FP+ Tiers after TSL Open

Town and Country still exists in addition to the Pacifica.

Really new ones going forward? I thought it was blended into the Pacifica name plate.

Hoping tiers go away at DHS.

Really new ones going forward? I thought it was blended into the Pacifica name plate.

Hoping tiers go away at DHS.
Looks like they did do away with it for the following year. They did coexist this past year though.

I can't see anyway tiers go away at DHS with Star Wars coming.

Looks like they did do away with it for the following year. They did coexist this past year though.

I can't see anyway tiers go away at DHS with Star Wars coming.
SO, Pandora-esque tiers with SWGE? I think they could get away with that in DHS. Still not great, but better than having 3 tiers. I think between TSL and SWGE there will be 2 tiers still with SDD moved into tier 1, possibly replacing TSMM, especially with the added 3rd track lessening the wait for that ride.

Once SWGE comes on, I expect those two rides to be one tier and the rest all thrown together. Some people will still chose the Mermaid Show, Frozen, Fantasmic, Disney Jr (or whatever if it gets replaced) Indiana Jones in addition to TSMM, SDD, TT, RRC, Aliens, Star Tours (or whatever replaces it), Mickey Ride. Maybe even set aside a nighttime firework area for FP+ and you'll have people spread out their things. Heck, with little kids, many parents are gonna be forced to utilize a show plus only 1 ride outside of SWGE. I know for Pandora this past summer, I was able to get the Banshee ride, did Safari b/c the 3 yr old loves animals, and then it was a show. Riders of Kali and/or Everest love people like me...and I think the same will hold true at DHS.

SO, Pandora-esque tiers with SWGE? I think they could get away with that in DHS. Still not great, but better than having 3 tiers. I think between TSL and SWGE there will be 2 tiers still with SDD moved into tier 1, possibly replacing TSMM, especially with the added 3rd track lessening the wait for that ride.

Once SWGE comes on, I expect those two rides to be one tier and the rest all thrown together. Some people will still chose the Mermaid Show, Frozen, Fantasmic, Disney Jr (or whatever if it gets replaced) Indiana Jones in addition to TSMM, SDD, TT, RRC, Aliens, Star Tours (or whatever replaces it), Mickey Ride. Maybe even set aside a nighttime firework area for FP+ and you'll have people spread out their things. Heck, with little kids, many parents are gonna be forced to utilize a show plus only 1 ride outside of SWGE. I know for Pandora this past summer, I was able to get the Banshee ride, did Safari b/c the 3 yr old loves animals, and then it was a show. Riders of Kali and/or Everest love people like me...and I think the same will hold true at DHS.
Yes I’m thinking Pandora-esque I can’t see them allowing guests to get both Star Wars FPs.

I have a radical and innovative idea to address this two-tier problem. Bear with me. Rather than eliminating tiers, I'd suggest a Tier-plus type system that further breaks down the attractions based on their anticipated popularity and innovation. Each attraction would be assigned to one of several classifications - let's call them Tier 1, 2, 3, 4 ... or, for even easier reference, call them A, B, C, D and E passes. You would be given a total allotment of FPs (let's call them FP "coupons" - maybe give each person 10 of these) that could be divided up among the attractions however you wanted - but the more popular attractions (for the sake of our example, let's call these the "E passes") would "cost" more "FP coupons" to use than the other passes - say 5 or 6 of your total FP allotment, whereas an "A pass" or "B pass" might only be 1 or 2 FP "coupons". It's genius - I wonder why Disney hasn't thought of it before!!

(Yes, I'm joking - the more things change the more they stay the same...)

Yes I’m thinking Pandora-esque I can’t see them allowing guests to get both Star Wars FPs.

I wonder if they might make the new Mickey ride part of that Tier 1 as well as I recall talk about part of the reason for that Mickey ride was to take help with crowds coming for Star Wars and at least be something for people if both Star Wars ride FP are gone/for people that don't care about Star Wars and/or want to avoid the craziness when it first opens

I have a radical and innovative idea to address this two-tier problem. Bear with me. Rather than eliminating tiers, I'd suggest a Tier-plus type system that further breaks down the attractions based on their anticipated popularity and innovation. Each attraction would be assigned to one of several classifications - let's call them Tier 1, 2, 3, 4 ... or, for even easier reference, call them A, B, C, D and E passes. You would be given a total allotment of FPs (let's call them FP "coupons" - maybe give each person 10 of these) that could be divided up among the attractions however you wanted - but the more popular attractions (for the sake of our example, let's call these the "E passes") would "cost" more "FP coupons" to use than the other passes - say 5 or 6 of your total FP allotment, whereas an "A pass" or "B pass" might only be 1 or 2 FP "coupons". It's genius - I wonder why Disney hasn't thought of it before!!

(Yes, I'm joking - the more things change the more they stay the same...)

Though if we play that forward, would you be allowed to buy more "coupons" once you have uses up your initial allotment, and thus allowing for paying for what are today FP?

(and yes, i know what you are getting at, just back in the day you could "pay to play" more)

Though if we play that forward, would you be allowed to buy more "coupons" once you have uses up your initial allotment, and thus allowing for paying for what are today FP?

(and yes, i know what you are getting at, just back in the day you could "pay to play" more)
As much as it pains me to identify even more ways to monetize these types of things at WDW - yes, I think that'd be a logical (and profitable) step.

To keep with the theme, though, I'd further recommend that Disney call these something other than "FP coupons" in honor of Star Wars. Maybe "Republic credits". Only so that when people walk up to the FP gate for one of the new SW:GE rides, a video screen flips on to show a Watto-like character that tells them: "Republic credits? Republic credits are no good out here. I need something more real." At which point you can begin feeding $20s into the "Republic Credit Entry Gate" new and exclusive to SW:GE!!

As much as it pains me to identify even more ways to monetize these types of things at WDW - yes, I think that'd be a logical (and profitable) step.

To keep with the theme, though, I'd further recommend that Disney call these something other than "FP coupons" in honor of Star Wars. Maybe "Republic credits". Only so that when people walk up to the FP gate for one of the new SW:GE rides, a video screen flips on to show a Watto-like character that tells them: "Republic credits? Republic credits are no good out here. I need something more real." At which point you can begin feeding $20s into the "Republic Credit Entry Gate" new and exclusive to SW:GE!!

That would be pretty cool - and keeping with the "ultra immersiveness" they claim they are going for with SW:GE - if earth dollars are no good in SW:GE and you need republic credits or something - or at least prices were listed in that and perhaps they convert if you use Earth credit cards or magic bands to pay

... and maybe in the "dark underbelly" of the land they still take Galactic Credits or something

That would be pretty cool - and keeping with the "ultra immersiveness" they claim they are going for with SW:GE - if earth dollars are no good in SW:GE and you need republic credits or something - or at least prices were listed in that and perhaps they convert if you use Earth credit cards or magic bands to pay

... and maybe in the "dark underbelly" of the land they still take Galactic Credits or something
Perhaps Disney could adopt a credit system where it's all but impossible to determine how much money you're actually spending each time, so you end up spending more than you realize - sort of like Dave & Buster's tokens ("Wait - this game takes 6.3? What does that even mean?").

As for that seedy underbelly and immersiveness, I'd hope that there's an "easter egg" where you can skip having to pay for the FPs by betting the system that some gifted young 8 year old you just met can win a race for you at the Tomorrowland Speedway.

Forgot to check in on this thread over the weekend, but pleased to see all the directions it went from Minnie Van models, to The Outer Rim (love the ideas!!), to Acronyms, and some FP+ tiering. Love it!

I do like the idea of Pandora style Tier 1 for SW:GE once it opens and I think that's how it will go then. But I do wonder in the time leading up to that how they'll address the TSL additions. Even though Alien SS may not be Tier 1 quality ride, it will be new and thus would likely be included in that tier. I could see that being the case until MRR opens (guessing it will be prior to SW:GE).

The parks with Tiering will just be messy as new rides come along since demand will be so high for them all.

I mean hopefully DHS can get away with the old tiering system, right? Once everything is done it will go from 4 "fast passable" ride attractions to 9! 5 of which will be HIGHLY in demand, that gives DHS more "wait in a line to get on a ride" attractions than Epcot.

I wonder if they will just get rid of the tier system and go with what they have at AK and just have a "land" Tier.
Basically you can either get TSMM, Slinky Dog, or Alien Swirl. Everything else (since they are so old) will just be tier 2.
When SWGE comes out .. SWGE can just become Tier 1 making everything else Tier 2. There should be enough demand that it won't matter what you get as your Tier 2, right? Let's say you get a Star Wars fast pass, TSMM and Slinky Dog? That still leaves a lot of desirable Fast Passes left for the thrill seekers (RnR coaster, Tower of Terror) and the familys (Mickey's Runaway Railway, Alien Saucers) as well as Star Tours and any number of shows or meet and greets).

Epcot will hopefully fix its problem as well by making more "Tier 1" type attractions in Ratatouille and Guardians of the Galaxy.

If a park has enough desirable attractions, then it will become like Magic Kingdom where everything is "Tier 1" . .which is better for everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter