rest will be tier 2. More families will ride that then RnR. Look at 7DMT. It's a family ride and not near as intense as Space Mtn. but the line is always longer.

Part of that is also the newness of the attraction as well. I do think they will change stuff up some, but I imagine that SDD will be a Tier 1 and TSMM will remain so as well, but coudl see Fantasmic and RnR dropping down to Tier 2. Is ToT a tier 1 currently? If not I'm kind fo surprised because it always seems to have big lines and is a major attraction.

Once all the lands are open, maybe they will have one Tier 1 per land plus RnR coaster. So that's three tier 1's to choose from, and all the other attractions/shows will be tier 2's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter